$188
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of $346/night.

$107
$135
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$158
$119
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$119
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$166
$130
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$170
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$129
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

1,390 results
All reviewsdupont circlequiet streetwine hourdressing roomyoga matdressing areamini barcomplimentary winewhite housefront desk staffconnecticut avecontinental breakfastroom was largesmall hotellocation is greatfew blockssitting area
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I always enjoy the Topaz. The staff s very accommodating and friendly and the rooms are comfortable. The one thing to note, for many people is that here are stairs in the lobby to get to the elevator. Be sure to join Kimpton in touch. It's free and if you join, (a) you get free Internet, (b) you get a $10 for the minibar (and they have good juice and stuff) and (c) you sometimes get great offers in the email.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room here
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
rcimei, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Sofiastayshome,

Thank you for the outstanding review of your stay at the Topaz. We are all so happy that you had such a great time during your stay.

Thank you also for letting other travelers know about the 4 stairs from the lobby up to the elevator bank, we do have a lift for those that need assistance getting up and down these stairs and we also always have someone in the lobby to assist with luggage and strollers and things that may require some lifting assistance.

I am so excited that you joined Kimpton in Touch, it really is a no brainer, free wireless, free snacks and the deals that you get at Kimpton Hotels all over the country just for signing up.

We can't wait to have you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Now that I've stayed at the Topaz, I think I've stayed at almost all of the Kimpton properties in Washington DC proper. I would put this one near the top, especially considering the deal I got.

Check-in was efficient, although the valet parking prices are getting a little ridiculous, $41 per night (the Tabard hotel next door was advertising $25 per night). When I checked in, the staff gave me a heads up that there was a marathon the next morning, and provided me with a map of how to avoid the route.

Like the room I had at the Rouge, it was absolutely huge (I'm not sure who even needs such large rooms to be honest). It was clean and stylish, a little understated for a Kimpton room, but that's not a terrible thing as it still felt quite modern. I still think it's lame that DC area Kimptons have pumps of soap instead of the typical disposable shampoos, etc... but it's green I guess.

The bar wasn't great at this property, it's on the small side and when I went down there no bartender was to be seen. Also the mini-bar was turned off or not working, so I had warm beverages (make sure you signup for Kimpton's reward program so you get $10 free from the mini bar).

The location is great for someone like me who pretty much walks every where in the city. I had a meeting in Chinatown and the walk was quite nice. That said, it's not super close to a metro station, so if you have a ton of bags from the airport you may want to hail a cab.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ry0ohki

Dear ry0ohki,

Thank you both for your great review of your stay at the Topaz, but also your amazing loyalty to the DC Kimpton properties.

I am glad that you had a good experience with us but I do want to apologize for the minor issues that you experienced with the mini bar and the lack of service in the bar. As I am sure you can appreciate based on your other experiences, these are not normal occurences and I am very sorry that they happened during your stay.

All in all I am happy that you had such a nice time and we look forward to having you come back with us on your next stay in DC.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

An absolutely huge room, enormous bed and very centrally located. A 5 min walk to both the Dupont Circle and Farragut North metro stops on the red line makes this location ideal. Kimpton hotels are generally really good, and Topaz is no exception. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephen M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such an awesome review of your trip to the Topaz. I am so glad that you enjoyed the guestroom and location so much and were able to make the most of your trip to DC.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Recently stayed here in February amd really enjoyed it. Usual friendly Kimpton staff and great location in Dupont Circle. Wine hour was very nice and went to a great Sushi restaurant around the corner recommended by the bartender! I am a Kimpton convert, heading to NYC next week to stay at the Muse. The Hotels are always consistent! It certainly takes the guesswork out of where to stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear denise531415,

Thank you for the amazing review of your stay at the Topaz. I am so excited that you had such a great time and enjoyed the team and the hotel so much and were able to enjoy wine hour as well.

I am sure that the Muse delivered a great experience as well. We look forward to having you back with us or at your next adventure to another Kimpton Hotel.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is not new, and we were not impressed by its design or size. But the prices are reasonable, the stuff is friendly, the meal at the restaurante is not bad, and the location is great - just steps from the metro station, a walking distance to the The Phillips Collection (very good!), etc. The street where the hotel is located is very calm and pretty - so don't be afraid of any city noise.
They have a valet service to park your car (not cheap! more than $40 for a night) - be sure to call at the reception about 15 minutes in advance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear olga v,

Thank you for the great review of your trip to the Topaz. I am really glad that you enjoyed the spacious guest room and the location worked out so well for you. I am glad that you got to enjoy so much of DC, I love the Phillips Collection as well. We agree that being situated on this street is really great as it does not feel like you are in the hustle and bustle of DC.

We hope you will come see us again on your next trip to Washington, DC.