“Brilliant place”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #2 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed only for 1 night, so cannot give a comment on all services. I would like to highlight the friendliness and competence of the staff at the reception and the staff at the door.In addition my room had a wonderful bathroom and the bedding gave me a great night rest.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ate at Seasons for Sunday Brunch. The hotel - which I have attended events at for 20 years -- looks really sharp. We ordered off of the menus, but the buffet is the best I've ever seen. Amazing spread. Oysters, shrimp, etc. in addition to the normal breakfast favorites.

Eggs and sausages off the menu were great.

The restaurant gets crowded by 11am or so. Quiet at 10am on a Sunday. First class.

I will comment that the hotel should carry soy milk. 1/4 of America is lactose intolerant. They did have rice and almond milk, which was close.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated in the heart Of Georgetown and yet a short cab ride away from all the memorials and museums. The concierge, Julie, was fabulous. She set up a private tour for us with a master guide and a driver for 4 hours. It was money well spent. The rooms were understated elegance. We had a connecting suite with our kids and our only disappointment was that the suite room was far superior to the connecting room. Our kids got the suite so they wouldn't have to sleep in the same room (the suite had a separate room connected to it with a pull out couch) and we got the smaller room with a small bathroom.
The service was outstanding. We never had to wait for a cab and on the rare evening that we did, the hotel had one of their drivers take us to dinner.
There are too many other perks to mention, but trust me, if you're a discerning traveler you'll love this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor away from the elevator and it was as quiet as can be.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BoutiqueHotetraveler
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were booked for the weekend of April 6-8th 2013. Apparently this was during the Cherry Blossom Festival and it was spring break...DC was PACKED.

When we arrived late afternoon and our room was NOT ready. My husband was looking at me like "Why didn't we stay at the Ritz Carlton?" For the last 10 years we've been Ritz fans. Never stayed at the Four Season's prior to this visit.

We were tired from a long day of travel and just wanted to rest, perhaps the lovely gal at the front desk could see and feel our pain because she comped the cocktails and scrumptious snacks in the lounge while we waited and once we finally got into our room was upgraded. We were in room 474 and the view is of the courtyard. The bed was VERY comfortable and the bathroom was spacious with all the amenities you come to expect from a high end hotel.

We stayed in our room the first night and had room service. The service was quick, food very tasty and worth the $$$$. What came next was completely unexpected and really made a lasting impression. It happened to be our twentieth wedding anniversary and I must have mentioned it to someone prior to our arrival, I don't remember but the hotel sent us a small "wedding cake" and bottle of champagne. WOW- that was a surprise. Overall the service was outstanding from beginning to end. Room service is pricey but worth every delicious bite.

Thank you Four Season's for making our stay so special for us!

Room Tip: I would choose the Courtyard view as the street side could be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allaboutthefun
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear allaboutthefun,

Thank you for choosing to spend your 20th wedding anniversary with us and for taking the time to share with us your feedback after your stay. I am sorry your room was not ready upon arrival, but proud that our staff made sure you were taken care of and relaxed with drinks and snacks at the Bourbon Steak lounge. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the small “wedding cake” amenity and that you felt that our service and product was money well spent. I have shared your comments with our entire staff so that they all know what a lovely experience you had. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family and I stayed here over the weekend. The service was amazing. Everyone we encountered, from the reservation agent over the phone, to Sharna (sp?) at the front desk to Alam & Dinam (again sorry if I've misspelled) at brunch, was delightful. Everyone addresses you by name and are incredibly friendly. They are very attentive and aim to please. The hotel itself is wonderful. Our suite was beautiful, well appointed and very comfortable. The indoor pool was a great break for the kids and with its large sky light doesn't feel like a cave (as do most indoor/subterranean pools). Didn't eat at Bourbon Steak but did have great drinks at the lounge and room service which was delicious. But the brunch...OMG the brunch....amazing. Have already informed the husband this is the only hotel I will ever stay at when in town. One of my 5 yr olds didn't want to leave. Don't bother staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: While I'm sure all rooms are great, the stair access to the spa from the outer building is a bit...
1  Thank diana604

Dear diana604,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with you kind comments. I am proud that our staff was able to make your stay from booking to check-out memorable. I am also glad that you found brunch to be amazing. It is wonderful to hear that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC on your future trips to our nation’s capital.

Kindly,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on and off over the past 12 or so years. What once was the best hotel I knew, is now just average. This hotel used to anticipate every need, from having room service breakfast ready in your room after a red-eye flight to the type of room you liked. The last few times I have stayed here I was treated as if I was lucky they found me a room and like I had never been there before. When I wanted to stay an extra night during this last visit they wanted to increase the room rate by 50%. Instead I switched to the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, a place I've stayed only 2 or 3 times, but was welcomed as if I was there monthly. The cost? Half of what the Four Seasons wanted to charge me.

My final complaint was that amenities were missing from the room; what hotel (at any price point) doesn't offer a shower cap in the room?

There are so many excellent hotels in Washington DC, many within several blocks of this Four Seasons, that this would not be the place I recommend to my friends and business associates.

1  Thank AsISeeIt37
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Mawifo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with me. I’m glad that you found our service to be world class and some of the best you have ever experienced during your travels. I’m also happy to know that you found our beds to incredibly comfortable. However, I am sorry that you did not find the design of the hotel aesthetically exciting. The hotel was opened in 1979 and designed to match the Georgetown architecture. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

They roll out the red carpets so why stay anywhere else! With our 7 year old and 1 year old in tote we couldn't of asked for a better place to spend our 5 day 4 night Washington DC trip. Check was good, we arrived early around 11:30 am and we have AMEX platnium which includes an early check in of around noon, if available, however our room wasn't ready until 2pm but no big deal we walked around quaint Georgetown and had lunch with the boys at a little french bistro. Our Georgetown sutie was spacious for our family of 4,1 bedroom 1 bathroom, huge walk in closet, a living room with a pull out sofa bed, a foyer with a closet, lots of windows to bring in the natural light and our room faced the street (no worries, rooms are pretty sound proof and we heard NO noise)-they had the crib set up and a mini fridge upon request. The room was spotless and had little extra touches such as extra diapers, wipes, baby lotions & bath wash they even put a baby non slip mat in the tub. Also for our 7 year old they had kids shampoo and bubble bath soaps and had an adorable & super plush bathrobe for him which he loved so much we offered to purchase and take home, but they gave it to him as a souviner instead. Room Service was perfection and the hotel staff go out of their way to make you feel like you are truly being waited on hand and foot.They brought up milk for the baby anytime we needed. The concierge desk were so helpful and caring, the doormen were curtious and exceptionally attentive. This will be an unforgettable trip indeed especially as on our last night stay on our way up to our room from dinner, we go up the elevator to our floor and who is there to greet us but Brad Pitt himself!! He was actually staying on our floor--so cool! We asked for a photo and he said "of course" :D talk about the cherry on top! We loved this hotel from the moment we arrived to the moment we left and as you can see if it's good enough for Brad...lol Seriously Four Seasons, Thank you for the amazing stay, we will definetly stay here again as we hope to make DC a yearly family trip :)

2  Thank Shopaholic2009

Dear Shopaholic2009,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after you and your family stayed at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC. I am glad that your trip was unforgettable from your interactions with staff to the hotel making sure that you and your husband as well as your children were taken care of. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warmest Regards,