$146
$107
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$207
$180
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

$112
$99
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$135
$119
Kimpton
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$130
$115
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$170
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$159
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$136
$113
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$282
$227
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$141
$125
Capitol Hill
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

1,390 results
All reviewsdupont circlequiet streetwine hourdressing roomyoga matdressing areamini barcomplimentary winewhite housefront desk staffconnecticut avecontinental breakfastroom was largesmall hotellocation is greatfew blockssitting area
Reviewed November 23, 2009

New to this chain. It's a little edgy but in a good way and the staff is very customer-focused. I got a room upgrade just because it was my first stay. Also got $10 voucher for mini-bar for joining the loyalty club. Only downer -- promised wireless internet did not work.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Kimpton_DC, Operations Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2009

Hello BigCJ65,

Thanks for trying out our hotel and the Kimpton Group. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience that the staff were very guest focused. I do apologize about the wireless internet. I will be sure to bring this to the attention of the hotel to make sure we follow up. Thank you and have a nice day! Please come back again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2009

Very nice room. All what you would expect from a Kimpton. The only caveat was the view (my room was overlooking a dumpster!). Very nice bar and extremly friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Kimpton_DC, Operations Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2009

Hello AboulFawares,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad you liked the room and being a loyal Kimpton guest that we met your high standards. I see the bar and the staff made a good impression also. Thank you and please come back again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2009

The service was outstanding. I am not high maintenance; the staff were helpful, not overbearing and were intuitive - a smart young group of people. The room was large. I upgraded to a Yoga room at a discounted rate. It was an apartment in the past and that was the vibe I got. We had an extra nook, powder/dressing area, couch opposite the TV and a very comfortable bed. I couldn't have asked for more. Sure, some paint was peeling in the bathroom but not a big deal. I loved the room; it was just like being at home, very relaxing. I have stayed at the Palomar in the past and actually prefer the Topaz. The neighborhoold is better. I only had one encounter with a pan handler on N Street the whole week. Saw Ted Koppel at the Tabard Inn next door and the Iron Gate is across the street. Luna cafe on Connecticut has great food at good prices and good specials. I booked through the hotel at a promo rate for a week. The promo only applied to four nights but upon checkout and without asking I was billed at the lower rate for the other three nights. These Kimpton people are so nice, they encourage me to stay with them time and time again. I will be a Kimpton patron for life. Thank you for making this such an enjoyable stay and making it possible for me to enjoy a full week in DC.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Hello PerdueMosesLake,

Thank you for the compliment about the service of the hotel. I am glad that being a returning Kimpton guest, which we thank you for, that the Topaz stacked up well against your other Kimpton experiences. I am glad that you have had great experiences at Kimpton and that now Topaz has become part of that. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2009

Suprised to find this hotel in the Kimpton chain. Like many others, the Topaz was probably groovy and hip when new but today it is tired. Maintenance is lacking at this property, same as the Hotel George near Union Station. Paint in the elevators and hallways showing too many scratches and gouges, room draperies with broken hardware, baths with flagging wallpaper and tiles overcaulked. Bar lounge is way overpriced for even Dupont Circle and NO olives, even for a second day. And what is with the tacky animal print robes and loungewear in all the room closets? I can't believe people aren't wearing the stuff! For the priceline discount price, it's a bargain...but for my money, I'd rather be closer to downtown in a Marriott or Rennaissance.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kennebunkdesigner
Reviewed October 14, 2009

The hotel is very well located between DuPond Circle and Downtown. It is within walking distance from monuments, museums, and some cool restaurants/bars.

It is possible to tell, however, that the hotel has received a quick make-up. One specific issue for us (we travelled with 2 small children) was the poor air quality. In one room, there was a strong smell of cigarette coming from the A/C. We asked to change room and the new room was much nicer, but this time the air was very dry. Our kids coughed a lot during the night.

The staff was very friendly and the other guests of the hotel were mostly young, hip, cool people.

Overall, this is a nice 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Kimpton_DC, Operations Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2009

Hello mgemi,

I am glad that you like the location as we are so close to Dupont Circle and definitely walking distance to many local attractions. I must apologize for the smell coming from the air conditioning unit. First, I understand that as a family that is the last thing you want in your room. Second, we are a non smoking hotel so that should never happen. But I am glad that the front desk took care of you and you were able to move rooms. The staff make the Topaz great. Thank you for bringing your family to visit and please come back again soon.