The Dupont Circle
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Embassy Row Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Madera(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
Tabard Inn(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Carlyle Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Pool
Kimpton Topaz Hotel(Washington DC)
3,510 results
All reviewsdupont circleheated floorsfrosted glass doorgreat locationtoilet and showersink areahotel barmetro stationrooms are smallstreet noisewhite housevalet parkingshuttersprivacyaaronbookstoreconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I was on the business trip, stayed 5 nights. I am a very picky traveler, as far as housekeeeping and service. I have nothing but good things to say about this facility. Awesome hotel. VERY, VERY CLEAN!!! Wonderful decor. Warm flooring in the bathroom...ah.... Woderful service. No complaints whatsoever. I was overcharged by mistake. But the charge was taken care right away, no questions asked. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC. And location, location, location... We were able to walk everywhere. The hotel is in the center of everything. A lot of places to visits, restaurants and many more...Again, the hotel is the top notch lodging for any traveler, whether business or family. Joanna

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We booked the Dupont after a reserved room was given away at another hotel. It was a special occasion and the Dupont Hotel booking manager and front desk staff were not only understanding and sympathetic, but went out of their way to save the evening- and save it they did! The personal attention was that of a small boutique hotel. One of our quests gave the suite a 12 on a scale of 1-10!!!! If you want to feel special stay here!!!!

Reviewed June 16, 2010

Everything previously reviewed good about the hotel on the most part we agree, perfect location, the room was lovely but small along with the issue with the shower and the water but we booked knowing that so, those are non issues. However the consistent problem we experienced, strangely enough, was their inconsistencies. From the room attendant and the towel counts to their morning coffee service. I would like to report that the bar and restaurant were different but while their food and drinks were exquisite the service was again inconsistent. We never knew what to expect as some days things were just as they should be and the next it was as though it was the first day on the job. The management took our concerns seriously and were quick to resolve any issues that we had, but we soon got tired of having to go to the management to complain about the service. We were particularly upset by how our son was treated when we were not present. As we were in DC to see him receive his masters from a local university, he was the sole reason we were staying at the hotel. I would give the DuPont Hotel another try because I know they are working to get it right, but they still have a long way to go.

Tip ***A small pot of room service coffee will run you $20. If I remember correctly it was four cups for $11, plus a $4 room service charge, plus a 15% (or 20%) on total for gratuity, then the tax. A six cup pot will run you $16 plus fees. They offer free coffee in the lobby however if they are running late or have run out or do not have keys to unlock things, ect... there is a Starbucks right across the street that opens early every morning and has what you want without the excuses.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lovie2
GMDupont, General Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

Dear Loki 77573,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your stay here at The Dupont Hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconsistencies regarding our service during your hotel stay and also like to apologize for how your son was treated. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your review further. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves the next time you are in Washington.

Warm regards,

Scott Dawson
Area General Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2010

A/C failed to cool the room. Engineer arrived at midnight with a fan and an apology, stating that the system was running at full capacity. Admittedly Washington is a hot place, but it was only in lower 90's that day and much cooler at night. Also, glass wall of bathroom provided insufficient visual or acoustic privacy.
Location is awesome. Lobby and bar are tastefully decorated (real Saarinen tables by Knoll (I looked underneath!)). And we had a fantastic brunch in the hotel, thanks in part to excellent maitre d' Marc.

1  Thank NYCTravelingMan2010

Dear NYCTravelingMan2010,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here at The Dupont Hotel. I would like to apologize for the A/C in your guest room failing to cool, however I’m delighted that you enjoyed our lobby and Bar Dupont. I will pass on your regards to Marc. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your review further. We hope to welcome you back to Washington soon.

Scott Dawson
Area General Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice. I love the location! It's right on Dupont circle. There's so much close by. Valet parking is nice. The metro is two minutes walk away. The hotel itself is clean and modern. The staff are very friendly. I will definitely stay here again.