“5 star staff, and luxurious accommodations which make this the most wonderful hotel we have ever stayed in. Fabulous!!!”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The suites in this hotel are amazing! Fabulous location--excellent staff--attention to detail.
We have stayed in many 5-star hotels throughout the entire world both for business and pleasure, and this hotel tops the list. The concierge booked cars for us, the location was near everything, and even the housekeeping staff was so caring that I felt like I was at home. If you are here, you will feel like you are far from crowds, and cared for completely in a very large city! Our suite was so beautiful--a truly relaxing and memorable stay! Thank you to everyone at the Four Seasons!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Lesley H.,

It brings me great pleasure to know that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I am happy to know that you felt just at home and our staff took care of your every need. Thank you for taking your time to share with us your wonderful experience and kind words. It will be my honor to welcome you back to Four Seasons Washington on your future travels to the nation’s capital and to continue to serve as your home away from home. I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.

All the best,

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Clean hotel, fairly close to sights in DC. Staff was friendly, stay was ok. Nothing wrong with the hotel, but the price is not justified. Given the large numbers of options in Washington, I would choose to stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank justlogical

Dear Justlogical,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us after your recent stay, we truly value it. I am glad to know you found our hotel to be clean as well as conveniently located to the sites. Additionally, I am happy to know that our staff provided you with friendly service. It is unfortunate you felt your room rate was not justified. We strive to provide a true Four Seasons experience by providing a luxury product, amenities and exceptional service, making us the only five star, five diamond hotel in the city. Should your travels bring you back to Washington, D.C. I can only hope that you chose to give Four Seasons another chance and will contact me directly to assist you with your booking. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was lovely, staff generally very nice, location convenient for both sightseeing and local shops and boutiques... BUT it was also uninspiring, no real character and just generally lackluster!
The restaurant was dated and badly in need of a refurb. I don't think I will be staying there again any time soon! Oh well!!!

Room Tip: The views from the rooms are hit and miss too and if you are unlucky you may end up overlooking a bu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Lena A.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, I truly appreciate it. I am glad that you enjoyed our wonderful location and staff. It is unfortunate that you found our hotel to lack charm and that our restaurant needed to be updated. We strive to provide a sense of place with our offerings as well as match the Georgetown landscape while maintaining a luxury atmosphere. We value your feedback and will keep it in mind as we budget for the future. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to D.C. I look forward to hopefully having the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Washington in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a perfect time. Service, location, room...it was all good.
The staff is incredibly efficient and professional. Room service was speedy and accommodating.
The location is just wonderful to walk around Georgetown and the beds are super comfortable.
The only complaint...if any, is that the rooms felt like they could be refreshed a bit.
I definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jennie E.,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Washington for your stay in D.C. and sharing the great experience you had. I am glad that our staff was incredibly efficient, that you enjoyed our beds and staying in Georgetown. I appreciate your feedback and value your suggestions about the room; we will absolutely keep it in mind. Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Our stay started in a Premier Suite which was anything but. It was small, cramped and need a good updating. We elected to upgrade to a Capitol Suite and were much happier. This suite is lovely and well appointed.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Mary R.,

I appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share it with us. I am glad the Capitol Suite was to your liking and we were able to arrange a room move. I do apologize for your discontent with the Premier Suite and value your suggestions. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Four Seasons Washington upon your next visit and meeting you!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great Location, friendly staff but poor value !!, stayed in a suite for 4 nights & paid over a $1000 per night, still you need to pay $12/day for Internet (at this time & age!! to be fair they have removed the charges after complaining), though the price not included breakfast (costing average $35 / person).
The hotel lacks the variety of restaurants ( only one in the hotel with limited choices)
Advice from the concierge ( specially from a gentleman called Jeff ) was invaluable.

Room Tip: Try to book higher floors to avoid noises (during the week end) & to avoid noises coming from a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank haithamalani

Dear Haithamalari,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our wonderful staff and specifically that Jeff was able to provide you with invaluable recommendations. It is good that we were able to resolve your internet concerns. We are looking at ways to provide complimentary internet access. I am also disappointed that you found that Bourbon Steak and Seasons restaurants to lack variety. I have shared your comments with our Hotel Executive Chef and I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a true Four Seasons experience.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is really in a class above the competition, especially any hotel that could ever accept a government rate. Most outstanding is the service (see below), but the physical plant is beautiful,and everything worked well. They have a beautiful lobby, nice spacious guest room, excellent bed, well equipped bathroom (although the bath/shower was rather cramped). The restaurant provided a nice selection of food and great wines by the glass at 11pm (although the bar scene was active and very noisy). They officially charge for internet ($10 or $15 daily, depending on whether you want have more than one devise), but after a brief discussion with the front desk, they were willing to waive the fee. Most importantly, the internet worked perfectly, both in my room and in the meeting room. In spite of the potential internet charge, they still provide free shoe shines, coffee and a tasty muffin in the lobby in the morning, and a choice of morning newspaper. What was most outstanding about their service was the way they addressed any problems or complaints that came up. In addition to offering free internet access when I said I thought they should, when I commented that the excellent free coffee in the lobby was taken away too early, I was referred to the Seasons restaurant, which provides free coffee all morning. There was some minor technical problems with teleconferencing in the meeting room, and several hotel employees appeared immediately and stayed to ensure that everything was optimal. I really hope the government sponsor of our meeting is able to book this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wilson17

Dear Wilson17,

Thank you for your time in providing us with such delightful feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel as well as the many amenities we offer. I am happy that you were able to experience Bourbon Steak and enjoyed the wines by the glass. In particular, I’m most pleased that you experienced outstanding service during your stay with us. I apologize for any technical errors that occurred during your meeting but I am pleased that our staff was able to resolve it so efficiently. I too hope that your government sponsor will be able to host more meetings with us and look forward to welcoming you back should you be visiting Washington, D.C. in the near future.

Best wishes,