“It'll do!”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I came here on business as a solo traveler. It is close to all the major amenities. I can't say enough how great the location is.

This is a nice trendy boutique hotel, with a nice upscale lobby. It is very clean and comfortable and reminds me of the hip hotels in Europe. The AC works great here, it was easy to find a comfortable temperature, the beds are ok for comfort.

The reason I gave it 4 bubbles instead of 5 is because of a few things.
- I think they went on the cheap with the towels and linens. The beds were ok, but the sheets feel cheap (stiff, scratchy and don't fit well) and some of the towels have holes in them.
- The hotel staff does not seem as friendly and accomodating as some of the other hotels I've stayed in of the same class. This may be a cultural difference perhaps.
- I think the rooms are small and kind of industrial. I know some people like this look but I feel like i'm in an office cubicle. Everything is nice and everything but, its just not homey. They have these very nice plantation shutters instead of curtains, but the room is really bright in the morning. It doesn't work to block out the sun when you want to sleep in.
- there is some noise all night long from Dupont circle. Not much the hotel can do about this but I have not slept well as a result.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel based upon its convenient location and cleanliness

Room Tip: as for an outside room, not an atrium one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,381)

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Dupont Circle Hotel. Our cost for 4 nights was $885.22. I researched a lot of hotels before choosing this one and I was not disappointed. I found the room to be comfortable and well appointed. There is not an "entry way" into the room which seems a little awkward at first. However, the large bathroom/shower made up for the difference to me. There is no coffee maker in the room which I missed, but they had good coffee in the lobby available every morning. The service in the restaraunt is slow and the food was average and expensive. However, there are numerous places on all price levels nearby. I really like the location and the surroundings, as well as the close proximity to the Metro. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Lynn the concierge is excellent as well as Ahmir in the dining room. I would stay there again if I could get that price again .

Room Tip: Ask for an "inside room" that is not on the street side as well as on an upper floor. We w...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Woke up at 6:00 a.m. to get ready for a 7:00 a.m. meeting. No coffee maker in the room so I called downstairs to order room service. The hotel does not provide room service until 6:30 a.m. I asked for a coffee maker which they brought but the pot did not fit the maker and they did not bring me coffee cups. I expect more from a hotel that charges $500+ a night.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I hosted a birthday party for approximately 40 guests in a room to the side of the bar. it was a great success with excellent food, drinks, and a lovely setting with a candlelit room and fireplace. The bar manager and waitress assigned to our party were phenomenal and made everything seamless the whole night. The excellent service us to relax and enjoy ourselves while always having food/drinks as needed. Everyone had a great time and commented on what a great setting and good service we had.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed here for a weekend on a business trip and was very comfortable here. There was no view from my room to speak of but it was stylishly presented and the bed was incredibly comfortable. There was an ipod dock, free wireless, TV and quality toiletries in the room and the staff were great, particularly the super friendly receptionists. There's a hotel gym and the hotel bar downstairs is really chic; plus the Dupont Circle area is really fun. The only downside to the hotel was the room service - a little overpriced,not great - and when we had breakfast in the hotel bar one morning the service was quite bad; we didn't go back. Other than that I loved the place!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My friends and I were there for a girls weekend.

Pros:
Super comfy bed (I'm a bed snob and this was a huge selling point for me)
Awesome location
Eddie the door man rocked

Cons:
Non-existent room service menu (and not 24 hours)
Super slow hotel staff (waited for 20 mins for our car from the valet service- only to learn they forgot to get it)
Small room and very awkward bathroom (toilet right next to the shower)

Overall, the location was great but I think the next time I'm in DC I'll try another hotel. Not terrible, but not great.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NYerTravels
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I booked three nights at this hotel through Groupon for $299.00 a night plus tax. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted to celebrate in style. I had originally booked 4 nights but was told that they could not honor my coupon for Monday night, which was our anniversary. So we had to change hotels on the last night which actually was a god send. We stayed on Level 9, which is a private floor of the hotel. The room was very small barely big enough for the bed, a small closet but no other storage place for you clothes. There was a nice balcony but when I sat on the chair it was soaking wet and I had to change clothes. They did replace the cushions at my request. The planters were steeped in about 6 inches of filthy water and there were no plants. Although the hotel was supposed to be non-smoking there were ashtrays on our balcony along with the one located off the lounge. The linens on the bed were fabulous and housekeeping did a great job turning down the bed and supplying us with chocolates every night. When I had looked at the rooms it said they had showers with soaking tubs and heated bathroom floors, well our room had a shower which drained into our room, the heated floors did not work and there was no soaking tub. I asked to be moved and was repeatedly told there were no rooms available although folks came and went during my stay. I talked to some of them and they had much nicer rooms and one couple had even used a Groupon coupon. There were unlimited cocktails both in your room and in the lounge which was a real perk but the light snacks that were served often looked like they had been out for hours with no attempt to keep them chilled when appropriate also it was the same food all three days I was there. We were given a breakfast gift certificate so breakfast only cost me an additional $25.00 mostly because of a misunderstanding with the server. We ordered Bloody Mary's ($10.00 a piece in a small highball with ony olives) with a beer back. The server brought us full beers and our drink tab was $35.00, just a little outrageous. To top it all off at 10:30 am on 9/11/11 the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate. Explanation brakes on the elevator heated up, not very reassuring. The one bright spot was Lynn, the concierge. He was great and sent us to some spectacular restaurants.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in 912
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple