“A member of the reception staff was rude!”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle
Ranked #86 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A nice hotel, in its simplicity, but:

1. I wish I'd known prior to my stay that there would be no breakfast as part of my package. Very inconvenient.
2. There was a lady at the reception desk who was often rude and dismissive.
3. The cleaning staff kept thinking we'd checked-out, and opening the door each morning!
4. Our door key/card stopped working 20 minutes before we were to collect our bags for check out!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aria E
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Aria E,

I do apologize for the experience you had at our facility. Courtyard as a rule doesn't offer breakfast as part of the stay. There is no excuse for any of my staff to be dismissive. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay any further. I would appreciate it in order to reconcile for our shortcomings.

Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC/Dupont Circle
Albert_Montone@Doylecollection.com

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I just returned from a four night stay at this hotel. I was attending a conference at the Washington Hilton across the street, but that hotel was sold out so this one was the closest option. I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfullness of the hotel staff. From the door attendant helping with our bags and calling for a taxi, to the front desk receptionist, to the housekeeping staff cleaning the mirrors in the elevator every morning, I was always greeted with "hello", and a smile. The room was quiet, everything was VERY clean, the bed was comfortable and I was so happy to see that they had fitted bottom sheets on the bed (one of my biggest complaints at many hotels is that the bottom sheet isn't a fitted sheet so it becomes loose during the night and I'm always tucking it back in)! Their sheets were soft and there were many pillows of different sizes and thickness. My only two suggestions for improvement would be to add more shelf space in the bathroom to hold personal toiletries (there was only a small shelf), and to get thicker towels. The towels were nice and soft but were too thin. I'm used to big puffy towels at many of the hotels I stay in. I would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Rileys_Mom2006,

Thank you for the great comments about the friendliness of our staff. I appreciate your critique on our bathrooms and the need for more shelf space. We are replacing our terry to provide a better product as well.

Please come back. It will be our pleasure to serve you.

Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC\Dupont Circle
Albert_Montone@DoyleCollection.com

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Absolutely excellent stay. I have stayed in placs more and less expensive and this was by far the best stay I have ever had in a Hotel. The staff was exceptional. Patient, informed, and took time to follow-up. Room was comfortable, linens were outstanding. Down comfoters with many different pillows sizes and densities. Not that any od that is really important, again i say, it was the staff. Just fantastic stay.....will look for Marriots as I travel down the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Michael T,

Thank you for pointing out our excellent staff and the spirit to serve you experienced from them. Please come back. We appreciate your business.

Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC/Dupont Circle

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was a wonderful experience to stay at the Coutyard by Marriott in Washington D.C. Even thought there were 250,000 girl scouts there the still made room for two more people. It was ALWAYS very clean. Never a found spot. Their breakfast bar was the best!! I highly recommend this amazing hotel to anyone!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Grayson R,

Thank you for the great review. I appreciate your comments especially about our cleanliness and Bistro offerings. Please come back.

Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC Dupont/Circle

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed 1night for White House tour. Walked to national zoo 20 minutes. Metro station 10 minutes walk the other way. Tons of restaurants to walk to. Parking was odd, be sure to have all your stuff together before you pull up. Not weird, just different than other Courtyards. Big city, go figure. Staff was NICE, without exception. Pool was outside, a nice break (and clean!). Rooms are on the smaller side, which makes sense given the setting. Double beds, not queens. Not misleading, cause it said so in reservation, probably the only sub-par part. Wifi in rooms, patio was neat, go-board was a big help. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear JBBLANCHARD,
I appreciate the great review you gave our hotel. Please do come back. Thanks,

Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC / Dupont Circle

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Best qualities: location, value, friendliness of staff, free wifi, pool.
Not so good: lousy mattress, sheets kept coming off, no fridge in room as in other Courtyards, old building with fewer electrical outlets in room resulting in extension cords everywhere, very small bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Gregory W
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Alpha B,

I appreciate the good review about our location, staff and value. I am sorry that the mattress was not to your satisfaction. We are planning to renovate our guest rooms to include refrigerators as well.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly. Please come back.

Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC\Dupont Circle

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staff were extremely friendly. Room needed some attention. AC was noisy. Took forever to cool the room off and never could get to desired temperature. Only there for two nights but they gave us this room as an upgrade?!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear TheShortList,

Thank you for the nice words about our staff. I do apologize that the AC was not to your satisfaction. Please come back. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly.

Courtyard By Marriott Washington DC\Dupont Circle