Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Generally speaking what makes the Windsor Inn worthy is the location, very close to the White House (maybe 20 minutes by walk) and near a couple of bus stops that will make easy for you to go to most of the touristic spots. The hotel itself seems improvised, you can tell by the old-house shape and looks. I had the bad-luck to get a room at the basement which was very tight and definitely not pleasant. Maybe the upper level rooms are better. Breakfast was basically cereal and waffles. Although the location is great, chose this place only if you don't care about the low end atmosphere and you get a low fare.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaioC1352
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I actually loved this old place, and I would stay there again. It's in a odd place to me, since it's between houses and apartments. But the people are friendly there was one gentleman name Jessie when we checked in gave us a map and showed us how to get around and places to eat. There is a corner store next to the hotel. You can get drinks and snacks. The rooms are small but very clean you could smell the clean in the rooms, the sheets, the pillows and towels. We sat outside under the trees when we got in from looking around just relaxing, looking around at all. It's very close to everything to go see. I rented a car so the park is different since u can only park on some streets at certain times. But worked since we were off early to go see the sights. It wasn't high prices just perfect for us. If and when I go back I will stay there

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Denise C
Reviewed August 8, 2017

The good: it's centrally located, close to the metro and it's cheap.
The bad: everything else. The first room they gave me was garden level, i.e. basement. The first thing I saw was a creepy looking housekeeping closet and my room was right next to that. Couldn't get the door open which had chipped wood right by the lock like people had tried to jimmy it. Staff helps me get in and the shower and towels were wet like they'd recently been used. The furniture looked dirty, knobs falling off the dresser. The room was remote and creepy is the only way to describe how it felt. I asked for another room. Got a room on the 2nd floor but one of the blinds was broken, the closet wall was unfinished, the cable cut in/out, no deadbolt, spackled spots on the wall. Went to move a granite side table in front of the door (it felt necessary w/no deadbolt just a chain) and the whole top came off! It wasn't attached to the table at all. Wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank cjjr54
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

Ok lets be honest, it is a small Inn hotel with no own parking. If you have a car, you have to deal with the messy and limited Washington D.C. Public parking. It has no elevator, so you have to drag your luggage up through the stairs, beds are uncomfortable, and there was no hot water on the third floor. However, it was pretty clean, bed lining and towels were white and had a clean smell. Room in general was clean and nice. Wifi service worked perfect, I did my online classes with no problem. And the noon front desk guy (Jaime), was awesome. Very kind, and let you know how to move around, restaurants, etc.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank nausfaratu
Reviewed July 10, 2017

For just $102, including taxes, in D.C., I got a clean small room with a comfy bed and great air conditioning, along with a generous supply of lovely scented toiletries. I don't have a problem climbing stairs, so the lack of an elevator wasn't an issue for me. Free coffee and tea were available in the morning.
I prefer offbeat hotels with character to bland chain hotels, and this fit the bill. It's not the place for people who want things looking shiny and new, but it was a great fit for me.
The Metro is within walking distance but not super close. It's fine if your suitcase has wheels.

Date of stay: July 2017