“Good, not excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Italy
“Good, not excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Yes, you do get what you pay for - luxury. Yet it's not all that special, in my opinion; I simply did not find the aesthetics that exciting. That, of course, is a matter of personal opinion - and I can definitely see why others would really like it. The service, however, is world class. Hands down some of the best and kindest service I've ever experienced at a hotel. That alone should be reason enough to book a room at this hotel. Oh and the beds - oh the beds are comfy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mawifo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with me. I’m glad that you found our service to be world class and some of the best you have ever experienced during your travels. I’m also happy to know that you found our beds to incredibly comfortable. However, I am sorry that you did not find the design of the hotel aesthetically exciting. The hotel was opened in 1979 and designed to match the Georgetown architecture. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dirk Burghartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Booked the hotel due to Four Season's reputation and this location to Georgetown University where my daughter is attending next year. Its proximity to the shops and restaurants is ideal for anyone wanting to have a taste of Georgetown. The hotel - from reception, business services, cleanliness, staff, room, and spa is what anyone would expect of and from Four Seasons - excellent!

I traveled with three daughters actively entering/departing the hotel several times a day. The on-site restaurant's service and food was excellent and of course, room service was a hit.

Be sure to book early for spa services!

Dear amor4me,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us as Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC and for providing me with your feedback. I’m glad that you found our location in Georgetown to be ideal. It makes me happy to know that in addition to the location you found our reception, business services, cleanliness, staff, rooms, room service and spa to be excellent. Congratulations to your daughter on her acceptance to Georgetown University, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on all of your future visits.

Kind Regards,

Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I attempted to combine a business trip to Washington DC with a family trip -- taking my young son to see the monuments and museums, and my older son for college tours. It had bad idea written all over it. But I heard Four Seasons resorts offer all kinds of childcare programs. The Four Seasons Georgetown doesn't specifically have those resort programs, but they roll out the red carpet for kids. Upon arrival they get to choose a toy from a big red wagon; kids are welcomed and issued crayons etc. in the dining areas and in the pool/spa; and there's a totally reputable babysitting service. The local woman assigned to us was fantastic and generous. The whole scene is counter-intuitive -- lobbyists in fully knotted neckties, journalists, and Congressional aides meet for breakfast, lunch, dinner or bourbon; but if need be, you can also have your kids around. The friendly and outgoing staff greeted my son by name as we came and went, engaging him in conversation and complimenting his light-up shoes. "Everybody likes my shoes," he said, as a bellman opened the door to the hotel courtesy car.

2 Thank Anthony F
Dear Anthony F.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback after your recent business and family trip to DC. It makes me happy to know that you were able to plan a successful trip thank to our staff, the childcare programs and our children’s amenities. I’m glad your son felt special and that our employees complimented his light-up shoes. I hope your older son enjoyed his college tours. I look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC for both business and family time in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

State College, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is an extremely well-run hotel that primarily caters to business travelers (lots of late-model luxury sedans with diplomat plates out front each morning), but they really go out of their was to accommodate children and make them feel special. They left desserts in our room for the kids the first night, as well as guide books to DC tailored to their specific ages. The pool has pool toys, and kids receive both welcome gifts upon check in, as well as scavenger hunt cards that they need to fill in in order to receive yet another gift. And the staff seemed genuinely happy to see kids in the restaurant, the pool area, the valet station- really all over the hotel. So I would highly recommend this property to families with children.

1 Thank PSU_travel_mom
Dear PSU_travel_mom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on our children’s programs. I am happy to know that your children enjoyed all of our amenities including the check in gift, the scavenger hunt, the toys by the pool, and the in-room desserts and guide books. Our staff works hard to make sure every guest has a great experience including our small children. I am glad to know that we were able to make your stay memorable. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC.

Kindly,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my GF first week of March. Was upgraded to a suite. Oh my.. The luxury.. The hotel staff most likely wrote the book on service. Ghizlane sales manager is a sweetheart and a very courteous professional manager.
The experience was simply out of this world from the time we arrive, courteous doormen who take your car and carry your bags no matter how much (we had just arrived from a shopping spree) to the zippy check in. The suite...how sweet it was. Beautifully laid out, sparkling clean..bed so sumptuous. The amenities are first class, ( l'Occitane).. What more can I say.. A dream vacation.
The hotel location is prime in Georgetown where everything happens and the choice of restaurants and bars abound. But the best restaurant is in the hotel : Bourbon Steackhouse. Maybe the best steak ever: moderate prices and great service.
There are many choices to stay in DC but for a five tar hotel, this is the best..maybe the only choice!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Adam2x,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with me. Nothing makes me happier than to hear that our staff is providing exceptional service and anticipating our guests needs. Ghizlane makes sure to get each guest right, and I’m glad she was able continue that tradition with you. It is great to know that you found our suite to be beautifully laid out, sparkling clean and the bed to be incredibly comfortable. It pleases me to know that while you greatly enjoyed the location of the hotel in relation to the restaurants and bars in the Georgetown area, you found our house restaurant Bourbon Steak to be the best around. I am happy that this was you and your girlfriend’s dream vacation and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to the Nation’s Capital.

Warmly,

State College, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just returned from five days at the Four Seasons Washington D.C. with my husband and two children. We all had a wonderful time- indeed it felt like a real vacation. From the fitness center to the restaurant, to the drivers of the BMW house car, to the valet, the service is the best I have encountered in a Four Seasons on the East Coast. Most of the staff appear to have been with the hotel for many years- the concierge and head of valet parking, in particular, are masters at their craft. There were a few small problems with housekeeping- they brought us the wrong pillows one night, and failed to deliver a coffee maker, and the first full day we were there we returned to the room at 2:30 or 3 PM and the room was still not made up (we left the room at 9:30 and left the "make up room" light on.) But everyone was very apologetic, and otherwise everything went smoothly. We had one of the standard rooms that fit two double beds and it was both enormous and incredibly quiet. Actually the whole hotel was remarkably quiet. The pool is small- just two lanes, but there was rarely anyone there, and my kids had a blast splashing around after a day of sightseeing. The location is also fabulous- close enough to walk to the shopping area of Georgetown, to Dupont Circle, and even to the White House if you are ambitious and the weather is good. It will be hard to stay anywhere else in DC.

• 5 of 5 stars
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear PSU TravelM0m,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide your generous comments. It is nice to hear that it felt like a real vacation for your husband and two children. I am happy that you felt our guest services, facilities and staff were the best you have encountered at Four Seasons properties along the East Coast. In particular, I’m proud that your found our concierge and valet parking manager to be masters of their crafts. I’m sorry that our housekeeping department missed some opportunities with you but that they were able to quickly recover. We strive to create a memorable experience for every guest and I’m pleased that you found our rooms, location, pool and staff to contribute to making your stay with us just that. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next trip to DC.

Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The staff were top notch. Pleasant, accomodating & everyone knew my name! (I had to check my shirt to make sure I wasn't wearing a name tag.) The hotel and rooms are beautiful and well appointed. We enjoyed four wonderful days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear EIBM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your “top notch” stay with us. It makes me happy and proud that our staff all knew your name and made you feel welcome. I’m glad to know that you found our rooms to be beautiful and well appointed. It is our mission to make each guest feel welcome and enjoy their time with us, and I’m pleased that we were able to accomplish our goal. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Warmest Regards,