I stayed 2 nights at the Dupont Circle Hotel.
Upon checking in I requested to be placed in a quiet area because I am an extremely light sleeper and the entire city was taken over by thousands of high school kids for some convention. I was immediatly and without hesitation placed on the 9th floor, which at first didn't mean anything to me until I realized that it was the Penthouse Floor!
The accomodations were AMAZING.
The only issues I had were:
* The sliding glass doors to my balcony (shared with two other rooms) would not lock.
* In the mornings the housekeeping crew would bang their carts and doors around and make a lot of noise on the other side of my bedroom wall. As soon as that happens... I'm up.
* While it's nice that they provide some free hor d'oeuvres in the PH Lobby, they are typically sweaty cheese and sliced meats that have been sitting out for a while. Most of the time they were a wee bit non appetizing in looks and taste. Perhaps having a chafing dish with something more appealing and fresh would be better.
* The morning snacks do not start until most business people have departed for their meetings.
* No coffee maker in the room. In my case, my room was as far away as possible from the PH Lobby so I needed to get dressed before I could event have a cup of coffee.
Overall it was a very nice hotel but spending $500 per night was not worth it considering there are two comperable hotels (Palomar and another) withing a few buildings distance at a much lower price point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of the city's most vibrant neighborhoods, The Dupont Circle brings modern style to the nation's capital for an unforgettable experience. Urban chic comes to life in The Dupont Circle's sleek design, eclectic artwork and coveted location. Then there is LEVEL NINE, an elevated tier of luxury for the ultimate experience. These spacious rooms boast spectacular views across the city from private terraces and balconies with added amenities and benefits. Who needs to cab when you are staying in the heart of the cities restaurant, bar and entertainment scene. Dine in style at Cafe Dupont, a multi-sensory experience, offering a handcrafted modern American style menu with French influences for breakfast, dinner or brunch. Or mix and mingle in one of DC's treasured spots at Bar Dupont, busy with the cosmopolitan after-work crowd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Doyle Collection, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Dupont Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dupont Hotel Washington Dc
- Jurys Washington Hotel