“Wonderful experience at this top-notch hotel.”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #2 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Dunwoody, Georgia, United States
“Wonderful experience at this top-notch hotel.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The restaurant was delicious. The bed was amazing! True comfort and luxury. Our meeting needs were met to every detail with utmost professionalism. Highly recommend for a business event or conference.

Room Tip: Check in on FourSquare for freebies at the restaurant bar
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Jennifer S.,

A sincere thank you for your kind review of our hotel and for taking the time to share it with us. From the dinning to the beds, I am happy to know that we were able to provide you with both comfort and luxury, which is truly what a Four Seasons experience entails. It would be a pleasure to host your business events again in the future and of course to welcome you back.
Warm Regards

Dirk Burghartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in premier suite. Nice room, great food. Only complaint was that was a bit noisy in the hallways in morning with doors slamming. Location is really the draw to this hotel. Spa was unique and staff very friendly.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Wazyfam

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your room, the food and our Georgetown location. It is wonderful that you found our spa to be unique and most importantly our staff to be friendly. I apologize that the noise level in the morning was bothersome. Your comfort is our priority and I would be happy to arrange an alternate room location to minimize any disturbances next time. Thank you for sharing this feedback and I would be delighted to welcome you back to Four Seasons Washington on your next visit to DC.

Best Wishes,
Tennessee
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Clean, professional service and practically perfect . . . Staff got us taken care of with early check in. Rooms were nice and beds slept great. Business center is in the middle of a large open lobby. Great restaurants and interesting local shops. Nothing negative, but maybe a little sterile for my tastes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear PCee_12,

I am happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. From the property to our service, we
strive to provide perfection and it’s wonderful that we were able to accomplish this during your recent visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope that business brings you back to DC soon.

Warm regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2013

beautiful guestrooms, great bar and spa. Excellent staff.I would never stay anyplace else in DC. This is the 2nd time i have stayed here and it has always been a flawless experience. The staff goes above and beyond to make your trip memorable. A+

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Laurabaldini,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Four Seasons Washington. I am pleased to know your stay with us was flawless and most importantly that our staff exceeded your expectations. I truly appreciate your kind review of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,

TO
Reviewed June 5, 2013

stayed there for 2 days, Staff was wonderful, everyone eager to help and please, Spa is beautiful, Great location as close by to everything,I had to wait a bit as I was a little early but staff went out of their way to keep me informed as they were busy due to memorial day crowd, they were very apologetic even though it was not their fault, location is amazing, plenty to do around the area as location is right in the middle of georgetown

Dear Jaitlyv,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for taking the time to share it. It is wonderful that you enjoyed our Georgetown location, our spa and that our staff kept you informed while they prioritized your room. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you upon your next trip to the nation’s capital.

Best Wishes,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was in Washington for a two day conference in May which I extended to five days. I decided to bring my spouse and make it a mini-holiday. The hotel is located in historic Georgetown with plenty of restaurants, local shops, salons, and upscale shopping. If you are a Starbuck's fan, there is one within a five minute walk from the hotel. There is also a specialty coffee and cupcake house named Baked and Wired nearby. We went there twice - the cupcakes and cappuccino are high quality. There is even a Dean & DeLuca if you want to stock up on some wine or food to go.

We had rented a vehicle and upon our arrival at the hotel we were greeted with warm smiles and a willingness to assist us with our items in the vehicle. One fellow in particular was DJ and he was fantastic. Made sure we had everything and he even asked us if we wanted bottled water for our drive out - nice touch. The front desk (Noelle) was equally attentive and to our pleasant surprise we were upgraded. I asked Noelle for directions to Jaleo Restaurant and she informed me that the restaurant was near the Verizon Centre in downtown Washington. She told me that parking was a challenge and offered a few inexpensive parking lots to park - she was very helpful.

The room was typical Four Seasons quality with L'Occitane toiletries. Marble countertops, limestone shower stalls, comfortable robes, flat screen TV with HD channels, and extremely comfortable beds.

For those into outlet shopping like my wife, you can find some great deals at Leesburg Premium Outlet Mall ranging from Burberry, Salvatore Ferragamo, Saks, and Cole Haan. A bit far for a cab so a car rental is recommended. Tyson's Galleria is another Mall but high end with no discounts. Here you will find Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Hugo Boss, Emporio Armani, and many more. Once again, a car rental is recommended.

In my view, the best way to see the sites is to purchase passes for Big Bus Tours. This is your conventional double decker open bus that has four routes you can choose from. The red route is the main one which stops at the White House, Capitol Hill, the Smithsonian, and the Lincoln Memorial.

Restaurants? They have plenty to choose from. If you are into Jose Andres - celebrity chef, you have to try Jaleo Restaurant. Spanish tapas is the theme with an excellent wine list. On the recommendation from other travellers on Tripadvisor, we decided on Tosca Ristorante. Fine dining Italian is the theme here. Waiters are in white jackets, very attentive to your needs, and are quite knowledgeable on the wine list for pairing. We had the pre-theatre menu which enables you to pick one starter, one main, and one dessert for $38. Fairly inexpensive way to dine in our view.

We have frequented other Four Seasons properties along with Ritz Carlton ranging from New York City to Miami and I must admit the reason why I only ranked this property very good was due to three tiems:

1. Hallways on our floor seemed tired and in desperate need of paint touch-ups and possibly a
renovation
2. Parking is $52 per day. I appreciate one must pay to have their car parked but this seemed
excessive
3. Not to single out the Four Seasons as this is common at most hotels, but $10 per
day for Wi-Fi

All in all, the Four Seasons is a very good place to stay when visiting Washing DC. You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Room 402 is quite far from the elevator and very quiet. It offers a view of the interior courtyard...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Welltraveled1971,

Thank you for your kind feedback and for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel as well as in the city. I am very pleased that DJ and Noelle were very attentive to your needs and provided you with helpful recommendations. It is great that you were upgraded and you enjoyed all the Four Season’s amenities in our rooms. We are currently looking at ways to provide complementary internet usage. I appreciate your thoughtful recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back for another visit should your travels bring you back to Washington, D.C. again.
Warmest Regards,

Loudonville
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The suites in this hotel are amazing! Fabulous location--excellent staff--attention to detail.
We have stayed in many 5-star hotels throughout the entire world both for business and pleasure, and this hotel tops the list. The concierge booked cars for us, the location was near everything, and even the housekeeping staff was so caring that I felt like I was at home. If you are here, you will feel like you are far from crowds, and cared for completely in a very large city! Our suite was so beautiful--a truly relaxing and memorable stay! Thank you to everyone at the Four Seasons!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lesley H.,

It brings me great pleasure to know that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I am happy to know that you felt just at home and our staff took care of your every need. Thank you for taking your time to share with us your wonderful experience and kind words. It will be my honor to welcome you back to Four Seasons Washington on your future travels to the nation’s capital and to continue to serve as your home away from home. I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.

All the best,