“Close to the Monuments”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle
Ranked #74 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly. It is not inexpensive to stay here but it is right in the middle of all of the different embassies from other nations and near Georgetown University. As with every other hotel in Washington DC, it is pricey.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Darrell F

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I rode up to this hotel and expected the worst. The outside of the hotel has little appeal. However, this all changes when you walk in. The reception are is clean and the staff were all so nice and helpful. Each time I walked in, I was greeted warmly by whomever was working the front desk. The lobby area is comfortable and is a nice space to work in or hang out and read if you want a break from your room. The restaurant has a limited menu but the food itself was very good and it's convenient to grab a quick bite. The rooms were very clean and seem to have been updated recently. It was a very comfortable place to stay. I was here for work but I'd suggest it as a hotel if you were planning a vacation to D.C. - It's about a mile away from the monuments and an easy walk to get there. If you don't feel like walking, there are a zillion cabs and not hard to hail one. I made use of the Capital Share bikes (there are two locations within 5 minutes of the hotel) and also took in the sites of the city via bike. The actual neighborhood of this hotel is also very convenient. There are a lot of restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Because they do seem to host groups often, I would just ask to not stay on a floor with a group (to ensure a more quiet experience). While I was here there were two youth groups and I had no issue with noise but I wasn't on their floor. Also, if you stay towards the back of the hotel (off Conn Street) I'd imagine it would be more quiet and you also have a great view of the Washington Monument.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel off of Conn. Ave - it will be more quiet and there is a grea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank L P
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed 3 days at this hotel last week. When we checked in the room type we reserved was not available. The front desk clerk was so apologetic and went over and above to accommodate us. I was so impressed by this I would stay here again just based on this one experience. The awesome customer service didn't stop there! The next day the font desk staff was just as impressive! The hotel itself is very nice. It didn't stand out different from any other Courtyard I have stayed at. It was nice, clean and rooms are comfortable. The rooms seem a little smaller than most Courtyards. What stands out at this hotel is their staff, everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank kimlh
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Donovan McDaniel, the hotel GM, and his hotel staff were consummate professionals. I would absolutely recommend selecting this hotel for a trip to our nation's capital. The staff were very helpful in making recommendations, and our room was heavenly! We certainly will be back. Thank you Courtyard Marriott!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We just stayed at this hotel and though I have stayed in most of the Washington DC Marriotts, this was my first stay here. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed here since friends from overseas had booked the Hilton across the street and even though I am not a Dupont Circle person, this hotel was very nice. It is less than 1/2 mile to the Dupont Circle Metro and restaurants, shops, bars, the zoo and many other things are so close it makes it very easy to keep yourself busy. The staff was amazing, always smiling, pleasant and helpful. The rooms are a little on the small side but very clean, very up to date and had a great view of Embassy Row. Even with the start of St Patty's weekend we never heard a single soul. If we ever have friends staying in Dupont Circle again we will definitely be back and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank The_Walking_Dead_1
Reviewed March 12, 2014

How is it that a lot of the most expensive hotels ALSO charge for EVERYTHING - like printing a few pages of a document, not to mention 12-25$ per day for internet. Then there's this Courtyard - free internet, no hassle, no charge for casual printing (8 pages, but they didn't really ask), and a large, comfortable, quiet, clean room. In fact, my room is right next to the elevator and I started to ask for a change just on principle - but 3 nights into my stay and no problem with noise. The hotel location is great - it is directly across the street but from the D.C. Hilton. There are tons of restaurants up the street. Anyway, I am a fan.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

A short walk from DuPont Circle's bars. Clean and quiet room. Very nice staff at front desk. Recommend valet park your car and walk - take taxi to get around. Parking in DC is frightfully expensive. The pool looked nice (but it's winter so it was closed). Looked forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013