“Great Stay”

One Washington Circle Hotel
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We had a great stay. Our room was spacious and clean. Found out that the building was an apartment building which was converted to a hotel. It is my understanding that George Washington University owns the hotel. Nice kitchen area with a regular refrigerator, stove and microwave. Staff was excellent and very helpful. Others have commented about the close proximity to George Washington University's hospital, emergency room and ambulance sirens. Yes, from our room we did hear the sirens, but for us, the noise did not bother us. Close to the Metro and the hotel is located in a nice area. We were able to book a room with a special $99 per night.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank ahs76
There are newer reviews for One Washington Circle Hotel

Reviewed November 23, 2008

The hotel is in a quiet area, near a subway station and not too far from city-center. Rooms are big and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful, with good language skills (french and italian), very unusual for USA.
Only problem: the day before departure i asked for a taxi to dulles airport, but they booked a limousine.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2008

I was glad to find this hotel...it clearly is a converted apartment building from the 70s. I had no idea I would be getting something so large. The rate for the price is great. The restaurant downstairs for dinner was exceptionally good. Close walking distance to Dupont Circle and other DC areas.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Very good hotel. Excellent location. Good design. Clean big rooms (bathroom with shower and toilet too small but there is a separate pre-bathroom space with a sink). Higher floors very quiet. The breakfast is great (fresh food, good service, nice place). Washington D.C. can get very expensive depending on the period. If you can manage to pay less than 150-175 USD, this is a very good value.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Stayed there for a week with family.

Goods: location, right on Washington Circle. Walking distance to Georgetown and to the Foggy bottom Metro and pretty much everything else; staff very good and friendly; clean and well maintained; kitchen was great eventhough we did not use it much; small pool to cool down and nice for kids; came with complimentary parking.

Bads: location across from GWU ER and a firestation and police station next to it. So alot of sirens.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2008

My first impression when I entered the room was disappointment. We stayed in "supposedly" the best suite in the hotel, The Grand State Room. However, the room had a musty odor and the color of the rooms are a mustard color. I noticed the rugs were stained and the funiture and walls were worn and old. The lighting was dark and the kitchenette dated. We arrived at the hotel at midnight and immediately went to bed. There is an emergency room across the way from the hotel and the sirens were loud! The ambulances came and went 3 -4 times a night! I have childern and they kept waking up! One night an alarm clock went off in another room and we could not sleep! I called the front desk (no answer) I kept calling finally got someone and explained the situation. They doubted me. I went to the rooms above and below my room. Finally, I found were the alram was took the employee to the empty room and he opened the door to shut the alarm off! Also, be sure to bring a copy of your reservation with you. They over charged us and I had to show proof of my online reservation rate. PLEASE BEWARE!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I stayed for four nights in August 2008, and am surprised to see the negative comments. I had stayed for a week in December 2006 and was delighted with the facilities, as I was again on this trip.

The full kitchen is great for extended stays. Cleaning was spotless throughout. The rooms are large with A/C that was very efficient. The broadband internet cable is much more reliable than wifi service in other hotels and there is no extra charge. The suite had all sorts of extras -- robe, ironing board, safe, overnight shoe shine.

The location by the Washington Circle Metro subway is very convenient, and the hotel is in a lovely neighborhood by George Washington University, close to major attractions.

My only complaint: I had requested a smoking room. When I called a week before arrival to confirm a guaranteed late arrival, I specifically asked again to make sure it was a smoking room. But when I checked in, I was told the hotel had just converted to no-smoking! I said I should have been told that when I called a week earlier to confirm, and I would need a room with a balcony where I could smoke. They promptly upgraded me to a bigger suite with a balcony.

With the trend to smoke-free hotels, those of us who do want smoking rooms expect only honesty from hotels about their policy.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business