“Fabulous stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Washington D.C.

Four Seasons Washington D.C.
Ranked #2 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Toronto, Ontario
“Fabulous stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed her for two nights for a getaway weekend. The staff is exceptionally friendly and attentive and really understands customer service. We had a room on the fourth floor facing the courtyard - the view was lovely and the bed and the room very comfortable. The bathroom, complete with walk-in shower, full tub and separate toilet was very luxurious. Grabbing a cab was quick and it was never a problem. The location was great - out the door to tour Georgetown - or walk down the street (a lengthy but enjoyable walk) to museums and the White House. Would we return? In a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sugabtoronto
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Sugabtoronto,

I am pleased that you and your husband chose Four Seasons Washington for your weekend getaway and that we were able to make it a wonderful visit. Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with me. It is great that you enjoyed the various aspects of your room from the bed to bathroom amenities. I’m also glad you were able to take advantage of our Georgetown location and explore the city. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back and to meet you in person. Please let me know when you plan your next DC getaway.

Warmly,
Dirk Burghartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed only for 1 night, so cannot give a comment on all services. I would like to highlight the friendliness and competence of the staff at the reception and the staff at the door.In addition my room had a wonderful bathroom and the bedding gave me a great night rest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ate at Seasons for Sunday Brunch. The hotel - which I have attended events at for 20 years -- looks really sharp. We ordered off of the menus, but the buffet is the best I've ever seen. Amazing spread. Oysters, shrimp, etc. in addition to the normal breakfast favorites.

Eggs and sausages off the menu were great.

The restaurant gets crowded by 11am or so. Quiet at 10am on a Sunday. First class.

I will comment that the hotel should carry soy milk. 1/4 of America is lactose intolerant. They did have rice and almond milk, which was close.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated in the heart Of Georgetown and yet a short cab ride away from all the memorials and museums. The concierge, Julie, was fabulous. She set up a private tour for us with a master guide and a driver for 4 hours. It was money well spent. The rooms were understated elegance. We had a connecting suite with our kids and our only disappointment was that the suite room was far superior to the connecting room. Our kids got the suite so they wouldn't have to sleep in the same room (the suite had a separate room connected to it with a pull out couch) and we got the smaller room with a small bathroom.
The service was outstanding. We never had to wait for a cab and on the rare evening that we did, the hotel had one of their drivers take us to dinner.
There are too many other perks to mention, but trust me, if you're a discerning traveler you'll love this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor away from the elevator and it was as quiet as can be.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BoutiqueHotetraveler
Thousand Oaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were booked for the weekend of April 6-8th 2013. Apparently this was during the Cherry Blossom Festival and it was spring break...DC was PACKED.

When we arrived late afternoon and our room was NOT ready. My husband was looking at me like "Why didn't we stay at the Ritz Carlton?" For the last 10 years we've been Ritz fans. Never stayed at the Four Season's prior to this visit.

We were tired from a long day of travel and just wanted to rest, perhaps the lovely gal at the front desk could see and feel our pain because she comped the cocktails and scrumptious snacks in the lounge while we waited and once we finally got into our room was upgraded. We were in room 474 and the view is of the courtyard. The bed was VERY comfortable and the bathroom was spacious with all the amenities you come to expect from a high end hotel.

We stayed in our room the first night and had room service. The service was quick, food very tasty and worth the $$$$. What came next was completely unexpected and really made a lasting impression. It happened to be our twentieth wedding anniversary and I must have mentioned it to someone prior to our arrival, I don't remember but the hotel sent us a small "wedding cake" and bottle of champagne. WOW- that was a surprise. Overall the service was outstanding from beginning to end. Room service is pricey but worth every delicious bite.

Thank you Four Season's for making our stay so special for us!

Room Tip: I would choose the Courtyard view as the street side could be noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank allaboutthefun
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear allaboutthefun,

Thank you for choosing to spend your 20th wedding anniversary with us and for taking the time to share with us your feedback after your stay. I am sorry your room was not ready upon arrival, but proud that our staff made sure you were taken care of and relaxed with drinks and snacks at the Bourbon Steak lounge. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the small “wedding cake” amenity and that you felt that our service and product was money well spent. I have shared your comments with our entire staff so that they all know what a lovely experience you had. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC in the near future.

Hoboken, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family and I stayed here over the weekend. The service was amazing. Everyone we encountered, from the reservation agent over the phone, to Sharna (sp?) at the front desk to Alam & Dinam (again sorry if I've misspelled) at brunch, was delightful. Everyone addresses you by name and are incredibly friendly. They are very attentive and aim to please. The hotel itself is wonderful. Our suite was beautiful, well appointed and very comfortable. The indoor pool was a great break for the kids and with its large sky light doesn't feel like a cave (as do most indoor/subterranean pools). Didn't eat at Bourbon Steak but did have great drinks at the lounge and room service which was delicious. But the brunch...OMG the brunch....amazing. Have already informed the husband this is the only hotel I will ever stay at when in town. One of my 5 yr olds didn't want to leave. Don't bother staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: While I'm sure all rooms are great, the stair access to the spa from the outer building is a bit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank diana604
Dear diana604,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with you kind comments. I am proud that our staff was able to make your stay from booking to check-out memorable. I am also glad that you found brunch to be amazing. It is wonderful to hear that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC on your future trips to our nation’s capital.

Kindly,

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on and off over the past 12 or so years. What once was the best hotel I knew, is now just average. This hotel used to anticipate every need, from having room service breakfast ready in your room after a red-eye flight to the type of room you liked. The last few times I have stayed here I was treated as if I was lucky they found me a room and like I had never been there before. When I wanted to stay an extra night during this last visit they wanted to increase the room rate by 50%. Instead I switched to the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, a place I've stayed only 2 or 3 times, but was welcomed as if I was there monthly. The cost? Half of what the Four Seasons wanted to charge me.

My final complaint was that amenities were missing from the room; what hotel (at any price point) doesn't offer a shower cap in the room?

There are so many excellent hotels in Washington DC, many within several blocks of this Four Seasons, that this would not be the place I recommend to my friends and business associates.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AsISeeIt37
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mawifo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with me. I’m glad that you found our service to be world class and some of the best you have ever experienced during your travels. I’m also happy to know that you found our beds to incredibly comfortable. However, I am sorry that you did not find the design of the hotel aesthetically exciting. The hotel was opened in 1979 and designed to match the Georgetown architecture. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.