I think this hotel would be a very good choice for families or business travelers who are in DC for more than a few nights because the room I had was more like a mini-apartment. I had a full kitchen, a small separate bedroom with a door, and a sitting area with a desk. I do not know if this is the case for all rooms in the hotel -- this room was selected for me by my hosts in DC. The pool is small but was most welcome in the summer heat.
I have just a few minor quibbles: the bathroom was not as clean as I would have liked, not gross, just not spotless; the carpets in the common areas are definitely showing their age; and I did not get the free Washington Post advertised on the website. Also, I am not sure if the hotel's wireless was down.
I personally do not love the Foggy Bottom area because it is boring at night and not convenient to the more interesting parts of the City (i.e. U Street), but the hotel is walking distance to the K Street area and the White House, so it really depends why you are in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Washington Circle Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Washington, DC's vibrant Foggy Bottom neighborhood, just one block from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Enjoy cool, vibrant atmosphere from the moment you step through the front doors of our stylish hotel. Our friendly staff members welcome each guest with a genuine smile to our super comfortable, modern accommodations in a prime downtown DC location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your One Washington Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Washington Circle Hotel
- One Washington Circle Dc
- Hotel One Washington Circle