“ideal for business stay”

Grand Hyatt Washington
Ranked #71 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“ideal for business stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Choice of hotel was from the person organizing the small conference I attended for two days. Very centrally located. My room seemed a somewhat awkward shape when I first walked in but eventually I rather liked the fact that the bed was on an angle, well away from the entrance door. Room had everything I required, very comfortable bed, spotlessly clean. Interesting charging station next to the desk that offered many options including plugs and usb charging. Bathroom was a bit "industrial" ie. the toilet was one with the pipes showing as in a public facility, however water pressure etc was terrific. Any staff I had contact with were very pleasant. Its a huge hotel and I was concerned that might mean long waits for elevators in the morning but in fact they were very fast. Cant say the hotel had charm - it was a large chain hotel - but it was a comfortable stay that left nothing to be desired.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LVLTO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We checked in tonight at 8:30 and it was a total mess. We are a family of four and I booked a room with with two double beds. When I checked in, I was told that they over sold all the double bed rooms. I offered to pay for an upgrade, and they didn't have anything to accommodate all 4 of us except they could give me a king room, and bring in a roll away bed. I said fine, and figured my son could just sleep with us. He's 8. Not the greatest accommodations, but things happen and no big deal as long as we all had a place to sleep... While we waited, they gave the kids ice cream sandwiches which was nice,but not expected, and the workers checking us in were very accommodating and super nice. Again, things happen! We headed to our " king" room, and it was a queen. I called and asked for two roll aways since it was a queen and we would make it work. They said they couldn't bring two into the room. I then said the queen room was not going to work, and they then gave us a king room with 1 roll away bed after calling 2 times and waiting another 20 minutes. We got to the new room and it is on the first floor and the room itself is clean, however, the hallway on the way to the room is disgusting! There was dirt and dry wall pieces all over the floor. I understand they're under construction, but at least vacuum the hallways if u have guests staying on the floors. If you do stay here, I would not stay on the first or 2nd floors. That is where both of the rooms are that we were in and the construction is still going on. I will say, the location is great though, but I would definitely recommend staying at a different hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Odjenni
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Washington. It is very disappointing to learn that you and your family did not receive your requested bed type. Please know we try and accommodate all of our guests bed type requests to ensure their stays are enjoyable. I have shared your comments regarding the corridors to our housekeeping manager. I want to assure you that your recent experience at our property is not the norm. I hope that we can have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Washington so you can experience our true Hyatt hospitality.

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Absolutely enjoyed my stay here! The staff was amazing and very courteous. The rooms were clean and updated (LOVED the bedside outlet for my electronics!) The best part was the location! All the attractions are just a 10-15 minute walk away. It was perfect! Definitely will stay here again if I find myself in Washington DC in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

A recent trip took me to DC to meet with our legislators and we had our national conference at the Grand Hyatt. Rather than focus on the rooms, which were excellent down to the adjustable beds - I thought I would let other business travelers know that the Grand Hyatt put on an excellent business conference. From the food, to the conference room, to the service by the local technology team - everything went awesome. Great job Hyatt DC

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back of the hotel (Opposite the lobby entrance) There is a nightclub across the s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m delighted the conference you attended went very smoothly. I’ll be sure to share your kind words with the staff that assisted during the event. Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Washington. I hope we can welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S – A Guest Relations Associate
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed with my kids during the spring break. The location of the hotel is very convenient. The Metro station entrance is through the hotel. All the attractions are within 10-15 minutes walk. The rooms are updated and have everything you need. The personnel is very nice and helpful. Daniella at the front desk was always so pleasant to work with. Every night at 6:30 (I don't know if it was just during the spring break though), the hotel had a free movie and a free popcorn for kids. That was great! After a long day visiting museums, a movie night was an icing on a cake. Kids loved it. We also used the pool facilities. The pool is small (the picture on the hotel website makes you think otherwise) but enough for the kids. I only had one unpleasant experience with the Asian women who worked for that fitness club. She didn't let my kids to take a shower after the pool. She said that the "wet areas" are closed 30 minutes prior. But in their rules, the "wet areas" are specified as "Pool, steam room and sauna", not the shower. I was truly irritated by the fact that she just probably wanted to leave earlier. The other guys working there were very nice. Otherwise, we had a good experience and I would definitively recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sandton, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I attended a meeting recently at this hotel. Despite the fact that they were renovating, we still had a pleasureable stay with minimal noise. The sleep experience was amazing and the rooms had a docking station for one's iPhone which was super useful. The cafe/restaurant linked to the hotel was great but you also had the options of a Starbucks cafe if you were not that hungry. I would definitely stay here again. The conference was on a separate level 2 levels below the hotel but it helped not to have to catch a taxi or sleep in for a few extra minutes.

Room Tip: try and get a room overlooking the foyer, its not even noisy and the hotel always has an inetresting...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel that is close to many of the Washington DC attractions. Several block walk to the National Mall. If you want to take the Metro, all you need to do is walk down one floor for it is right in the hotel. For all you Starbucks fans, there is one located in the lobby. There is a nice restaurant and sports bar as well. Hotel offers a breakfast special for an additional charge. This buffet is well worth the extra few dollars. Rooms are newly decorated as the hotel just finished a major refurbishing. This hotel has a lot to offer for the tourist visiting Washington DC. Highly recommended. Valet parking is also available for an additional price.

• Stayed March 2013