WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #39 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Guest for life !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am a local, therefore I haven't stayed at Dupont Circle Hotel. My review will be about the food, beverage and service. I will start by saying that after my first visit, I knew that I would become a regular at Dupont Bar and Dupont Cafe. I think after about my third visit to have a bite to eat and have a beer at Dupont Bar, most bartenders, bar backs, pretty much everyone behind the bar remembered my name. The staff there sure knows how to make a guest feel special. There has never been a time when I was there, one or all managers did not come and say hello. The staff exudes in personality and they make sure your experience there is a flawless and enjoyable one. I am not a mixed drink person really but a few cocktails I tried were excellent and very creative. Now the food... I always thought the bar menu had more choices than the full menu at many restaurants and never left the bar unsatisfied. Then I decided to dine at the more serene, quiet bar inside Dupont Cafe. As soon as I sat at the bar I was greeted by Ryan the supervisor and Sabrina the assistant F&B manager who also knew me even though it was my first time at the cafe ( things like that make the world of difference in the hospitality business !) Menu looked great, a more extensive version of the bar menu. I had a hard time deciding so I narrowed it down to 2 apps and 2 entrees and let Ryan decide. Rest is a heavenly experience, a culinary journey that literally put a smile on my face. The finishing touch was a sauvignon blanc recommended by Ryan as well. If you are in the D.C area, you owe it to yourselves to dine there. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for a fantastic review! We are sincerely appreciative of your loyalty and are pleased that you enjoy dinning with the Bar Dupont, and Cafe Dupont so much! We hope that you'll continue to visit us again, and again. Maybe, even take a night and stay in one of our fabulous guest rooms! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Hebrew first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel was very nice, but the location was what really made me happy. I upgraded from the Superior level to a Deluxe to get a little extra room and a higher floor - nice partial view of Dupont Circle, very bright and comfortable. The bed was dreamy, and I did appreciate the heated bathroom floors (especially when the temperature dipped on my second night). Both the food at Sunday brunch and the room service I ordered were excellent. I am actually rating this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 for the staff. Everyone was competent, but I can't say I was particularly impressed by most of the people who worked here. In fact, the doormen and cleaning ladies I met were a lot nicer than the concierge and the people at check-in. The concierge seemed bothered when I called down to ask a question about what I was allowed to bring on the White House tour, and was indifferent in person when I was having trouble with the printer in the business center. On the positive side, the location was wonderful - easy walking distance from loads of restaurants, shops, and a bookstore that was open 24 hours on the weekends. Perfect for a bibliophile like me! I probably wouldn't stay here again, even though I loved the location, because I just didn't feel valued as a customer at this hotel. I'm sure I could find a 5 star staff for a comparable price on my next visit to D.C.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Dupont Circle if possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LynnTT
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We apologize if anything was not up to your expectations. It is our prerogative to provide high quality guest service to each and everyone of our guests. We will certainly address your concerns with our team. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to providing world-class service to you next time!
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Wonderful surprise! Very reasonable cost both room and resturants. Car parking available; costly but convenience & access worth it. Pleasant, happy service from doorman, front desk, concierge, maids, wait staff, lobby " eyes".
Room very modern as is lobby. Smallish but certainly were not cramped. Bath area excellent; floor to ceiling door is glass to toilet and also shower. Shower pressure & water warmth excellent too. (Mable flooring can be slippery). Bed comfortable. A/C ok - cooler by window side. Shutters at night cut the urban noise and winter wind. Closet space ok but not ample. Water bottles given. WiFi fast!
Lunch in bar area & breakfast in dinning area comfortable, good quality, service and delivery. Menu selection diverse & cost very reasonable (so much that the hotel may be cheaper then neighboring eateries). Coffee/tea in lobby in AM. Didn't see ATM.
Again service ( all - everywhere) excellent. A happening place; all ages staying & in resturants.
Enjoy the city whether Metro (Red line - block away), bus, cab or walking. The neighborhood great ( drug store across the circle, eateries all there!).

Room Tip: Decide for your needs, nearness to elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for a fantastic review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. Please join us again soon, we would love to see you again at the Dupont Circle Hotel!
Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed the second week of February. The hotel facilities and location its great. Our room was located in third floor. First issue, the AC unit when the fan started, it was like someone blowing a whistle in the room. We reported and they solved it the second day.
The restaurant its great, food quality is really good, and the service is excellent.
The hotel location is great, just across the street is the subway station.
Please double check your account, at the check out, we had three rooms, and in two of them we got bar charges that we never did. We complained and they removed the charges, but beware of that because if you don't double check the account you can be paying accounts that don't belong to you.

Room Tip: try to get upper rooms, they are quieter and you get a nice view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for any misunderstandings or inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Our mini bars are touch activated and quite sensitive, so it is possible there was a mechanical error. For that, we apologize! We hope that we were able to remedy it before your departure. Please join us again so we may make up for your previous experiences. We look forward to your return!
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a luxury hotel conveniently located right on DuPont Circle. Staff is excellent, cordial and always very courteous. Rooms are small. Bathrooms have heated floors, but glass walls, so be warned if sharing a room with someone you don't know very well. Meeting rooms are nice. Restaurants located close by. Metro station across DuPont Circle. A good hotel for small conferences.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. We hope that you'll contact the hotel so we may learn more about your experience, and come to a resolution. We look forward to the opportunity to earn a full 5 stars from you next, and we hope to see you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I just spent the best part of a week at the Dupont Circle Hotel. I would have to say that I was highly impressed, and I tend to stay in hotels probably 3 weeks out of 4. The service was great, with friendly staff at reception, attentive staff in the cafe and bar, and well appointed and comfortable rooms. I didn't eat lunch or dinner in the cafe, with the exception of a quick burger on the last night, but breakfast was fantastic every morning. The bar is good fun, with a sizeable crowd each night and a good wine list. I will certainly be back next time I visit DC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank OzSingapore
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for a terrific review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. Our future guests will appreciate it as well! We hope that you'll join us again soon and visit the Bar Dupont. We look forward to your return!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travel alot and consider myself to be a discerning individual when it comes service and taste. I was pleasantly surprised with the Dupont Circle. It has a hip feel but doesn't take for granted its customers. Everyone - from the bell boys to the waiters, bar men, front desk staff and concierge understand true hospitality. Niamh Tallon, the Assistant Front Office Manager went out of her way to make my stay particularly relaxing and special.

As a business traveler who is on the road at least 1 week out of the month, it is wonderful to see an electronic "do not disturb" that lights up outside of your door rather than the paper that hangs on the door.

I enjoy my space so the Grand Deluxe room is the only option if you are not upgrading to Level 9. The rooms have a modern, sexy appeal and I love that it is almost an extension of what you might find in your own living space with recessed lighting.

The only negative is the gym which for such a cool hotel could definitely use a facelift and upgrade. Also, the heated floor in the bathroom which in theory sounds wonderful, never actually got warm. I would prefer the heated towel rack that their former sister hotel, the Back Bay had in Boston (which was the only redeeming quality, see my review of that place).

Overall, it is worth the extra money to upgrade to a Grand Deluxe. Ask for room 518. It overlooks the circle.

Room Tip: The breakfast is fantastic so if there is a "breakfast included" option it is worth spendi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank stilettolexy
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated our sevice. We can assure you that your compliments will be passed on to our team! We hope that you'll join us again upon your next visit to DC. We look forward to seeing you again soon!