I am a Four Seasons fan, having stayed in multiple properties over the years. Was expecting the usual stellar experience in Washington, especially given it's #1 ranking on TA. Overall, it was mostly very good, but there were some surprising smaller issues.
On the positive side:
Room was quiet, clean, well-appointed.
Appreciated the 4th of July cupcake surprise (we were in town for the fireworks).
Breakfast was very good quality, well-made, service good.
Location is great, close to Georgetown and within walking distance of the Mall after the fireworks.
We had the use of the hotel car one night to get to dinner (BMW 750iL....very nice).
On the (surprisingly) not so positive side:
Someone walked into our room after we arrived; they apparently had the room the night before, but switched and got mixed up re new/old rooms; good thing we hadn't gotten undressed yet; the hotel was apologetic, but no real good explanation for why their key card was still programmed for our room. No real follow-up either...
The drain in the tub didn't seal properly; my son had to give up on his bath.
The water pressure in the shower was fine the first night, but quite poor the next 2 days.
The room was a strange shape - very long with beds on one end and the TV on the other; made it difficult to see the TV actually, it was so far away.
The room service cleaners left an old sheet sitting on top of our luggage - twice!
So, doesn't change my opinion of the chain, but hope our next experience is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the hip and historic Georgetown neighborhood, Four Seasons Hotel Washington offers unparalleled access to D.C.'S inspiring monuments and historic sites as well as the eclectic charm of upscale shops, restaurants, and galleries. Vibrant Georgetown is home to a rich variety of cultural attractions, stores and eateries. Listen to evocative jazz in Blues Alley, shop in the design district known as Cady's Alley and explore the C&O Canal, Georgetown Waterfront Park and Washington Harbour. Other popular attractions include the Old Stone House on M Street, Georgetown University, Georgetown Cupcakes (site of the hit show "DC Cupcakes") and of course, the famous stairs from "The Exorcist." It's an ideal base from which to explore the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Washington d.c.
- Four Seasons Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Four Seasons Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Four Seasons