$207
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$119
Kimpton
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$121
$99
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$170
Dupont Circle
$115
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$159
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$237
$199
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$233
1,389 results
All reviewsdupont circlequiet streetwine hourdressing roomyoga matdressing areamini barcomplimentary winewhite housefront desk staffconnecticut avecontinental breakfastroom was largesmall hotellocation is greatfew blockssitting area
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Funky decor and nice to see instead of the same ole same ole. This hotel is in remodeling stage in the main entrance, but staff do go out of their way not to inconvience you. There is valet parking, as the street is very narrow and looks more residential. If you are walking, get off at Dupont Circle Metro, you will be beside Panera Bread, go to the letter "N" street straight in front of you in about one to two blocks, turn left and then another two blocks. (watch for the green awning on left). I mistook "N" for North Street and it caused confusion when I was lost and asked for directions. Breakfast is served, but was to much for our budget so we walked to McDonalds except Monday was 1800 Cafe, no frill, set at the bar place but affordable. Wifi is not free at Topaz and I was going to use it for attractions and that didn't pan out unless I wanted to pay $10 to find out. The mini bar in the room was nice but each item ranged from $3-$6. A nice sightseeing company is the Old Town Trolley. It takes you to all the stops of interest and you can get off and enjoy then get back on when you get done. A new trolley comes by every half hour.202-832-9800 if you want to call. If you are catholic, you can walk through the alley to St. Matthews Cathedral (where JFK's mass was held) its just a breathtaking sight with Latin masses at 10 am. I enjoyed the clean rooms and definetly the kind staff and if the prices don't increase after the remolding, I will go back, since I know my way around now and I don't need the laptop. They have an ATM machine and computer in a very small "BUSINESS CENTER" but could be because they are remolding.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I normally stay at the Capitol Hilton when I go to DC for work. I decided to buck the trend and stay at a botique hotel. I also wanted to stay in a less touristy area so I would have good choices for dinner.

Everyone working there was incredibly helpful. Thanks to my teammate I realized I could get an in room humidifier which was awesome. Because I signed up for Kimpton rewards, I got free internet and passes to the YMCA.

The rooms were nice and spacious and I never heard my neighbors if I had any.

The neighborhood is quiet and safe. Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TunaKristin
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I had a great time at the Topaz -- overall, it's an excellent place to stay if you're visiting all that DC has to offer. This is our first time to a Kimpton Hotel and we will definitely be staying again!

First, their member program (free to sign up) gets you free wi-fi and a $10 credit in the mini-fridge (the peanut M&M's and the chocolate bar hit the spot!). Second, if you're a AAA member you can get an extra discount to save you a bit more $. On top of that they have an eco-program so if you drive a hybrid car you get free parking there which can save a bundle in DC (so if you're renting a car, ask them for a hybrid -- it's usually only a little more these days).

In terms of the hotel location we couldn't have asked for better. You're less than a 5 minute walk to the subway; a 3 minute walk to the Circulator bus stop (a $1 bus ride to Georgetown -- lots of great restaurants & shops there -- be sure to check out Baked & Wired if you're into yummy cupcakes!); and a couple of minute walk to a bunch of restaurants around the hotel itself. So in terms of location, it's great -- you can easily hop on one of the many modes of transportation and get anywhere you want from the hotel.

The hotel itself was great -- friendly people greet you, the room was just what we were looking for (quiet, comfy bed, big TV, etc.), and a great value & location. If I had one complaint, it was that we didn't have much of a view but frankly we didn't need it anyway since we were out all day and then crashed in the evenings.

We'll definitely be staying at the Topaz the next time we return to DC and looking for Kimpton hotels in other cities we visit. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greenbio
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I booked this hotel after reading all the great reviews. To be fair, we're fresh off stays with four and five star hotels and I didn't realize this was a three star. There was no one to help us with valet parking or luggage out front of the hotel. When I asked about a bell man, I was pointed to a single very old, very small luggage cart. When I asked about something more, I was told that there was no more assistance they could offer. They did however offer to lift the back end of the cart as my husband carried it up the stairs we had to use to get to the elevator and took the wheeled bag that I was carrying up the stairs all together. That was nice. After settling in to our room, which was a bit musty as another reviewer mentioned ( turning on the AC did help), I read their literature. It seems that it's policy to give children a welcoming gift and a list of nearby child friendly activities. That didn't happen.
I'll also mention a few nit-picky things that I probably wouldn't mention otherwise:
The elevators are really slow and small. I wondered if we were going to have to make two trips.
The bathroom is very small, but there is a dressing room, which is nice and an awkward nook that seems to serve no purpose (?)
We needed a few extra towels and were hard pressed to get someone to answer the telephone. Once we did however, the towels were delivered promptly.
I think we'll be looking for another hotel next time we're here.

• Stayed: February 2011
TopazHotelGM, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2011

Dear rbcgrey,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us and fellow travelers here on tripadvisor.com. In reviewing you review, I'm terribly sorry that you did not receive an experience consistent with the manner in which we strive to treat our guests.

In the event that our bell attendant is assisting another guest someone else typically steps in to ensure that all of our guests' needs are met and not simply lifting the back of the cart up the stairs. In this case and our failure to extend our children's welcome amenity, we fell short of the warm welcome that Topaz guests have grown to expect and deserve.

I have reviewed this, along with the other service challenges you mentioned with our team to ensure that we are consistently providing the genuine care that brought you to Topaz initially. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your experience with us. I can be reached at 202.521.7355 whenever you have a free moment.

Donte Johnson

Reviewed February 24, 2011

The staff was friendly, the value was good, the beds were comfortable, but the room and bathroom were very cramped. There also seemed to be a problem with the HVAC in the room - not functioning well.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family