We've stayed in Four Seasons hotels around the world, including this one on a number of prior occasions. When we tried to go to sleep at night, we found that the fan in the HVAC system had a loud clatter. The maintenance personnel came to check it at midnight. They stated that they were unable to fix it and offered to turn the system entirely off (37 degrees outside), and offered us a tiny space heater to keep the room above near-freezing during the night.
This used to be a hotel, and used to be a hotel chain that paid attention to detail. But detail is more than just a nice lobby and well appointed rooms. Detail is paying attention to basic maintenance issues that make a stay comfortable. Unfortunately, very unfortunately, the Four Seasons is losing it. Incidentally, they declined to move us to another comparable room in which the HVAC system was not clattering loudly, and they did not offer us any accommodation for the inconvenience of an HVAC system that did not work, including on the rate of over $1000 per night for our room.
Perhaps it's time for another hotel chain to step to the plate and provide real luxury and attention to detail (including maintenance) for those willing to pay for it. The Four Seasons Washington DC is no longer doing so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the hip and historic Georgetown neighborhood, Four Seasons Hotel Washington offers unparalleled access to D.C.'S inspiring monuments and historic sites as well as the eclectic charm of upscale shops, restaurants, and galleries. Vibrant Georgetown is home to a rich variety of cultural attractions, stores and eateries. Listen to evocative jazz in Blues Alley, shop in the design district known as Cady's Alley and explore the C&O Canal, Georgetown Waterfront Park and Washington Harbour. Other popular attractions include the Old Stone House on M Street, Georgetown University, Georgetown Cupcakes (site of the hit show "DC Cupcakes") and of course, the famous stairs from "The Exorcist." It's an ideal base from which to explore the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- 4 Seasons Washington d.c.
- Four Seasons Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Four Seasons