Firstly the agent I booked with had the location on map in incorrect place around Museums when in fact it was North west of city nr end of red line -fortunately I made sure it was near a Metro station. I wasnt sure what to make of this place as mixed reviews over past month. The good points are its very handy for Metro being 5 mins walk and the area appears nice and safe which are plus points. The room I had was ok and the extras were nice but its so gloomy even in daylight-in winter it would be so depressing as only window looks out on a short walkway around premises.
Like the reviewer of 17 Sept I found disturbed sleep was a problem here. I stayed for 3 nights and each night I had a sleepless night. Examples 1st night some idiot filled up ice bucket at 3.15 am-how noisy is that chucking ice into a bucket! 2nd night various people chatting in corridor between 1-2 am on way back. 1.45am someone ran a bath-sounded like Niagara for 5 mins!! I thought it was fire alarm as it was so loud! Now I only had a room to left or one above that could have done this. 2.30 am some idiot ran along corridor upstairs and back again-what was the emergency someone giving birth?? 3rd night various and some further away ran bath at 4am. I mentioned to front desk 2nd day and said is it normal to fill ice buckets and run baths at 2-3 am!!! Didnt really care no apology just take your dollar and bye from what I saw.
Now this may be reasonable price for DC but I stayed in a better place in Pittsburgh which was being redecorated for same price and had 2 sleepless nights there.
If the hotel gave guests a short note on arrival saying please consider other guests when you stay dont fill up ice at 3 am and dont run baths at 2am as the system is so noisy it would wake anyone-just be considerate thats all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Forest Hills area, our Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue hotel is an ideal choice when visiting the nation's capital. The nearest Metro Station is just 1.5 blocks away and Avis Budget Car Rental is onsite for your convenience. Sleep soundly in your comfortable room, complete with free WiFi, Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses, and 37-inch HDTVs. Indulge in a delicious meal at Tesoro Italian Restaurant, located onsite. We provide ChargePro EV charging stations for electric vehicles. Familiar landmarks, such as The White House, U.S. Capitol Building, Washington Monument, and the Lincoln, Jefferson, and Martin Luther King Jr. memorials, are just a short Metro ride away. Explore Smithsonian Institution museums, the Smithsonian National Zoo, Arlington National Cemetery, and Mount Vernon. Hit the links at Rock Creek Public Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Washington DC / Connecticut Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave. Hotel Washington Dc
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn
- Days Inn Washington Dc
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Days Inn