Kimpton Topaz Hotel
$191
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

$110
$97
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$149
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$137
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$140
$129
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$131
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$129
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$244
$143
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$169
$158
Priceline
1,369 results
All reviewsdupont circlequiet streetwine hourdressing roomyoga matcomplimentary winemini barfront desk staffwhite houseconnecticut avecontinental breakfastroom was largesmall hotellocation is greatfew blockssitting areawater pressure
Reviewed March 26, 2013

It's on the smaller side, but the hotel was nicely decorated and the room was comfortable.
Convenient location nearby attractions, restaurants, and convenient stores.
Staffs were nice and helpful. Valet parking fee of 40 for overnight was too much.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
rcimei, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear janice282,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of your recent stay at the Topaz. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff took such good care of you and the location worked out so well for you.

Regarding the parking, we do our best to keep our pricing on par with the other local hotels and garages as parking space in this area of the city are at a premium.

We hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I always enjoy the Topaz. The staff s very accommodating and friendly and the rooms are comfortable. The one thing to note, for many people is that here are stairs in the lobby to get to the elevator. Be sure to join Kimpton in touch. It's free and if you join, (a) you get free Internet, (b) you get a $10 for the minibar (and they have good juice and stuff) and (c) you sometimes get great offers in the email.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room here
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
rcimei, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Sofiastayshome,

Thank you for the outstanding review of your stay at the Topaz. We are all so happy that you had such a great time during your stay.

Thank you also for letting other travelers know about the 4 stairs from the lobby up to the elevator bank, we do have a lift for those that need assistance getting up and down these stairs and we also always have someone in the lobby to assist with luggage and strollers and things that may require some lifting assistance.

I am so excited that you joined Kimpton in Touch, it really is a no brainer, free wireless, free snacks and the deals that you get at Kimpton Hotels all over the country just for signing up.

We can't wait to have you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Now that I've stayed at the Topaz, I think I've stayed at almost all of the Kimpton properties in Washington DC proper. I would put this one near the top, especially considering the deal I got.

Check-in was efficient, although the valet parking prices are getting a little ridiculous, $41 per night (the Tabard hotel next door was advertising $25 per night). When I checked in, the staff gave me a heads up that there was a marathon the next morning, and provided me with a map of how to avoid the route.

Like the room I had at the Rouge, it was absolutely huge (I'm not sure who even needs such large rooms to be honest). It was clean and stylish, a little understated for a Kimpton room, but that's not a terrible thing as it still felt quite modern. I still think it's lame that DC area Kimptons have pumps of soap instead of the typical disposable shampoos, etc... but it's green I guess.

The bar wasn't great at this property, it's on the small side and when I went down there no bartender was to be seen. Also the mini-bar was turned off or not working, so I had warm beverages (make sure you signup for Kimpton's reward program so you get $10 free from the mini bar).

The location is great for someone like me who pretty much walks every where in the city. I had a meeting in Chinatown and the walk was quite nice. That said, it's not super close to a metro station, so if you have a ton of bags from the airport you may want to hail a cab.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ry0ohki

Dear ry0ohki,

Thank you both for your great review of your stay at the Topaz, but also your amazing loyalty to the DC Kimpton properties.

I am glad that you had a good experience with us but I do want to apologize for the minor issues that you experienced with the mini bar and the lack of service in the bar. As I am sure you can appreciate based on your other experiences, these are not normal occurences and I am very sorry that they happened during your stay.

All in all I am happy that you had such a nice time and we look forward to having you come back with us on your next stay in DC.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

An absolutely huge room, enormous bed and very centrally located. A 5 min walk to both the Dupont Circle and Farragut North metro stops on the red line makes this location ideal. Kimpton hotels are generally really good, and Topaz is no exception. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephen M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such an awesome review of your trip to the Topaz. I am so glad that you enjoyed the guestroom and location so much and were able to make the most of your trip to DC.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Recently stayed here in February amd really enjoyed it. Usual friendly Kimpton staff and great location in Dupont Circle. Wine hour was very nice and went to a great Sushi restaurant around the corner recommended by the bartender! I am a Kimpton convert, heading to NYC next week to stay at the Muse. The Hotels are always consistent! It certainly takes the guesswork out of where to stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear denise531415,

Thank you for the amazing review of your stay at the Topaz. I am so excited that you had such a great time and enjoyed the team and the hotel so much and were able to enjoy wine hour as well.

I am sure that the Muse delivered a great experience as well. We look forward to having you back with us or at your next adventure to another Kimpton Hotel.