“Reasonable DuPont Circle hotel”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle
Ranked #72 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. If your trip to DC is based on sight-seeing and using the metro, there are better locations. However, if you want to access mostly DuPont Circle and Adams Morgan, this location makes sense.
This property feels like a retrofitted old Days Inn, but the rooms are fairly fresh (clean carpet) and the lobby area is friendly. Our king room was quite small even by DC standards, and the bathroom was really tiny and placed right next to the bed instead of off to the side which grosses me out a little. It was clean so kudos to the housekeeping staff. Great view of DuPont Circle and the (scaffolded) Washington monument.
One reason I chose this hotel over a full service Marriott or Kimpton is that the windows open for fresh air and there is nice outdoor space (and an outdoor pool in season). This is extremely important to me when traveling to DC in nice weather. The courtyard area was a pleasant place to relax on a beautiful spring day.
Ditto about the staff...everyone was very nice. Another bonus for me was the availability of Starbucks in the lobby.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MommaSuz

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Near Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle for dining, about 30 minutes walk to Georgetown and 20 or so to the Zoo. A bit less than 10 minutes to the nearest Metro at Dupont Circle. The immediate neighborhood is quite nice and full of diplomatic residences and Embassies.
Good views from the south side of the building if you are on a higher floor. Parking was $25 per day. Typical limited Courtyard dining in the hotel itself but plenty of options nearby.
Staff was pleasant. Our room was small but well kept and clean. The rate quoted was very high ($400+ if I recall) so I used points to avoid that. I probably would not stay at more than $300/ night to be honest.

Room Tip: South side, higher floor for the view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had to travel to DC for business. It's peak season but I was forced to spend $500 (including city tax). Also - the hotel advertised itself as being just off the Metro. I like to walk but with luggage this is a trip that older people/handicapped would have real trouble with. (1/2 mile uphill)

The hotel is in a wonderful area - full of great bistro restaurants. The temp was perfect and it seemed like everything was in bloom.

If it weren't for the exorbitant prices I would actually consider coming back.

Room Tip: Get a room facing East/Southeast down the hill. From there you can see the Washington Monument.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April 2013 for 2 nights on a business trip. I have to admit that i was impressed by the front Desk staff. they were friendly and took the time to let me know the essentials about the properties and the businesses surrounding the hotel (restaurants and etc...) My overall stay was good and the only small complain i have will be towards the Bistro. The service was spotty and slow at times.

Good experience overall and would most definitely recommend this hotel but not during Cherry Blossom times in DC as the rates were outreageous ($359/night).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights for college visits. Literally every single person who works at this hotel is warm, friendly, and determined to meet your needs. The location is excellent, it is a 10 minute walk to the Dupont Circle Metro station, and there are a multitude of excellent restaurants within a 5 minute walk. The room was spacious, beds very comfortable. Breakfast was included with our rate, and it was nice that we could order off the menu in the cafe downstairs (instead of a buffet style crowd scene). Not a very extensive menu, but the food was all delicious. A few nice touches: a large touch-screen computerized information board in the lobby, free Wifi in all rooms, a 24-hr convenience "shop" in the lobby, computer/printer in lobby for boarding passes. Overall, hotel was a great value for $150/night including breakfast (AAA rate). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just came from a 2 nights stay at the Courtyard Dupont Circle. We particulary appreciate the very helpfull staff! We arrived very late (after 1am) and we got a very quick check in wich was appreciate as we were quite tired. Room size is good, we had a 2 double bed room, by the way the beds were excellent, if I should have an issue it is about the bathroom size which is really very small, but we could handle it though we were 4 people in the room. Excellent wifi connection in the room and the lobby. We liked the lobby and appreciate the dedicated pc to print out the boarding passes. In front of the Hotel there is the stop of one of the Hip on/off buses (which I really recomend to have a very good overlook of this beautiful city). I did also appreciate that what I asked for (high floor and away from elevator) were fullyfied.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A an MR platinum I was upgraded to room with a good view. Wifi worked fine.

I had phoned the day before my arrival to say i was checking in the next day, to inquire about parking options. They assured me i could self park. However, upon arrival they refused to let me self park, and said i must use their parking 'valets.' Small point but i found it misleading.

A lot of courtyards are trying to refreshen the brand by redesigning lobbies with bistros and go boards. But they all feature complimentary morning coffee in the lobby. This one diverges from the brand in not offering comp coffee. Explanation for this was thin.

Room and bath nice and clean. Clock time was way off... good thing we checked.

Oo

Room and bath were nice and clean. Clock was way off... good thing we checked.

Rooms nice and clean. Our alarm clock had

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business