“Great room; spectacular service!”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #25 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 4, 2013

pI'm a frequent traveler to DC and have stayed at this property a number of times over the years. This stay provided a remarkable example of exceptional customer service. As I approached the front desk to check in, Dayonna recognized me and greeted me heartily and BY NAME. I hadn't stayed at the hotel for just over ten months, and I remembered that Dayonna had somehow remembered my name that time as well. Getting back to my room late the second night of my stay, I was surprised to find a handwritten note and a "welcome back" note. Fantastic! The hotel is situated directly on the Circle and is steps from the Metro. The rooms are comfortable and modern, and the restaurant is great. Can't go wrong with this great property!

Room Tip: Internally facing rooms are very quiet; external rooms have nice views of busy Dupont Circle.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LonghornFan78733
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. We do like to make extra efforts to make sure each of our guests are warmly welcomed and made to feel comfortable and well taken care of. We truly appreciate your recognition of it, but more importantly, we are happy that it provides such a great experience for you. We look forward to the next time we get to welcome you back.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have previously lived near Washington DC and Dupont Circle was one of my favourite areas of the city. When we went to visit some friends in Virginia, my husband and I decided to hit our old haunts in the District and decided to stay at the Dupont Circle Hotel for the location. The room was very stylishly appointed, with an iPod player on the night-table and a half-open bathroom that had a heated floor (the toilet and shower were separated from the rest of the room by frosted glass walls). The king bed was very comfortable, not too soft as in many hotels. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, and the valet service was very expedient in parking and retrieving our car. The hotel showed their professionalism and outstanding level of service by sending back my cell phone which I had stupidly left in the room! I called them when I got home, and they arranged to send the phone back by next day FedEx. Very impressive! This hotel is in a great location and I will definitely stay here again during my next trip to DC.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Relaxed59

We are happy you had a chance return to one of your favorite DC areas and stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our modern and comfortable accommodations. Our staff is always happy to make our guests feel well taken care of (sometimes that's even after they have checked out, as was your case!) Thank you for your kind review; we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great place to stay - not too expensive even after paying valet parking fee. Will stay again next time visiting DC. I found it odd the shower had no door, but the guest isn't exactly responsible for clean up. My girlfriend told me it was a fashion statement of sorts; I'm not exactly in the loop when it comes to the latest trends. Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wes, we are pleased to hear you had a nice stay while with us and that our staff could accommodate you accordingly. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us when you return to DC.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I always stay here when I travel for work. The rooms are nice and trendy. Its centrally located and the room service is always great. The showers dont have doors which I always wonder why since the water goes all over the bathroom but that is not a big deal! The staff is always super nice and accomodating! There is a cool bar downstairs too.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

We thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your kind review. We are happy to accommodate you whenever you are in town and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Three night escape over Veteran's Day. We were checked in my Siobhan (sorry if I spelled her name wrong) from Ireland. When she looked for our reservation she could not immediately locate it. A few minutes later we were checked in with an upgrade. The service from all was friendly and efficient during our stay.
The room was small but with a very comfortable bed. WiFi was very slow. I agree with others who didn't appreciate the lack of privacy in the bathroom. All hotels now seem to put in the large flat sinks with about 2" from bottom to rim. Why? I find them sloppy! Somehow though I really loved the room and the location of it. We could sit and view the planes flying in and out of the city and watched the moon rise one evening.
This room would not be great for a family. Perfect for one or two.
The rate was very fair and the location can't be beat. We will be back sometime.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Lo, we are happy you enjoyed your three-day stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review. Guest feedback is always helpful for us to create the best possible experience. We hope you enjoyed your time in DC and we look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We only stayed here one night and it was a memorable one. Not only is the staff friendly and accommodating, but this lovely hotel exceeded our expectations. As the weather was very chilly, we spent a lot of time in our cozy room with HDTV, and a gorgeous view of Dupont Circle. The major bonus we weren't expecting - the bathroom had heated floors! This hotel is blessedly dog-friendly and we had our chihuahua with us. Dudley had a great time here too, and even enjoyed meeting a certain celebrity's doggy.
We had only one complaint, and that was that someone had set the iPod radio alarm to go off loudly at 5 am, so we sat bolt upright in bed! What a shock. But when we mentioned to the staff so they could have the maid reset the alarm, they offered us breakfast vouchers as compensation. That, we were also not expecting! Many hotels we've stayed out might not even blink an eye at such a report and only grunt out an apology. But Dupont Circle Hotel made the effort to make amends, and boy was their breakfast yummy! Be sure to try the restaurant in the hotel, you won't be disappointed! Finally, we were made to feel very much at home as the General Manager even came to speak with us and all members of staff were incredibly friendly. We will be sure to book here again next time we're in DC!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lori, thank you for being a guest of ours. We truly appreciate your kind review. We are always happy to go above and beyond for our guests; we are thankful for your recognition. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit to DC.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. Our room was SUPER comfortable and well-appointed, the free WiFi was very much appreciated, and the staff just couldn't have been nicer. The hotel has a very intimate, Euro-chic style that just really fits in its hyper-cool Dupont Circle neighborhood. And the hotel's bar is the absolute perfect place to end a crazy DC day. And our room's bathroom? We were already planning a remodel of our master bath at our home and we have now tried out the prototype! (Seriously--took dozens of pics...hope you don't mind us stealing your design, hotel folks!!) We will DEFINTELY be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill O
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Bill, thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had such a nice stay and found our accommodations to be comfortable. We are definitely happy to hear that you enjoyed our modern decor including our bathrooms. Hopefully, it gave you some good ideas for your remodel. We hope you enjoyed your DC visit and we look forward to your next stay.