“Outstanding customer service and great location”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle
Ranked #75 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is a few minutes walk from a vibrant, busy, beautiful area. There are all types of restaurant to meet all types of culinary tastes. There are also a few bars interspersed and there is a tube station within walking distance. The staff where exceptionally efficient, welcoming and friendly and were on hand to help.
The room was a good size and very clean with a good comfortable bed. My only complaint would be there was no water in the rooms so when arrinving late I believe thats essential these days especially as this is not a budget hotel.
Hence 4 instead of a 5 rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Seran T

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We arrived late in to Dulles airport, there was no bus to the city so took a shared shuttle to the airport, this was easy and took about 40minutes. Once at the hotel, we were checked in promptly with a smile from the lady behind the desk, she reccomended a pizza delivery company as we were very hungry, this came quickly which was great.
The beds were very comfy and the room spacious, the wifi was great and bathroom a good size.
The pool is very small, we went down early evening but unfortunately were joined by a couple of other people with children so didn't stay for too long.
Location was perfect, just a few blocks from the White House and close to the museums, the nearest metro was about 10 mins away but we didnt use this, we walked everywhere.
There's a 7-11 around the corner and there's places to eat North towards the university.
If you are only in Washington for a few days go to all the free museums first, we were there on a weekend and although it's quieter I think it's a great time to visit DC as you dont have all the business people to share the path with!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ellie188
Reviewed October 1, 2013

There were four travelers that stayed at this location for the weekend (9/27 - 9/29) and it was a Courtyard so of course it’s not going to be an *insert 5 star hotel here* experience; however, I can say without a doubt that the customer service was fabulous. From the front desk to the cleaning staff, everyone had smiles on their faces and were willing to assist in any way. As other reviewers have stated, the rooms were okay (felt like it needed a little sprucing) but the location was great (near the metro and restaurants) and it felt like a very safe neighborhood. There was an on-site "cafe" and we paid for breakfast to be included in our room rate and that was just "okay" but it served its purpose.

For those who aren’t interesting in driving, please note that we found plenty of locations that we were either in walking distance or if you like to venture out, we paid less than 15.00 for any of the locations that we went to. Just one more note, the parking fee at the hotel is $30 per night (yikes) but if you’re lucky you may be able to get parking on the street which is FREE.

The next time we’re in DC, we would definitely think about staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The courtyard is in a great part of town a few block walk to the DuPont Circle metro station providing easy access to all the major attractions of Washington DC. The area around the hotel is vibrant and safe. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance.
The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are typical Courtyard/Marriott issue. That means basically predictable and comfortable even if the hallways are a bit old and dated.. Essentially quiet, very little street noise. The staff is uniformly pleasant and helpful. I felt very welcomed whenever I entered the building. Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bccrab
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My room (904) was quiet. The bed was spacious and comfortable, which is critical, because I have a bad back. The TV was huge and new.

The property was clean and the staff were friendly. Check-in was a breeze and when I told the desk clerk that I was a light sleeper, he called later to inquire if my room was suitable. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Dupont Circle metro station and located near numerous eateries, which is good, because even though it has a well-stocked snack bar and Starbucks coffee, it does not have a full-service restaurant to speak of.

My only complaint - not enough room to lay out your toiletries in the bathroom. And I'm a gal who packs light.

Other than that, a great value. I felt compelled to write a review after my second stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hoosgalnyc
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a couple nights on business and really enjoyed it. The hotel itself is a few blocks from Dupont Circle and the Metro station there. It was a bit of a hassle walking with luggage, but totally fine without luggage - about a 5-10 minute walk to the Metro depending on how long you have to wait at the traffic lights. There are a lot of shops and restaurants between the hotel and Dupont Circle, which is nice. I was travelling alone and really enjoy this area in general due to the good street scene and foot traffic well into the evening. I never feel funny about walking back to my hotel at night.

The hotel itself was great - clean, comfortable, well-maintained. My room was well-furnished with a comfortable mattress, good linens, and a nice work area. WiFi was very strong and never dropped off. The only downside of my room was that there wasn't much counter space in the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

I do wish that the pool was open longer - it is seasonal and closed the weekend before my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank november_moon
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The front desk and staff was very helpful and pleasant. There is an onsite restaurant in which the food was decent. The location is good and there are many eating places within walking distance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business