This hotel was great. Location was perfect for walking to every museum and monument. Plenty of food close by and shopping. Bed was excellent. My only complaint was about spending $400 extra to be on the Regency floor. One of the perks of this floor is that there is food and drinks out most of the day. I was so dissapointed in their daily breakfast that never changed. Bagels, Locks,tomatoes, boiled eggs and the reg. continental bread/cereal breakfast. We, being from the south, did not get the idea of Locks being the staple for breakfast. Snacks were never plentiful, nor were the supposed dessert time at night. Once there was cake., Most nights there was just melon or a small tart. Once when we arrived and when were were leaving, we actually got cookies in the afternoon. I thought that having at least breakfast and snacks for two adults/2 kids would out way the $400 extra I paid for this identical floor. It did not. 2 of us ate a $40 breakfast buffet on the last day, b/c we could not stomach cereal/bagels anymore. I first used the more expensive Reg. floor in Aruba in November and I guess that set the standard for me. There was different and good food (seafood, chicken, eggrolls, eggs benedict, cookies) out all day long and plenty of it. I did complain when we left and I was compensated for my breakfast buffet and a dinner that we had in the hotel ($102). Only other complaint was that there was the smell of cigar/smoke every day on my floor and when I complained they said they would call security, but the smell returned every day. Others complained also. I would definitely recommend this hotel for location and comfort, but just don't pay extra for the regency floor. Also we did not realize that some rooms balcony was to the enclosed courtyard (no view to outside) and some had windows to the world. Please specify your preference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt