- Small (if you are looking for a more personal, less "corporate" experience)
- About an 8-10 minute walk to Dupont Circle
- There is a restaurant in the hotel (though small) and also several choices (e.g. Luna) are a very short walk -- even closer than Dupont Circle
- Free WiFi if you are a member of Kimpton
- Plug-in station next to bed; I wish all hotels would have this, as lack of convenient electrical outlets can be an issue
- Various drink specials and happy hour promotions at the little bar/restaurant
- Staff friendly and helpful
- Location and "hip factor" not as good at this hotel as some of the other nearby Kimptons
- The inside of the hotel more or less has the look and feel of an old apartment building; when you look closely, it's rather worn and not all that clean (for example, hallways, inside the elevators, etc.)
- Two very old, slow elevators - a problem if the hotel is near capacity
- Lobby area is tiny - really not a lobby per se; bar/restaurant is also very small and limited in seating
- Television had grainy, poor reception...was not clear even though they are using newer, flat screen TVs
- Shampoo and shower gel are in permanent pump bottles affixed to shower wall. Cheap approach and hard to pump a sufficient quantity for use.
Overall, the hotel is adequate and may be a good choice if you get a very discounted rate, but it is definitely not as good as the "higher level" Kimptons in the vicinity. I would stay here again in a pinch, but if given options, it would definitely not be my first choice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Topaz Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Topaz Hotel Kimpton