I think that the review of this hotel boils down to expectations. If you read through the reviews – it seems to be a question of expectations vs reality. Look – this place is old. Paint is peeling off the walls. No elevator. Continental breakfast is weak (I would call it coffee and bread). If it was middle of summer I am not sure the AC unit could keep up. The TV’s in the room are 15” from 1990. One of the guys at the front desk is creepy, one guy is just mean, and the only gal that works there is terrific and I am sorry I can’t remember her name (but she is the only lady). On the other side it’s in a great area. You can walk to many good restaurants on 18th or the metro in Dupont Circle. Room is clean. Water is hot. Towels are plush (better than Marriot or Hilton) and the bed is flat and comfy. Bottom line is if you are looking for the Ritz this isn’t it. If you are looking for a good value room with clean towels and beds this place is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc