“Fourth of July”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle
Ranked #95 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
“Fourth of July”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The price was right! We've stayed at another Courtyard Marriott previously, and also had a great experience. We arrived very early (our tour was cancelled), and were able to check in waay earlier than expected - which was greatly appreciated because we snuck a quick nap in. Our room had a view of the pool, and thankfully we could open a window for fresh air. The staff was extremely accommodating - the doorman who greeted us at the door was funny and made suggestions for where to visit, and the front desk receptionist called our room with ideas for places for lunch/dinner. The only thing that was frustrating was there's barely any street parking, so we valeted our car with the hotel (private service) for approx $35. Otherwise, we definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MegaliciousJonas
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Holiday Traveler,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at our Courtyard Washington DC/Dupont Circle. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we continuously strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. I will personally share your positive comments with our team.

Washington DC/Dupont Circle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston
Reviewed June 30, 2014

It is updated and has the usual amenities of the courtyard (smart board, the bistro dining, the free wifi) However, I found this location to not be up to my expectations as compared to other local courtyards in the city. The positive is that it is in the trendy DuPont Circle. However, it is about 5 long blocks uphill from DuPont circle. So where your walking shoes. The rooms are small the bathrooms are even smaller. There was no counter space. The bistro is only open till 7:00pm. So when I came down for dinner at 7:30 with several other weary business travelers, the bistro was closed. Apparently they shortened their serving hours in the summer. But the front desk did not inform anyone when they checked in. Many of us rushed to the front desk to review take out menus. Choices were limited. All they had was pizza delivery. They ran out of Chinese take out menus. So they gave me two restaurants in the area and I googled them and picked the one with the best rating. When the delivery arrived, again I followed other guests on the elevator to pick up their orders as well. Let me say this, this is an okay courtyard but there are several other better run courtyards in the DC area that come with the service and space that business travelers need. I would only recommend this place if you need to be in DuPont Circle or cannot get into some of the other locations. As a loyal business traveler, I hate it when a Courtyard disappoints me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay. I would like to sincerely apologize that our service did not meet you expectations. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to ensure that each of our guest have flawless and memorable stay. I can assure you I will address all of the issues you mention directly with my team.

Should your travels bring you back to DC in the near future, I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our best Marriott service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Pasco, Washington
Reviewed June 30, 2014

An odd elevated front door leads to attentive service by all staff, clean, comfortable rooms, practical location, and great value! The pool area was clean and comfortable in the June heat. Would recommend for tourist and family travel though I observed many business guests so add business travel as well. Kudos to the front desk manager during the day - she was smart, knowledgeable and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed June 27, 2014

What a great hotel. Everything was lovely and clean. The rooms are very spacious. The food in the bar downstairs is great. Overall a very comfortable, pleasant stay. Would definitely recommend to anyone. The metr line is less than a 1/2 block away - it only takes 5 minutes to get to Union Station and then you can go anywhere from there.

The staff are friendly and very welcoming.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Holiday Traveler,

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We were able to book this hotel on Priceline at a discount. We found overnight parking on the street after looking for a while. Otherwise, be prepared to pay $30 to park at the hotel. Location is very convenient to Metro and bus to pretty much anywhere. Lots of dining in the area. The neighborhood is safe, being amongst the embassies. This is a good choice, especially if you can get a discount.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve F
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Location is off the beaten path in DC. It's a good 3 blocks from Dupont Circle Metro stop and its almost straight uphill, so keep that in mind if you are hauling bags. The neighborhood is cool, lots of small indie restaurants and a couple of book stores as well, which I appreciated. DC Metro is great way to get anywhere you need to go. All the major attractions are within a couple of stops and White House is 1.5 mi walk. Staff is helpful and friendly.

As for the room itself, it was small by my standards, but it was clean and comfortable which is all that I really need from a room when traveling on business. I did have an afternoon beverage and snack in the hotel, and while the service was slow, the food was adequate. Server was by himself and had a tough time keeping up, not his fault.

Would stay here again, particularly at the rate I had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mphopkins99
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at our Courtyard Washington DC/Dupont Circle. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we continuously strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. I apologize about your wait time in the Bistro. Thank you for making me aware. These types of comments assist us in improving our services.

Surrey
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was a bit worried about the location of this hotel as I had intended to reserve a few and then cancel but inadvertently booked advance rate non-refundable!

I was pleasantly surprised - good location, close to metro and some fabulous restaurants in the local area.

When we got to a location we tend to do lots of walking - 20 mins to the White House with a stroller so not too bad.

Only slight criticisms would be the pool .... Freezing cold as outside! Beds were not the most comfortable but after that much walking I could have slept anywhere!

2 of the Big Bus tours (yellow and one other) go from opposite.

Would recommend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TheMichaels
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,