It looks like 4 dots is the consensus. Mine is based on my excellent room and the friendly, efficient, helpful staff I encountered balanced against the dated, uncomfortable and oppressive public spaces.
First, the room. It was great, newly renovated, small but logically designed, perfectly clean, super quiet, wonderful bed. Really cheap, at least on a Friday night. Not perfect: a renovation is the time to add thoughtful touches like bathroom night lights and makeup mirrors but these were overlooked. Also, no free wi-fi, though I suspect that, as happened to us, all moderately courteous guests are offered free wi-fi at check-in to make them feel loved. Parking is very expensive, but nearby garages have similar rates so I guess that's just DC. Five dots for all that.
But ugh, that grandiose Reagan-era brass and glass atrium. I guess no renovation could remove it, but I'm sure a talented designer could make it feel less cold. I would start with a space where guests could gather or relax without being in a cafe or restaurant. Some chairs and sofas arranged in a conversational group, how hard is that? Instead, the lobby offers two choices: you can go into a restaurant (Starbucks, breakfast buffet or fancy dining),or stand around wondering when management will get the news about fake topiary.But probably this is on purpose; guests sitting comfortably in the lobby aren't up in their rooms raiding the mini-bar and renting movies. Three dots, and I feel I'm being generous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt