Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Stay away! One of the worst hotels in which I have ever stayed. Having lived and worked in Africa, Central and South America - the experience in this establishment FAR exceeded the deplorable conditions I encountered in developing nations. The pictures posted on the website are false advertisement, as the rooms look nothing like that which is seen in the photos. Three weeks after having been there, I am still dealing with the ramifications of the scabies I contracted while there. The $300+ room rate (RIDICULOUS!) ended up costing me far more in doctor visits and the sanitation, disinfecting process. Horrible, horrible! I wish I could give them "0" as a rating!

Room tip: The only tip needed - STAY AWAY!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Stayed in the Windsorr in last May for 4 days. First of all: we really liked the neighbourhood a lot. It's a nice quiet neighbourhood with a lot of nice restaurants and shops nearby. The hotel looks nice as well, it's got that nice old European vibe that we loved. When you check in you immediately notice how helpfull the staff is! They will help you with anything and no quastion is too small to answer. The rooms are just fine. We don't have high standards for hotelrooms because were only there to sleep. But the rooms are clean and everything worked so overall I can recommend the hotel to everyone who is planning a trip to DC.

3  Thank jackvanrotterdam
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Location was great, close to shopping, restaurants and was in an area you felt safe sitting outside or walking. We had no problems using an uber or taxi. Very shabby, needs paint, new furniture and even the electrical work made me nervous. The room was clean & the showers worked. The night we arrived we were given a room key and walked in on someone else in that room! The $5.00 breakfast was cereal or waffles. Fruit or yogurt would have been nice. No queen or king beds. Price was a lot less than nearby hotels, but not sure if was even worth what we paid. Cat roaming freely. Very loud window air conditioner right next to bed.

Room tip: Book early so you can at least get a full size bed if that's what you want. Otherwise your only choice are single beds
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Becky G
Reviewed June 20, 2017

This hotel is not for everyone. Let me start with the positives, the main one being location. It is a 10 minute walk from 16th Street which contains numerous bars and restaurants, some offering excellent food at good prices. A similar walk will take you to U St where once again you will find many bars and restaurants. Dupont Circle (more upmarket) is a 15 minute walk whilst the White House is a 25 minute walk. I found the staff (especially Jamie on reception) to be very helpful and able to suggest some good local restaurants to eat at. I paid just over $100 per night for two of us, breakfast (a sparse affair of cereal and waffles plus drinks) is available at a cost of $5. For those not keen on walking, buses to the White House area stop virtually outside the hotel and U St metro is a 12 minute walk. The neighbourhood is safe and walking at night should present no problems.

Now the downside. There is no elevator so be prepared to climb a maximum of two floors. There is no parking on site although there are various lots and garages in the area where parking can be found. I suggest you do a Google search in advance to get the best deal as parking can be as much as $40 per day. The hotel is in need of modernisation although our room was clean.

In giving this hotel 4 stars I have placed location above the things mentioned as part of the downside. As I said at the outset this hotel is not for everyone but for those who do not want to pay the high prices that come with a modern Washington hotel I suggest you check this out. This was our second stay at the hotel and should we travel to Washington again it would be our hotel of choice.

4  Thank paulgrantconsulting
Reviewed May 30, 2017

Stayed one night and whilst it was clean and comfortable I wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer. It's very tired, needs a coat of paint everywhere and whilst it's a quirky old building the charm didn't outweigh the facilities. There wasnt any tea/coffee maker in the room only in reception and no wifi. The cost for the size and what it offers is overpriced even for Washington. It was in quite a good location which was a plus but overall not great.

1  Thank Annie-Hart