Windsor Inn
$351
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Omni Hotels
$199
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$375
$271
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsu streetdupont circlewhite houserooms are smallminute walkgreat neighborhoodnational mallfew blocksmetrowallpaper
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Hotel is in need for a complete remodel. Run down rooms, halls, Place is on the dirty side. Location is great, but NO parking,
If Windsor would remodel, this would be a nice place to stay.
rooms are over priced for what is offered.
this hotel is Only for a single college kid that is used to sleeping in a dump.

Room Tip: Always Request rooms on upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank queckie1
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We booked this hotel via priceline, and so got it at a lower price than we were getting any hotel in the area from expedia, or hotels.com. In return, we got a suite in the basement. The place was next to a boiler room and so gloomy and dark that we didn't want to stay there at all, so we spent all our time outdoors in DC. We asked them to book a cab 24 hours before for next morning 6am to go to the airport, but no reservation was made. The person at the desk simply said, "I dont know anything about it, you didn't make the request to me." Then he says: "Its raining heavily outside, a can wont even stop if you shout it down". Such hospitality.

If you want a good location in town, and care about saving money, and nothing else, and will just occupy a bed at night, go for this hotel. Else, run away from it, you are sure to find a better deal somewhere else.

Room Tip: AVoid the basement rooms at any cost.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Amitab B
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Arrived at the Windsor Inn which was booked for me by someone else. Was given a 4th floor room (walk up with HUGE suitcase). Asked if someone could help me. They looked at me like I was from outer space. The room was so small, the bed was tiny, no blanket to speak of. Moldy shower and walls, Loud ac and fan in bathroom. Travel all the time. This is HONESTLY the worst place I have ever stayed! Flew home a day early, they wouldn't refund my money. Make you pay when you check in.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lbmremax
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Windsor Inn. The staff was friendly, especially the French gentleman in the afternoon. The inn is not really fancy, but is cozy. Breakfast is pretty much coffee or tea, pastries and Cheerios. There is no elevator so getting your bags up a flight or two can be a bit of a hassle. The bed was harder than I like, but I still slept well. The rugs were vacuumed daily, which I really liked. The location is close to two Metro stations and many restaurants. The street is very quiet and is in a nice residential area so I felt safe. If you are not expecting luxury but are looking for a decent, quaint, friendly, quiet, clean place to stay then I recommend the Windsor Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I liked the Windsor Inn and would stay there again. It's a really charming older style guesthouse at a reasonable price for DC. The rooms are nicely decorated, comfortable, and clean. I was upgraded to a junior suite and it was just what I was hoping for. The desk staff went out of their way to be helpful. The location is great, between a couple of commercial districts with lots of restaurants and other shopping. It's about a 20 minute walk to the national mall.Nevertheless, a few simple improvements would really be nice. The bathrooms need hooks to hang wet towels. Curtains in the rooms would block morning sunlight better than the current venetian blinds (keep the blinds, just add curtains). Instead of the cold continental breakfast they serve, they could perhaps offer hard boiled eggs, cheese slices, yogurts, and maybe some apples and bananas - not a big expense. Also, the wifi tended to be a bit spotty. It seemed best in the breakfast lounge. I think maybe they need an amplifier. I know this is a historic building, but if they could find a way to fit in double glazed windows, it would really cut down on street noise. 16th NW is a major street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business