I stayed in at the Days Inn last week for a few nights. The rate was about $150/night, and even given its convenient location (a few blocks from a Red Line metro stop), I have to say it wasn't worth the money. As I've said in my other reviews, I'm a fairly low-maintenance hotel guest: as long as the hotel is relatively clean, quiet, and comfortable, I'll be happy, but this hotel fell short on two of those three factors (it was clean). When adding in the fact that the hotel does not include breakfast and doesn't have a gym (and unlike most hotels without a gym, the Days Inn hasn't made a deal with the Golds Gym next door, so visiting Golds costs $15/day), I can't see staying here a second time.
I will say that the front desk staff were helpful and polite, and did the best they could within the limitations of the hotel. But with that said, here were the issues:
1) Noise: the first room I was put into was a "connected room", meaning one of two rooms that are connected by a door but rented separately. Because they're connected, they're extremely close to each other, and when someone is in the bathroom of the other room, it's like they're standing right in your room; you can hear absolutely everything. In my case, the person next door had some sort of rattling cough, and I'll spare the details except to say it was nauseating to listen to. I finally asked for a room switch, which they were happy to do, and they put me into a non-connected room on another floor. The problem, though, was that this room was right next to the ice and soda machines. In every other hotel I've ever stayed in, such machines are in a little alcove (partially enclosed), but in this hotel they're right out in the hallway, and were about 1 foot from my front door. Whenever someone got ice, I knew it well, and then the machine would go through its ice-making stages in a pretty loud way. I would've asked to get switched again, except I was too tired to bother by this point, so I just turned up the A/C fan to try to drown out the sound.
2) The bed was, in a word, the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've slept on in a long time. It was rock hard, and the pillows were not only the cheap, squishy kind, but they were small squares about the size of your head. While they give you a bunch of the pillows, it's pretty hard for your head not to fall off of them and onto the mattress. I was pretty exhausted, but even so it was hard to sleep through the night.
As I mentioned above, when you factor in the lack of breakfast or a gym, $150/night is pretty hard to stomach with these kinds of limitations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Forest Hills area, our Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue hotel is an ideal choice when visiting the nation's capital. The nearest Metro Station is just 1.5 blocks away and Avis Budget Car Rental is onsite for your convenience. Sleep soundly in your comfortable room, complete with free WiFi, Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses, and 37-inch HDTVs. Indulge in a delicious meal at Tesoro Italian Restaurant, located onsite. We provide ChargePro EV charging stations for electric vehicles. Familiar landmarks, such as The White House, U.S. Capitol Building, Washington Monument, and the Lincoln, Jefferson, and Martin Luther King Jr. memorials, are just a short Metro ride away. Explore Smithsonian Institution museums, the Smithsonian National Zoo, Arlington National Cemetery, and Mount Vernon. Hit the links at Rock Creek Public Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave. Hotel Washington Dc
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn
- Days Inn Washington Dc
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Days Inn