“Great Location, Decent Breakfast, But Kitchen Not Big Enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Capitol Hill Hotel

Capitol Hill Hotel
Ranked #11 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Location, Decent Breakfast, But Kitchen Not Big Enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

For our large group it was a nice place to stay. The closets where huge and we used as a dressing room! But the bathroom is small. But very clean. We walked to everything from this location. There was a Metra a block away if we would have wanted to use it. The breakfast is standard, but free so no complaining here! The reastraunt in the area where great for our family, pizza and burgers. We would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello Helen C,

Thank you for posting this review! It's great to read that you and your family had a great visit and enjoyed your stay on The Hill. I particularly love reading that our team went out of their way to ensure that you were well taken care of. We truly appreciate the feedback and hope you return soon.

Thanks again,

Donte Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Hebrew first
Shipham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here as a family, the hotel is in a great location. We felt safe waking around with our children in the neighbourhood. The staff go out of their way to help, especially Candandice and Coric. The rooms are large and comfortable, breakfast is good. Definitely worth booking a room, if you want to be in the middle of the sights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello Helen C,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review of your stay with us! We appreciate the great feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Our complimentary continental breakfast service is wildly popular and Candiance and Corric do a fantastic job of taking care of our guests! I can't wait to share your compliments with them. Thanks again for the review and we hope to have you back again soon.

Centerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was most pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the room and even the bathroom. It came equipped with a kitchenette and was stocked with everything I needed. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating to my needs. I loved the modern-feel of the lobby. I will definitely stay at the hotel again on my visits to DC. The hotel is located across from the Catholic church and within a couple blocks from my son's condo and Eastern Market. Great location!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hello B2SPO,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review of your stay! It's great to read that it was an enjoyable one. We're delighted to be your new home away from home when you're visiting your son. We hope you do so often.
A lot of people think of "the holidays" as just a couple of periods throughout the year. But, technically speaking there's at least a couple of holidays every month. I always encourage guests who are using the hotel as home base while visiting family to be creative in finding reasons to do so more often. For example, June 17th was National Eat Your Vegetables Day (I'm not making this up). That would've been a perfect time for a parental visit. Make Your Bed Day (again, I'm not making this up) is just around the corner. Shall we book a room for you?

Thanks again for the review! We hope to see you soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Catpitol Hotel for one night. The reception at check in was pleasant, they even accomadated me in getting an early check in. The area is nice, so I was able to walk around the area, have lunch and return to the hotel for a relaxing shower and nap before my meeting.

I will definately return to the hotel when I go back to DC, great location, Excellent service.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, both quiet. My main concern is a good mattress and quiet. I had both.
Green Features: This is very frustrating TRIP ADVISOR, I am force do write about something I did not have days to observe. I will have to imagine that is was in practice because I am green friendly, recycle and try to reduce waste on a daily practice. I didn't notice them being non EF!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hello Greensandz,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review of your stay with us at Capitol Hill Hotel. I'm so glad it was an enjoyable one and that we were able to accommodate your early arrival and take great care of you throughout your visit. We look forward to your next visit to Washington! Thanks again for the review.

Redding
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I use to travel, renting rooms over 100 nights a year, this hotel was easily the nicest, most friendly and most attentive of any that I have stayed in. Staff was exceptionally attentive and helpful, always willing to do the little extras, never just saying or pointing “over there…”.

1 Thank Blogeezer
Hello Blogeezer,

Thank you so much for the review of your stay with us! Such high praise from such a well-traveled guest is certainly gratifying. I look forward to sharing it with our team and I'm sure they'll be excited to hear it. Thanks again for the review. Come visit us again soon!

Houston, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Overall, I highly recommend the Capitol Hill Hotel. The beds, including the sofa bed and complimentary folding bed, were very comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked with plates, utensils, glasses, refrigerator, microwave, stove and sink. The kitchen sink was slow to drain. The bathroom was okay, but had a little mold here and there, and the tub was slow to drain. Communal baths are also available down the hall. The room was otherwise very clean, though a little small. Our room overlooked the street, which was nice during the day, but a little bright at night -- even with the shades drawn. There were plenty of easily accessible electrical outlets. For the price, it is a very good room.The breakfast was well above average. The cereal, bagels, pastries and muffins were very good. The boiled eggs were very good. The salami and cheese slices were also very good. Complimentary teas were provided in the room and upon request. Excellent complimentary fruit waters were available in the lobby. The service was exceptional around the clock, including at breakfast. Prompt, very helpful assistance was provided in the Business Center. The staff was very friendly and eager to help. The location near the capitol building is exceptional -- 2 1/2 blocks from the Capitol South Metro station. Despite some minor issues described above, I will stay at this hotel again. There were NO bed bugs in our room, which have become ubiquitous in DC hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello o517375,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review of you experience with us at Capitol Hill Hotel. It's great to read that you loved our location and service. We're especially glad you enjoyed our continental breakfast service. With the popularity of this element of the Capitol Hill Hotel experience we know the room fills up quickly. Thanks again for the review. We'd love to have you back sometime.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. I had a very late check-in. Staff was great and very accommodating. Size of the 1 bedroom was surprisingly spacious. Complimentary WiFi in room. I would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank urbaneworldwide
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello urbaneworldwide,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience with us here on Tripadvisor! It's great to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you would send friends and family our way. Your recommendation is the highest compliment we could receive. We certainly appreciate it. Thanks again for the review. We hope to have you back again soon.