“Convenient to everything ”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle
Ranked #91 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Bellevue, Washington
“Convenient to everything ”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We were able to book this hotel on Priceline at a discount. We found overnight parking on the street after looking for a while. Otherwise, be prepared to pay $30 to park at the hotel. Location is very convenient to Metro and bus to pretty much anywhere. Lots of dining in the area. The neighborhood is safe, being amongst the embassies. This is a good choice, especially if you can get a discount.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Location is off the beaten path in DC. It's a good 3 blocks from Dupont Circle Metro stop and its almost straight uphill, so keep that in mind if you are hauling bags. The neighborhood is cool, lots of small indie restaurants and a couple of book stores as well, which I appreciated. DC Metro is great way to get anywhere you need to go. All the major attractions are within a couple of stops and White House is 1.5 mi walk. Staff is helpful and friendly.

As for the room itself, it was small by my standards, but it was clean and comfortable which is all that I really need from a room when traveling on business. I did have an afternoon beverage and snack in the hotel, and while the service was slow, the food was adequate. Server was by himself and had a tough time keeping up, not his fault.

Would stay here again, particularly at the rate I had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mphopkins99
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at our Courtyard Washington DC/Dupont Circle. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we continuously strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. I apologize about your wait time in the Bistro. Thank you for making me aware. These types of comments assist us in improving our services.

Surrey
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was a bit worried about the location of this hotel as I had intended to reserve a few and then cancel but inadvertently booked advance rate non-refundable!

I was pleasantly surprised - good location, close to metro and some fabulous restaurants in the local area.

When we got to a location we tend to do lots of walking - 20 mins to the White House with a stroller so not too bad.

Only slight criticisms would be the pool .... Freezing cold as outside! Beds were not the most comfortable but after that much walking I could have slept anywhere!

2 of the Big Bus tours (yellow and one other) go from opposite.

Would recommend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TheMichaels
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at our Courtyard Washington DC/Dupont Circle. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we continuously strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. I will personally share your positive comments with our team.

Albion, Michigan
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is my fifth stay at this property this year, and I stay here when doing business in DC. Location is great for my meetings with embassies and a fun night life area. I felt very spoiled by the staff at this property when I checked in at my last trip to DC. I was immediately welcomed by saying: "Welcome Back! Good to see you again!" And was offered a platinum arrival gift from the market place, and additional bonus points. I am typically upgraded to a corner room executive king room, but this time the staff was so kind and generous and put me at the presidential suite. The staff has made my stay so wonderful here, I truly feel as if I am a VIP guest every time I stay here. Rooms have been renovated less than a year ago, and have high quality linens and pillows. Highly recommend for business travelers.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lukman85

Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here this past weekend...arrived at 1:00 and room was not ready which happens and was fine. No Platinum Elite arrival gift - not even a thank you for your loyalty which I get at every hotel. Rooms were small but clean - seems to be a lot of people just hanging around at the hotel then I see that they sell a pool membership which explained a lot. Dining area was fine but had to wait 20 minutes this morning just for someone to come out to take order and that was after we went to the front desk to tell them and they just brushed it off. So if you have to stay in DC for business I believe there are better choices for Marriotts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jsabatini
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at our Courtyard Washington DC/Dupont Circle. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to ensure that we are providing a flawless and memorable stay. I would like to sincerely apologize that our service did not meet you expectations. We pride ourselves on extending the warmest welcome to returning guest as well as our Marriott Reward members. I am disappointed that our team failed to acknowledge you as a Marriott Rewards member upon your check in with us. I can assure you I will address all of the issues you mention directly with my team.

Should your travels bring you back to DC in the near future, I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our best Marriott service. As you may noticed our property offered newly renovated guestrooms with a custom design and modern décor.

Our 147 spacious guestrooms & 1 suite are equipped with:
• Complimentary wi-fi internet access
• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV
• Mini-fridge, in-room safe & in-room coffee
• Spacious work desk with ergonomic chair

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

California
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were here from California to attend a wedding. The hotel graciously accommodated us as we arrived into DC two days earlier than planned. They even went as far as extending the Happy Couples wedding rate for us.I did ask that they do so.They were able to put us into the upper floor room so that we would not have to switch during our stay, which we appreciated. Our view was spectacular!Even on such a rainy day.We were walking distance to all that we wanted and needed. The metro was right nearby. I needed my nails redone, right there, I needed a drugstore, right there. Embassy row was fascinating, and right there. Staff was very nice. We also really liked the soft comforter/blanket that was on the bed. Just the right thickness for us. Although we did not like the pillows. Awkward shape and not fluffable. Overall, a lovely, safe place to stay which made us a Happy Couple.

Room Tip: Ask about various view rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coqui_coqui_jet
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, June 17, 2014

Our 147 spacious guestrooms & 1 suite are equipped with:
• Complimentary wi-fi internet access
• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV
• Mini-fridge, in-room safe & in-room coffee
• Spacious work desk with ergonomic chair

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was a great stay, and the hotel was true to the Marriott Courtyard brand. Great hotel with one of the most comfortable beds and strongest showers I've ever had in a hotel. Had a sandwich at the bistro and it was great. Check out the restaurant next door as a good option too (Chartwell Grill). If traveling on business, there are lots of great little 'nooks' to sit with a colleague and chat.

A word of advice if you're foolish like me and trying to get there cheaply from the airport by taking the Metro (subway) -- the website says to get off at the Dupont Circle Station (Red Line) and that it's 0.3 miles. I verified this distance on Google maps (close enough anyway) -- however, much of that walk is uphill. Not fun if dragging suitcases.

All in all, the stay was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business