A recent business trip to Washington provided me the opportunity to discover a new neighborhood and a hotel that was a wonderful alternative to big name and big price hotels.
The Embassy Inn, on 16th Street in Washington, DC is a place that provided hospitality and charm...at a very reasonable price. Located in a mixed residential/commercial area, within moments of entering the Embassy Inn, seeing the interiors and the welcome of the front desk receptionist, I knew this was a hotel with character and individuality. Hot water and tea materials available, classical music from NPR in the background, complementary Washington Post newspapers...and this was only the front entrance. The ambiance continued... The rooms were comfortable, nicely decorated and a continental breakfast was included. The hotel staff were all friendly and happy to help with any requests. I would highly recommend the Embassy Inn not only for price reasons, but you can feel you are having a non-commerical experience. Kudos to the Embassy Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Inn is a charming thirty eight-room European style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from the Dupont Circle Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Embassy Inn for its comfort, location, and value. The Embassy Inn originated in 1910 as an eight-unit apartment house. In 1919, it was converted into a thirty-room tourist hotel and was re-opened in 1987 as a thirty-eight hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Embassy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Embassy Hotel Washington Dc
- The Embassy Inn Washington Dc
- Embassy Inn Washington Dc