Our family (2 adults, 2 kids ages 7 & 9 ) stayed her in the second half of June 2012 for about 6 nights. The location was great. The foggy bottom metro station was very close by and across the street is a Wholefoods (about 1-2 blocks away from the hotel). We ate here everyday for breakfast, it was good to know that we are still eating healthy while we were travelling. There is a 7-11 about 0.5 blocks away. My kids love the lemonade at the front desk! The staff were friendly and helpful. The air conditioning was excellent considering we were here when the city first hit 100 degrees. We also walked back from Georgetown one night. If you are up to it, you can actually walk to the Mall. Lincoln memorial was a nice evening stroll.
Our kid's favourite museums were American History, Natural History, Newseum, Postal museum, federal reserve (where they made the money), zoo and the capital building, Lincoln memorial. We wished we had more time. Best lunch places were at the union station, a Lebanese restaurant near the zoo and the Newseum.
The only downside to our trip was the heat. But we were lucky, we were here before the black out that occurred the following weeks after we left.
Overall, the Washington DC trip was a great experience. It is so wonderful to see all the USA treasures found in one city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decidedly Distinctive and Charming... The University Inn Washington DC., evokes thoughts of a visit to a country inn in New England. Drive into the Inn and it is like coming home, the environment is warm, welcoming and cozy. This intimate Inn is located in one of DC's most desirable neighborhoods, Foggy Bottom, surrounded by 19th century homes on tree lined streets and serves as a reminder of when time stood still. Enjoy classic tradition blended with individualized comfort and welcoming features including: Spacious rooms and suites- appointed with every comfort imaginable for short leisure visits or extended business stays Convenient location close to exciting Washington, DC attractions and area events. 1,500 Square feet of elegant meeting and event space- ideal for intimate gatherings of up to 50. Special rates for government travel Convenient access to The George Washington University campus events and facilities. We will see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your University Inn Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Washington University Hotel Washington Dc
- George Washington University Dc