“Amazing customer service”

Ranked #91 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing customer service”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way through. We arrived to find that the front drive was closed for construction and the small parking area they had full. We circled the block and I ran in to see where to park. Instead of making me drive around again, the valet and bellhop came out to where I was and carried in my bags and took my car. I was so thankful to not have to try to drive out into the afternoon traffic again.

The hotel was under renovation at this time, but I didn't hear anything while there. The room we had was renovated, and while it was small, it was almost perfect. The new furnishings were very nice, the bed comfortable, and even the view was ok. There were 2 problems with this room that could easily be fixed. First, there is no full length mirror in this room. Second, the bathroom has poor lighting for make-up that could be fixed by adding a light over the mirror or a lighted swing-out makeup mirror.

The location is fantastic. There are many great restaurants to walk to and the metro is nearby to take you where ever you want to go.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. I certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our valet and bell staff during your check in process. I know that the driveway closure caused some inconvenience but I am pleased to know that our staff was able to alleviate some of the confusion. I was also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your newly renovated room. As you pointed out the room was missing a full length mirror and a lighted bathroom mirror, both which have now arrived and have been installed in all of the rooms. I do hope that if your travels bring you back to DC in the near future, you will choose to stay with us so that you may experience our fully renovated hotel from driveway to guestroom finishes. We look forward to having you back.
Donavon McDaniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel was actually really nice. The location was great. It was literally a 5 minute walk from Dupont Circle and the Dupont Metro Station. I went with my sister and we shared a room with a king size bed. The view wasn't great, we ended up facing the side of another building. Then again we weren't there for the view from the hotel. The room was definitely on the smaller side as was the bathroom but we managed especially because we were out all day site-seeing. The bed, however was so comfortable! It was probably one of the best beds I have ever slept in, well in a hotel. We also spent a little extra ($20 per person) so we could have breakfast in the hotel. They had a lot of delicious breakfast options and they were all very hardy meals. It was a great way to start our days.

I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors as well as one facing the Main Street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank julianneaugust
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location convenient. I am pleased to inform you that we are in the midst of a guestroom renovation and one of our focuses based on customer feedback like yours is the bathrooms. Our renovations will incorporate more storage/shelf space for toiletries thus maximizing space in our bathrooms that have the lovely pedestal sinks. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future so that you can experience our newly renovated rooms. Next time we will also make sure to put you on the other side of the hotel where you can get a panoramic view of Connecticut Ave leading to the Washington Monument.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott is a high rise hotel located on Connecticut Avenue near Dupont Circle. It is newly renovated, with comfortable rooms with wifi, and a very helpful staff. While there is no restaurant/bar, the Bistro offers an assortment of Starbucks coffees as well as breakfast sandwiches and plates. Other food is also available there. The lobby is beautiful with computers/printers and public wifi available. Valet parking is suggested as there is very little street parking. Metro bus service stops right outside hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Art G
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are certainly proud of our hotel, its location and our friendly staff. Thank you for the great feedback on our newly renovated rooms. As of February, we will complete renovations to all 248 guestrooms. Please do think of us for future visits.
Kirkland, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Well, one of the worse hotels I have been in in quite a while. I'm a diamond member, had a pre-paid room (which I'm sure contributed to this review) it was facing the very front where the construction was going on, so at 6AM all the work started, the hallways were noisy with doors opening and closing. Rooms were clean but way outdated, Location is far away from metro (about .5 miles). Not may restaurants in the area. Price was good, about $110 a night

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Anthony N. I am sorry to hear that we failed to provide a carefee and enjoyable stay during your recent visit. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while we were undergoing our driveway resurfacing. While we tried to keep noise down to a minimal there was some drilling involved and this is the noise you heard. I do hope you can give us the opportunity to welcome you back as I know you will be very pleased with the look of our newly resurfaced driveway and our newly renovated guestrooms which now feature a custom and modern décor. As for dining options, Dupont Circle is known for its array of restaurants, cafes and bars and during your next visit our staff can assist with suggestions based on your taste in cuisine.
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was a nice hotel and very fairly priced for a holiday weekend. Its about a 10 min walk from nearest metro and is pretty good location. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was clean. It could use a few updates, but let's face it what hotel couldn't? I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask to be be on street side if you want the better view, and also ask not to be next to the elevator...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will come back in the near future so that you can experience a stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. Our newly renovated rooms feature a custom design with modern décor, complimentary wi-fi internet access, a mini-fridge and safe in each room. We look forward to having you back.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I chose this hotel on a night where DC was fairly booked and so it was the best price option for a Marriott The hotel is very convenient if you want to remain in the Dupont Circle area otherwise it is a bit off the path, so keep that in mind. If you are Dupont-centric, then this could be a great option for you. On the main path with shops and restaurants nearby up to a 10 minute walk I would say.

Rooms were basic as was the overall decor - could use one of the Courtyard upgrades.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your recent DC visit. I am pleased to inform you that based on guest feedback like yours, the hotel is currently undergoing a full guestroom renovation to include a fresh new look with custom design and modern décor. I believe you will be very pleased with our updated look. As for location, our Courtyard offer our guests a more neighborhood feel of DC yet puts guest within a short walk, metroride or carbide away from DC attrition and the downtown business district. Please come and stay with us again so that you may experience our newly renovated rooms and more of the charm of our Dupont Circle location.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just a shirt getaway at the Courtyard in Washington DC near Dupont Cicrcle. If they don't have it in the hotel it is most probably just a short walk away. Many restaurants and shops within just a block. The hotel is comfortable and clean. The staff was all quite friendly. Shop for a good deal as it can be pricey.

Room Tip: Check for any deals available from AAA to priceline if you want to save a few $$$$
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and that you found everything you needed within a short walk. The Dupont Circle neighborhood really is a wonderful location to stay at during a DC visit – we do have it all metro close by, restaurants, shops mixed with the charm of a true neighborhood experience. Please visit us again.