“Brilliant Hotel”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is excellent; close to the metro and there are plenty of great restaurants nearby.

The staff are incredibly helpful and efficient and the restaurant has great food (if a tad expensive).

The room was kept spotless and was properly cleaned each day.

The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was that there are wooden shutters rather than blinds. Unfortunately, these shutters let in quite a bit if light, even when fully shut, which I found made it slightly difficult to get to sleep. Also, as other reviews have mentioned, there is quite a bit of noise at night and first thing in the morning. But for such a central location, the noise could be much worse ( and I was staying over the St Patrick's Day weekend.

I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Hilary870
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Hilary, thank you for your fantastic review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the duration of your stay and we are thrilled that you would recommend our hotel to others. We are sorry to hear that shutters caused your sleep disruption. The comfort of our guests is a top priority of ours. Should we have the pleasure of having you as a guest in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our staff members, so that we may ensure all aspects of your stay are comfortable and find a solution to any concerns you may have.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,384)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Clean, modern rooms with great beds and very quiet add to the hotel's great location in one of the most dynamic neighborhoods in Washington DC. The Dupont Circle Hotel is centrally located, within a block of the Metro, steps away from the park, bookstore, and restaurants of every type. The hotel bar and restaurant are happening places with great, reasonably priced food and drink. Can't say enough about the professionalism and service of the entire staff. Greeted at the front door by Greg who's smile was infectious. Siobhan helped with our every need and Cole's outstanding service made our stay over the top. Would highly recommend the Dupont Circle Hotel to anyone wanting a great DC experience!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 716 and loved it. Sunny with view of the park.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mammadog

We appreciate you being a guest of our hotel during your visit to DC. Thank you for your kind words about staff members. Our team definitely works hard to make sure that all of our guests have what they need for a memorable stay. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others. We hope to see you again on future travels back to DC.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have never been treated so poorly by the staff of a hotel. My fiancee and I stayed at the Dupont Circle Hotel for 4 nights to celebrate our engagement. Due to winter weather our flight was cancelled and we were stuck in town for another day. When we called to inquire about staying an extra night the front desk said that they had plenty of availability and it would be no problem. About an hour later they called to inform me that the room rate would be almost double what I had paid for the first four nights. When I asked if they could work with me considering the circumstances they said they would talk with a manager and call me in the morning. The next morning I received no phone call so I went to the desk. I spoke with the same person I had the night before and she told me that not only would the hotel not budge on their rate, but it was now $20 more than the previously quoted price. This was clearly a situation where the hotel saw some travelers in a tight spot and decided to take full advantage of the circumstances. The staff people I spoke to had zero sympathy for our situation and couldn't even be bothered to offer an apology. As it turned out we got an equally good room for $80 for the night compared to the Dupont's $240, however, it was a huge inconvenience to pack our luggage and drag it through the icy conditions in order to avoid being ripped off. This experience put a damper on our whole trip and I would advise against staying at this hotel as I am sure there are others who are much more appreciative of your business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joe m

Dear Joe, our sincerest apologies regarding your stay. We truly are disappointed to read that we did not deliver the kind of experience you rightly would have expected and should have received from us. Thank you for your patience as we further look into this matter. It is our sincere hope that with you will reach a resolution and right any wrongs that may have occurred.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just spent three days at the Dupont Circle Hotel. Location can't be beat. Hotel has been upgraded since I last stayed there and the room was very attractive and comfortable, and also clean and quiet. I was impressed by attention to small details, including switch for heating the tile floor in the bathroom and sleep masks by the bed. Service was excellent.

Breakfast was not an over-priced buffet but an a la carte menu with a wide range of selections, reasonably priced. I didn't try the restaurant for other meals, but, of course, there is a wide selection of restaurants in the neighborhood.

I found the best price on hoteltravel.com. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your review! We are pleased you had such a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the many amenities our hotel has to offer. We think the little things definitely matter to make our guests' stays extra special. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and we hope to have the pleasure of having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The Dupont Circle Hotel is in a great location within the District. One block from the Dupont Circle Metro station, as well as walking distance to many great restaurants and bars; one of the more fun neighborhoods. The staff was great on check-in, and my room was already available; great view on the 8th floor, overlooking The Circle. Really nice bath products, and a heated floor to boot. Bar Dupont in the lobby was nice, albeit usually very loud and crowded, for a quick drink. Would definitely choose this hotel again for business or pleasure, and I am a rabid Starwood loyalist. Thanks Dupont...see you again.

Room Tip: Highest room possible, will help eliminate any street noise, and if you can get a view of The Circle...
1  Thank 160AdamH160
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Adam, thank you for choosing to be a guest of our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed so many of our amenities and our vibrant atmosphere. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and leave us such a wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed 6 nights so I have a good feel for this hotel. The location is brilliant, right on Dupont Circle and 2 minutes walk from the metro station and a stop on the open top bus tour route. There are dozens of restaurants in the area.

The bar was crowded and noisy every night, so much so that we rarely used it. Breakfast is very good, if a bit expensive.

I would rate this hotel more highly but for three things. Firstly the noise. Late drinkers outdoors plus the traffic noise make it difficult to get to sleep. Secondly there are no curtains and the wooded blinds let a lot of light in, again making ti hard to sleep. Finally the shower and toilet are separated from the room by a movable glass screen rather than by a door. This means anyone in the room is fully aware of what is going on ion the toilet.

Having said all that, I would stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for one that is not above the outside bar area
1  Thank Ken G

Dear Ken, we thank you for being a guest of ours and we truly value your feedback. It's great to hear that you got to experience the lively Dupont Circle area and enjoyed your stay while with us. We do apologize about any noise disturbances you experienced and we thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We welcome you back next time your travels bring you back to DC. If there is ever anything we can do on any of your future stays to make your experience better, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at the Dupont Circle Hotel for a conference that ended yesterday. The staff could not be nicer. Unlike the big hotel chains, the staff here actually knew who you were. I was greeted by name on numerous occasions from the staff. When the conference I was attending forgot to order food for my special diet, the hotel stepped right up and had it delivered within an hour! The only downside was the noise, I guess from the heating system. I was on the 7th floor with a room on the inside of the building. There was no view and the noise was a bit loud. I would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank LKWDBMG613
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Geoffrey, thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for your compliments to our staff. We always want to get to know our guests to make sure that all their needs are taken care of while with us. It was our sincere pleasure to welcome you and make your stay a special one. We look forward to your next visit with us. Safe travels!