We stayed at this hotel for five nights while visiting the DC area. First off lets start by saying this is a Days Inn and not a five star hotel. If you keep that in mind you will not be disappointed. The hotel is in a nice area of DC with several restaurants very close. The Metro is about 3 blocks away and it is a short 20 min. or less trip into downtown. It is even closer to Du Pont Circle where there are a very large number of restaurants. Using the Metro is the only way to visit DC, having a car is expensive, difficult, slow and unnecessary.
The hotel itself is somewhat old, yet has been updated. Our room was perfectly nice and had a nice flat screen TV. The Wi Fi worked very well. There has been some complaints about the "small" pillows yet we found average size pillows that had simply been folded in their cases (this seems to be a trend now at several hotels I have stayed in). If you just unfold the pillow it is just fine. Our room was on the small side but it didnt really matter as we were just there for sleep. The staff was friendly and helpful.
We stayed here during spring break when most hotels were charging well over $200+ a night, and while it wasn't what I would call cheap, it was certainly more reasonable than the competition. Overall this is a good solid place to stay, not all that far from downtown, and way more reasonably priced than many other places in town. I would stay here again without question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Forest Hills area, our Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue hotel is an ideal choice when visiting the nation's capital. The nearest Metro Station is just 1.5 blocks away and Avis Budget Car Rental is onsite for your convenience. Sleep soundly in your comfortable room, complete with free WiFi, Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses, and 37-inch HDTVs. Indulge in a delicious meal at Tesoro Italian Restaurant, located onsite. We provide ChargePro EV charging stations for electric vehicles. Familiar landmarks, such as The White House, U.S. Capitol Building, Washington Monument, and the Lincoln, Jefferson, and Martin Luther King Jr. memorials, are just a short Metro ride away. Explore Smithsonian Institution museums, the Smithsonian National Zoo, Arlington National Cemetery, and Mount Vernon. Hit the links at Rock Creek Public Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Washington DC / Connecticut Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave. Hotel Washington Dc
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn
- Days Inn Washington Dc
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Days Inn