We enjoyed our first trip to DC, this Inn's location is 5 star. Don't expect a luxurious b&b, more like discovering a fun, funky, previously cherished find in a consignment shop. The employees we're friendly. I can't understand the angry, negative reviews. The "African guy", Moussa, was only kind, helpful and charming with us. (But, we didn't arrive with attitude) Dosn't everyone print out travel things?
Breakfast choices, Cheerios, toast, pastry, bagel, cream cheese, butter and jam, tea, tasty OJ and decent coffee. A breakfast room bonus, on a couple mornings we had opportunity to chat with other guests from all around the world. Whole Foods is nearby, so pick up some fruit to supplement all that yummy bread. We walked most everywhere, the area is full of young professional people, also walking. We never felt unsafe.
Would stay here again.
Can't speak to the basement room. Sounds dreary...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc