“Very good hotel but too pricey”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #2 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
London, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel but too pricey”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I know .. it is a four seasons so one should expect to pay a bit more. But there are very nice hotels in DC (eg Park Hyatt, see my review on it) that are less pricey and as good (though not in Georgetown).
All is very nice, staff, decorum, room (not that modern but beautiful). The gym is very good, as the pool and jacuzzi.
The strength of the hotel is its location right at the start of Georgetown (eg at the back of the hotel, walk along the river and discover GT this way) and close to the business area (Washington Circle, Penn avenue ...). So good for both leisure and business.
The BIG drawback for me is breakfast: a la carte only (no buffet) and expensive. Does not get closer to the Park Hyatt one (buffet, reasonably priced and top quality products). Restaurant for the evening has great atmosphere and food (inc meat) but pricey.

All in, you will not be disappointed especially if you want to spend time in Georgetown, and if you do not mind paying a bit of a premium.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
dallas, texas
Reviewed May 2, 2014

From the moment I walked in, I knew it would be a fantastic stay. From the bell men to the front desk staff, everyone made me feel like a cherished guest and that they were so glad I was there. (It was a much different experience at the hotel where the conference I was attending was held -- everyone who worked there seemed like guests were annoying).

Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy the hotel or my room as much as I would have liked, but I tried to make the most of the time I had. The room was lovely and the extra amenities provided via the Gal on the Go program were great -- loved the magazines, makeup remover cloths, a yummy treat, and the flat iron (all hotels should offer female travelers a flat iron!). I was really glad that I had a look at the hotel's website to learn about the new program.

At the well-equipped and spacious gym (at least by hotel standards), I was offered my choice of water (the usual bottled or a choice of speciality infused spa-waters in a eco-friendly cup) and enjoyed the fruit and coffee provided as a quick breakfast after my workout.

On my final day, I was able to enjoy Seasons for breakfast with my cousin and we had a wonderful meal -- food was delicious, service was attentive but unobtrusive, and they encouraged us to linger a little longer than we probably should have. As I was leaving the hotel that afternoon after picking up my bags, our waiter even said goodbye to me and hoped that I had a pleasant stay. All in all, another fabulous Four Seasons stay and this property was my favorite so far.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear jooles_p,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and particularly the Spa and our new Gal on the Go amenities. We really appreciate hearing from our guests who take the time to give us their feedback and suggestions for our new programs like Girl on the Go. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

ctyankee20
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We great rooms-absolutely beautiful. Great gym pool and nice casual restaurant (Seasons). The formal restaurant is a little "night clubby" and loud to be family friendly but that was a small outlier in otherwise great weekend. We travelled with our children and the Hotel is very good at personal touches particularly those aimed at children.The location is a little low down in Georgetown but is still a manageable walk to the sites.

Room Tip: We had rooms 280 and 287 which we beautiful but near the garbage pick up which made for a lot of noi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear ctyankee20,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I really appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback and am delighted that you and your family not only enjoyed your stay but that we exceeded your expectations overall. I have noted your comments about your room location for future stays and again, appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Four Seasons Washington soon.

With best wishes,
Sana'a
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very comfortable and elegant. Staff are very helpful and would go the extra mile to help. Was offered a stroller for my baby and umberallas were offered during the rainy days. Its not the value of the stroller or umberalla, but for being ready to acommodate the guest in all possible ways.

Dear WalidNajar,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. I am sorry that the weather did not cooperate but glad to hear that we could assist with a stroller and umbrella. Hopefully, we will have another chance to welcome you and your family back soon with sunnier skies. Thank you again for your feedback.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Enjoyed my stay. The staff is very helpful. Transportation to the rest of D.C. was not a problem. My stay was felt luxurious and safe. The staff even made sure we had our umbrellas on the day the forecast predicted rain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Patty S,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we surpassed your expectations overall. Unfortunately, it's still raining outside with more in the forecast so we will keep the umbrellas near. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon with hopefully, sunshine and blue skies.

All the best,
Toronto
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Located in Georgetown - just steps from the best shopping and dinning in DC. This property offers exceptional comfort and service; staff are eager to please and the rooms, restuarants and amenities are second to none. Cons - expensive and somewhat far from the main DC tourist attractions but the Georgetown atmosphere more than makes up for it. If you're looking for a guaranteed great stay, you can't go wrong with the Four Seasons.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear erkin Toronto,

Thank you for your recent 4 Star review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the service and amenities at the hotel and the Georgetown locale. Whether you are here on business or leisure, as you said, Georgetown has something for everyone from terrific shops and restaurants to art galleries. the C&O canal and Georgetown Harbor. We hope to welcome you back soon for another "guaranteed great stay" and thank you again for your feedback.

With best wishes,
nj
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The hotel is good, however spa/ gym were changing carpet during our stay & closed the access to gym in the evenings.
Also breakfast was disappointing French bakery across the street has best selection & quality. Oatmeal is made with Water not milk, it was terrible.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank namaral
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear namarai,

Thank you for your recent 4 Star review. I appreciate your taking the time to share your impressions of your stay at the Four Seasons Washington. It was unfortunate that the carpeting was being changed during your stay and that the gym facilities were not available in the evening. We take your comments about the quality of the food seriously and are currently reviewing our breakfast oatmeal prep with our Executive Chef.

I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon and make amends. Please feel free to contact me by email at dirk.burghartz@fourseasons.com.