“A real surprise, on the positive side.”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #23 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The room is in a decent size, very well appointed. The bathroom is chic, spic and span. Furniture items are all designed with intent to honor the spirit of minimalism, to a brilliant effect.

Featuring a colonial style, window frames in white timber are just a treat for the eyes.

Staff are pleasantly warm-hearted and smiley. Concierge specialists are informative and eager to recommend where to go in this might-be-one-of-the-America’s-only-few-pretty-cities-in-reality city of Washington D.C.

The gym is small but very nice, sufficiently equipped for purposes of cardio and weights.

The location is just good enough. A lot of dining and sightseeing options are around.

In short, this hotel is a classical example of American chic-ness.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, so we have the opportunity to earn a full 5-stars next time. We look forward to your return!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,325)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

On January 14th we booked this hotel for a stay on January 22nd for one night. A day later I cancelled the reservation because we found a much better deal. I had and still have confirmation numbers for both the reservation and cancellation.
A few weeks ago I was checking our credit card bill and saw we had been billed for one nights stay. I called the hotel and asked what was going on. The person answering the phone couldn't help me and more importantly did not seem very concerned. He even asked me if I had booked the hotel through TravelZoo (I had) and if so why I had cancelled my reservation. He transferred me to someone else where I ended up on voice mail. I left a message. My call was never returned.
After waiting a week, I called the hotel back and explained what was going on. This person helped me, but again they seemed apathetic. They finally reversed the charges and explained that due to a computer error their system had booked two rooms for me (though I only ever got confirmation for one room) and only one was cancelled.
By this time I was upset about I had been treated. I don't always check my credit card bills carefully and could have missed this charge completely. I then had two spend well over an hour of my time straightening out their error. No one at the hotel seemed to care and I never received an apology.
I e-mailed management about this situation. I am still waiting to hear back.
I realize that since I never actually stayed at the hotel that this review is incomplete.
HOWEVER, I think my experience with this hotel is indicative of their attitude towards their customers. I will never have dealing with this hotel chain in the future, and I feel that if I was a potential customer and someone else had experience what I did, I would want to know about it.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rewrite
Reviewed March 18, 2013

After a screw up at another well known hotel down Conn. Ave., I was rebooked at The Dupont Circle Hotel. The rooms have some very nice features for those who appreciate higher end touches. Nice lobby, excellent 'come and go' valet, exceptional customer service from the folks at the front desk, free tea in the lobby. Plusses for me. Lights on the headboard good for reading and not keeping your roommie awake; heated floor tiles in the bathroom great on cold days. Do not disturb is a button by the door, no having to open the door and place a worn and dirty tag on the handle. The only downside to my room was the beverage fridge was not cold and the door did not have ample stripping/sealing on it, so we could hear everything in the hall. I did advise the front desk who assured me they would repair (I didn't want the interruption for the 2 days we were there). The bar, Bar Dupont was great for people watching and dessert. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you plan ahead, request a city view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for a terrific review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered regarding you mini fridge. We hope that you'll join us again soon upon your next visit to Dupont Circle. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked the Du Ponte Circle Hotel from the reviews from TripAdvisor as I liked the location and the boutique hotel. We arrived in Washington at 8:00 am after a 19 hour flight so I had emailed the hotel before we left to request an early check in which they said they would see if they could arrange. We arrived at the hotel really not expecting the room to be ready and were advised your room is ready! I was so grateful to be able to check in early take a shower and make the most of the day. I can not fault the hotel at all and I am a fussy person. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for an amazing review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We love to hear that we could make you so comfortable during your stay. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return to the Dupont Circle Hotel!

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for the week end at this beautiful hotel.the minute you walk in the door you get the feeling of elegance.
It is a modern decor and the rooms are great.we had one over looking DuPont Circle.
Room was adequate size and loved glass in the bathroom.
Convenient location and Starbucks across the street and Metro a block.
Breakfast was in very good and reasonable.
Many near by restaurants great staff.
Will stay again on next visit.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for an outstanding review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to you return!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have an 18 year old daughter who has autism and booked five days for the two of us and her longtime aide to visit. D.C. last week. At the last minute, I had to stay back so I called the hotel to let them know about the change and they immediately "stepped up " and took care of them from the moment they walked through the door. The person I spoke to on the phone had the manager call me when they arrived and made sure they had gorgeous adjoining rooms. There were several concierges and all were incredibly helpful and patient with recommendations for sightseeing and transportation. I was very nervous to send them without me but want to thank the management and staff for an excellent stay and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TamSuzeSF
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are happy to hear that we could be of service to your daughter and her aide during their stay. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I gave this hotel a rare "4.7" (a very high mark) because of a number of reasons. The hotel's bar and some of the rooms face the circle, and steps away from the Metro. The night scene at this hotel's bar, lounge and restaurant is active and young. Other reviews describe this hotel well; meaning it is well placed for nearby restaurants and venues. I loved that it was so close to the metro!

Their breakfast is a la cart with attentive service, standard pricing, and the food is very good. Dinner was equally good, standard DC pricing, and again a very active night scene. I sat at the restaurant bar, not the lounge, as the lounge was full, and seats were hard to find.

The hotel rooms were well appointed, modern and the cool part was the heated floor in the bathroom! I had an inside room, away from the street noise and traffic, but no view. But I did not care. They originally offered me a very nice room with a great view of Dupont Circle but I wanted a more quieter room. I got it!

I do want to give kudos to Sophie, a tireless, highly energetic and friendly dining manager, along with Cole and Jenn in the front desk who helped me patiently when I checked in early, and then asked to be moved to another room. They ALL remembered me the next day, made the effort to smile and ask how things were, and were helpful when I left. They're efforts are why I did not give the hotel a 4! If they had a fancy spa, the hotel would have been a 5..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Sophie will certainly be recognized for her efforts in assisting you. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!