The hotel is fine. There's nothing, per se, wrong with it but I'd not give it very high marks.
- Staff was very attentive and helpful. Check-in was a breeze and they gave me excellent recommendations for restaurants and walking directions.
- Awesome location - Dupont Circle is near the Metro and numerous museums and other landmarks.
- Bed was comfortable.
- Unlike other reviews, I had no problem with the temperature/AC in the room. Worked fine.
- Wireless internet was very good and didn't have any problems with it - worked perfectly.
- The room I was in was SMALL. Tiny. I think one of the tiniest rooms I've ever stayed in. There was very little space to move around in.
- I'm not sure why the hotel put a single person in a two double bed room. Very odd. The two double beds also contributed to the space problem.
- I find the new style "no door" showers odd. Not bad but odd. This is the second hotel I've stayed at with them and just don't like them - water is all over everything!
- I didn't have a bathmat the first night (used an extra towel) but did get one the second night. Still water everywhere.
- The bathroom floors don't really heat up. I left the heater on overnight the second night and there was no real difference. Nice idea, Dupont, but doesn't work.
- While the beds were fine and the room was comfy (temp-wise), the outside of the hotel was very loud! I was awoken numerous times both nights with trucks and other outside noise. I know this is metro area (I live in a metro area) but the noise was very irritating. A big part of it is that they have a wall of windows - but they aren't well-insulated for sound. This is only a 9 story hotel so you can't get up "high enough" to not hear the street noises.
Overall, if it were for business, I'd stay again. I'd likely not if I was coming with my family to DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of the city's most vibrant neighborhoods, The Dupont Circle brings modern style to the nation's capital for an unforgettable experience. Urban chic comes to life in The Dupont Circle's sleek design, eclectic artwork and coveted location. Then there is LEVEL NINE, an elevated tier of luxury for the ultimate experience. These spacious rooms boast spectacular views across the city from private terraces and balconies with added amenities and benefits. Who needs to cab when you are staying in the heart of the cities restaurant, bar and entertainment scene. Dine in style at Cafe Dupont, a multi-sensory experience, offering a handcrafted modern American style menu with French influences for breakfast, dinner or brunch. Or mix and mingle in one of DC's treasured spots at Bar Dupont, busy with the cosmopolitan after-work crowd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Doyle Collection, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Dupont Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dupont Hotel Washington Dc
- Jurys Washington Hotel