$107
$180
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $329/night.

$112
$99
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$239
$115
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$163
$119
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$136
$113
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$159
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

1,390 results
All reviewsdupont circlequiet streetwine hourdressing roomyoga matdressing areamini barcomplimentary winewhite housefront desk staffconnecticut avecontinental breakfastroom was largesmall hotellocation is greatfew blockssitting area
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Ive stayed at this hotel a couple of times, if anyone knows anything about me.. I'm a Kimpton king, Ive done 44 of there hotels last year..just about all 10 hotels in DC.

I want to say that i had the most amazing experience.. First and foremost.. Warswaen who is new as one of the managers, goes above and beyond for the guests to make sure they have an incredible stay. They spoiled my dog. got him treats and made sure that i had a pleasant stay.

I stayed in the Serenity suite. It was a beautiful room, very spacious, luxurious and clean with a great view of the DC Streets. Its quiet and cozy and just all around wonderful..

Topaz thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Overpriced for the age and lack of amenities available. $239/night rate and yet want to charge $14 for a very small continental breakfast. Only saving grace was the politeness of the staff. It is conveniently located for easy walking or cheap transportation to local sites. I expected free transportation from the airport but instead was charged $85 when I found later that Uber cost would have been $33.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Raeshawna S, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Greetings brlanpK9388AE

I appreciate your feedback. I am glad that the staff was friendly. We do offer rates that include the breakfast for just a $1 more based on availability! With our location, we do not provide shuttle service and are always happy to provide you the options available to you. We do hope to have you back and change your mind.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Such a joy to stay where pets are welcomed and not judged. Had three dogs over 100 lbs and no issues Even allowed to go to wine happy hour! Our dogs are extremely well behaved and we wouldn't travel with them if they weren't. Location is great. Staff friendly and totally helpful. If you drive a hybrid you park free!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank spfister05

Hello spfister05

Thank you so much for your review! When we say we are pet friendly... we mean it! I am happy to see you and your four legged family members enjoyed the staff, services and location. We look forward to having you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 26, 2017

After having stayed at some truly spectacular Kimpton properties in the recent past, I was looking forward to trying a smaller boutique hotel in Washington's Dupont Circle area. There are many Kimpton properties in D.C. so I would recommend you give them a look before considering a stay at Topaz.

First, let me say the front desk staff were always courteous and friendly as were the staff in the Topaz Bar, so the issues with my stay weren't related to them. Rather, it's the hotel itself.

If you've ever been in a bar and seen an awkwardly-disheveled patron wearing too much makeup and an outfit far too youthful for her features, you can understand the Kimpton Topaz Hotel.
There is a general lack of attention to detail that seems at odds with my prior Kimpton experiences (Allegro-Chicago and EPIC-Miami). While I understood and expected an older renovation to the space, last updated in 2006 if I understand correctly, it very much felt like it. Wall outlets that wouldn't hold a plug, no desk lamp on the only workstation available in the room, no A/C in the halls or elevators, dingy bathroom with red mildew on the shower curtain, paint flaking from the ceiling over the tub, etc.

And there were dogs EVERYWHERE. We're not talking cute little pooches in shoulder bags here but full grown Grand Samoyeds, Yellow Labs and Bloodhounds! In a small boutique hotel in the middle of a bustling city. It made the entire space feel like a European hostel rather than an exclusive hotel experience. (I'm a dog-owner myself, so I'm no critic of bringing animals on vacations, but there should be limits, especially given the size of the elevators themselves.) There were even dogs brought into the restaurant while food was being served which is probably against local health code restrictions.

On the plus side, it was easy to get to the hotel and there are some terrific restaurants in the area, so unless you plan to spend all your time in the hotel itself, you might not mind some or all of the issues I mentioned. However, I do believe there are better options, even within the Kimpton brand to consider first.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles S
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Beautiful contemporary hotel in DuPont area of Washington DC. The tree lined street is very pretty and quiet. The staff are great and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. The rooms are gorgeous and so clean!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Greetings 694tarae

Love your review! It is always wonderful to see that the team here made a connection and truly cared about your experience. You must come back in the fall to enjoy our beautiful tree lined streets again.

See you again soon