“Perfect base camp to enjoy Washington DC”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #2 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect base camp to enjoy Washington DC”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed here for two nights for work. Location was great, walkable to everything in Georgetown so managed to fit in a bit of shopping and also try out a few restaurants outside of the hotel.

Pluses: gorgeous room, spacious, everything you could need.

Service outstanding. I had a wardrobe emergency on way to White House Correspondents dinner, so Concierge sent up someone amazing (sorry I forgot her name) to sew me into my jacket (hook missing). A needle and thead and two quick stitches saved the night!

Minuses: the driveway arrivals area is really cramped so plan ahead if you will need your car brought up or meeting a driver who will need to circle the neighborhood until you call.

Sunday breakfast - the only option was a huge/pricey Sunday Brunch in hotel restaurant or blah room service so skipped it and went next door. All I wanted was toast and cofee.

Room Tip: get room over Rock Creek Park for more light/green space vs. side street or courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The reception was slow and not very efficient. An information of the starting time of an event was wrong. The Windows in room did not open which felt like being inside an office. Breakfast;the service was good but the menu did not a have simple egg option. A request for a late checkout for only one extra hour was (politely) denied but denied nonetheless. I felt like in a cookie cutter 5 star without the flesh and bones of a real 5 star (ie) a desire to make the client feel welcome and a feeling that the staff is well trained and courteous. Leaving the luggage for storage and picking it back was long each way. Generally the staff in reception came across as lacking warmth and not at the level of a 5 star hotel.
I hope this review is helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here for a night, having long looked forward to trying out this place. This week I had a choice between a club room at the Ritz Carlton and a regular room here for roughly the same price, but based on the recent negative reviews on Trip Advisor decided against the Ritz for this stay and took my chances. Luckily, I was upgraded to a suite so that balanced things out. This property is really good -- the room was perfect, the gym and spa facilities are excellent, breakfast at Seasons was excellent (besides the good food, 3 people came up to inquire if I liked what I had). They have tons of TV channels on their system including a lot of Middle East channels (they have lots of Arabs staying there from the various embassies). The internet connection in the business center was poor but the concierge was helpful with internet and a local restaurant reservation. They sent me also to an excellent new local fish restaurant (Fiola Mare). The Hay Adams has no real gym to speak of, and the Park Hyatt doesn't really have a spa and I found the staff at the Park Hyatt to be not terribly knowledgeable -- this property is superior in these 3 areas. It is not close to a metro stop which is a problem except that people staying in this hotel probably tend to take taxis anyway and I was able to get to the DC Convention Center in under 15 minutes in a taxi for roughly $10-12 which is about as far across town as anyone would likely go within the central area. Hotel had a nice children's menu. If you can get past having the same green carpet in every hotel room all over the world when you stay at a Four Seasons property (fortunately i like the design), it is a reliable hotel -- I have yet to have a bad stay at a Four Seasons hotel. They just run a good show and clearly they are getting top ratings here and they appear to deserve them.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Gail B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Ivanciment,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Four Seasons Washington and took the time to give us your feedback on your experience. It is always gratifying to hear that we exceeded expectations and I will be sure to share your great comments with our team. I also wanted to offer my sincere apologies for the poor internet service in the Business Center. We had some issues which our internet provider has since addressed and resolved.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Washington soon.

All the best,
Reviewed May 14, 2014

As expected, this hotel offers exceptional service across the board. My husband was attending a conference in the hotel and myself and our daughter joined him for the two night stay. The check in was exceptional; the staff interacted with our daughter and wheeled out a cart of small toys for her to choose a couple.

It was the small details that really stood out - the crib was set up in our room, with beautiful bedding, spare diapers and wipes. The bath had a non slip kids mat, and baby shampoo, lotion etc. The hotel also provided a fridge for our daughters milk.

Unfortunately, our visit coincided with a snow storm, so we were trapped indoors for the most part. I found the hotel lacked atmosphere, there was not much happening in the common areas. However, I'm sure in better weather it is a busy place. I'd love to visit again in the Summer!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Ak_Dublin,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations with a seamless checkin and amenities for your daughter. I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff. We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to give us their feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best to you and your family for the Holiday Weekend,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Try the white chocolate champagne cake! I've not had one that good since my 16th birthday in 1976! The fitness center is a wonderful experience -- clean machines, very nice saline pool, just warm enough whirlpool, and the women's locker room has literally everything you need! The staff and food was beyond excellent.

Definately returning!

Room Tip: The window do open ever so slightly, so if you want to open them while you sleep, ask for a room fac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear VLD_60,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am happy that you enjoyed your recent stay and plan on returning! That is something we always look forward to hearing. We have noted your guest room location preference and will be happy to confirm that on your next visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.

With best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I know .. it is a four seasons so one should expect to pay a bit more. But there are very nice hotels in DC (eg Park Hyatt, see my review on it) that are less pricey and as good (though not in Georgetown).
All is very nice, staff, decorum, room (not that modern but beautiful). The gym is very good, as the pool and jacuzzi.
The strength of the hotel is its location right at the start of Georgetown (eg at the back of the hotel, walk along the river and discover GT this way) and close to the business area (Washington Circle, Penn avenue ...). So good for both leisure and business.
The BIG drawback for me is breakfast: a la carte only (no buffet) and expensive. Does not get closer to the Park Hyatt one (buffet, reasonably priced and top quality products). Restaurant for the evening has great atmosphere and food (inc meat) but pricey.

All in, you will not be disappointed especially if you want to spend time in Georgetown, and if you do not mind paying a bit of a premium.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
dallas, texas
Reviewed May 2, 2014

From the moment I walked in, I knew it would be a fantastic stay. From the bell men to the front desk staff, everyone made me feel like a cherished guest and that they were so glad I was there. (It was a much different experience at the hotel where the conference I was attending was held -- everyone who worked there seemed like guests were annoying).

Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy the hotel or my room as much as I would have liked, but I tried to make the most of the time I had. The room was lovely and the extra amenities provided via the Gal on the Go program were great -- loved the magazines, makeup remover cloths, a yummy treat, and the flat iron (all hotels should offer female travelers a flat iron!). I was really glad that I had a look at the hotel's website to learn about the new program.

At the well-equipped and spacious gym (at least by hotel standards), I was offered my choice of water (the usual bottled or a choice of speciality infused spa-waters in a eco-friendly cup) and enjoyed the fruit and coffee provided as a quick breakfast after my workout.

On my final day, I was able to enjoy Seasons for breakfast with my cousin and we had a wonderful meal -- food was delicious, service was attentive but unobtrusive, and they encouraged us to linger a little longer than we probably should have. As I was leaving the hotel that afternoon after picking up my bags, our waiter even said goodbye to me and hoped that I had a pleasant stay. All in all, another fabulous Four Seasons stay and this property was my favorite so far.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear jooles_p,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and particularly the Spa and our new Gal on the Go amenities. We really appreciate hearing from our guests who take the time to give us their feedback and suggestions for our new programs like Girl on the Go. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.