I have mixed feelings about this hotel. If your trip to DC is based on sight-seeing and using the metro, there are better locations. However, if you want to access mostly DuPont Circle and Adams Morgan, this location makes sense.
This property feels like a retrofitted old Days Inn, but the rooms are fairly fresh (clean carpet) and the lobby area is friendly. Our king room was quite small even by DC standards, and the bathroom was really tiny and placed right next to the bed instead of off to the side which grosses me out a little. It was clean so kudos to the housekeeping staff. Great view of DuPont Circle and the (scaffolded) Washington monument.
One reason I chose this hotel over a full service Marriott or Kimpton is that the windows open for fresh air and there is nice outdoor space (and an outdoor pool in season). This is extremely important to me when traveling to DC in nice weather. The courtyard area was a pleasant place to relax on a beautiful spring day.
Ditto about the staff...everyone was very nice. Another bonus for me was the availability of Starbucks in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle is ideally located in Northwest Washington, and a short walk to the Dupont Circle Metro. Whether you're staying for business or leisure, our hotel is equipped for everything you need for a relaxed and productive stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Washington Dc Dupont Circle Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Northwest
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Washington Dc Courtyard