The Dupont Circle
Free cancellation until 05/31
Book now, pay at stay
$339
  • Breakfast included
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 06/01
Book now, pay at stay
$188
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$367
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 05/31
$365
$332
Priceline
3,531 results
All reviewsdupont circleheated floorsfrosted glass doorgreat locationtoilet and showersink areahotel barmetro stationrooms are smallstreet noisewhite housevalet parkingshuttersprivacyaaronbookstoreconcierge
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I was in town for the Cherry Blossom festival. The hotel has a modern decor which I liked, and the rooms were very pretty. My only advice is for people bringing cars: there is a $32 charge PER DAY to park your car in the garage. No where is this noted on the Dupont Hotel webpage. I don't know if I'm just naive, but I had no idea that this would be the case, most hotels I stay at have free parking, so just be aware. No one informed me of this before I arrived, and the staff seemed surprised that I wouldn't know this. If I were them, I would just make a notation in the reservations section of their website just to inform people. In any case, if you stay here with a car, be ready to pay the fee. Also, I wouldn't advise that you park in the garage across the street. The guy there is crazy and not to mention rude! Otherwise the hotel was fine, just the parking attendants are a little too informal for my taste. Justin however, who works in reservation, is really very nice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Let me first start out by saying I thought the hotel was beautiful, comfy bed and great breakfast. The location was a plus for what we were in town for. We booked the package to see the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit at the national geographic museum. The museum was 3 blocks from the hotel and we were allowed to keep our luggage there after we checked out. The hotel itself was really nice. The lobby area has a nice place to congregate and read the paper or just sit and people watch. The bar gets really crowded at night. The breakfast was included with our package and the food was fantastic. My only negative was the bathrooms in my room. There wasn't much privacy. There was a small shower and the toilet was right next to it separated only by a small pane of glass. You can pretty much hear everything. Overall though, I thought it was a nice place.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We recently booked 2 nights at the Dupont Hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor.com. Although the outside of the hotel was not very appealing, we didn't regret staying at the Dupont. Although the room was small (2 double beds), it was very modern, clean and comfortable. I'm somewhat of a "hotel snob" and was very impressed with this hotel. Sounds cheesy but the down pillows and down comforters were heavenly. It is more unique than the big national chains and well maintained. The only downside was that it was noisy at night, could definitely hear street noise. Location was great - a block away from the metro. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2010

The hotel is fine. There's nothing, per se, wrong with it but I'd not give it very high marks.

The Pros:
- Staff was very attentive and helpful. Check-in was a breeze and they gave me excellent recommendations for restaurants and walking directions.
- Awesome location - Dupont Circle is near the Metro and numerous museums and other landmarks.
- Bed was comfortable.
- Unlike other reviews, I had no problem with the temperature/AC in the room. Worked fine.
- Wireless internet was very good and didn't have any problems with it - worked perfectly.

The Cons:
- The room I was in was SMALL. Tiny. I think one of the tiniest rooms I've ever stayed in. There was very little space to move around in.
- I'm not sure why the hotel put a single person in a two double bed room. Very odd. The two double beds also contributed to the space problem.
- I find the new style "no door" showers odd. Not bad but odd. This is the second hotel I've stayed at with them and just don't like them - water is all over everything!
- I didn't have a bathmat the first night (used an extra towel) but did get one the second night. Still water everywhere.
- The bathroom floors don't really heat up. I left the heater on overnight the second night and there was no real difference. Nice idea, Dupont, but doesn't work.
- While the beds were fine and the room was comfy (temp-wise), the outside of the hotel was very loud! I was awoken numerous times both nights with trucks and other outside noise. I know this is metro area (I live in a metro area) but the noise was very irritating. A big part of it is that they have a wall of windows - but they aren't well-insulated for sound. This is only a 9 story hotel so you can't get up "high enough" to not hear the street noises.

Overall, if it were for business, I'd stay again. I'd likely not if I was coming with my family to DC.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Leigh B
GMDupont, Area General Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2010

Dear LeighBC,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback regarding your stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our staff, location, and bed. However, we were disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the design of the room. I would like to apologize that the room type that you had requested was not available when you checked in. We attempt to provide our guests with a room as soon as they arrive and quite possibly, when you checked in, the only available room type was one with two beds. If you would like to contact me directly and provide further information regarding your stay; I will gladly do research to find out if that was the case. Also, if you would like, we can notate in your profile that you would prefer a king bed when you stay, we can take care of that as well.

I hope that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and welcome you back to The Dupont Hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Scott Dawson
Area General Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I was here for 2 days of business meetings. It is in a great location. I would stay here again if I had to, but I would not choose to go back. Minor problems and oversights become inexcusable at and above $300 a night. Although their website says that they've done millions of dollars in renovations, it was not apparent on the 3rd floor.

The meeting areas and services were above average, as was the quality of the food that was served.

There is free high speed internet that actually works. This is a big plus.

The bed is very, very comfortable and the smallish room is acceptably clean.

You get free bottled water. But there is no iron or ironing board. Or face cloths. The housekeeper also did not replenish the 2 hand towels that were there when I checked in. And the bath soap is liquid rather than solid.

The hot water was only lukewarm on one day. And, as other reviewers have pointed out, the bathroom is in the bedroom - literally. So you might not want to share a room with someone whom you do not know very well.

The toilet is separated from the shower by only half a piece of frosted glass, so the toilet needs to be dried off after you shower.

And both the toilet and shower are separated from the bedroom area by only another piece of frosted glass, which does not close well or completely and also does not extend completely to the wall and ceiling. So, again, modesty and privacy is somewhat compromised.

The decor is a bit odd and the elevators are slow and inadequate (in size and number).

The hotel services book in the room is not up to date, because, among other things, stuff that it tells you is there is not there. Like an ATM in the lobby. There isn't one.

For $150 a night this is a great place. For $300 or more I would go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank 0567cg

Dear 0567cg,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here at The Dupont Hotel.

We truly value your feedback and are glad that your meeting was a success here. I would like to apologize for the inconsistencies of your experience with housekeeping as well as the difficulties you had with your guest room bathroom. I would like to inform you that irons and ironing boards are delivered to your guest room upon request and that we are working on updating our in room guest directories as we speak and will be able to provide our guests with the most up to date information. However, if there are any items that may cause confusion, you are always welcome to contact our guest services center.

We hope that you will change your mind about us and give us another opportunity to welcome you back to The Dupont Hotel. Should you require any further assistance regarding your stay or would like to provide me with further comment regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Scott Dawson