“Home away from Home”

One Washington Circle Hotel
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It is my 4th time here and after trying other hotels like Capital Hilton and the River Inn, I liked here even more. The convenience of location (next to Georgetown), studio type rooms, cleanliness, everything makes me feel like at home. But this time, I have realized that the mattresses, blankets got old and the pillows should be changed. I hope the hotel management is aware that you can not use these types of things forever, they get old and as I come to this hotel frequently on my business trips, it would be great to have them changed. Another point is in the rooms that are located in the edge, there is no wireless coverage, if you need an internet, go for the rooms in the middle around the elevator. Last but not least, it is very close to 'Wholefoods', CVS and Walgreens. And I love the hotel staff here, they are very welcoming and positive!!Will definitely come back again and again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ozlemitu
GWUInnGM, Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Ozlimetu,
We're so glad to hear that you've continuously chosen to stay with us over the past few years! Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your stay as well! The wireless connection is certainly an area of improvement that we are working to find out the best solution for, in the meantime, we apologize that it hasn't been as reliable as it should.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,
The One Washington Circle Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,899)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here in early Aug. 2013, but my review didn't post until now. Don't know why.

This is the MOST family-friendly hotel I've ever stayed in. I emailed them a few days before our arrival and let them know our trip was a birthday present for my young daughter. Upon arrival, there was a BAG of toys, treats and some desserts in our room, with a Happy Birthday note for my kid.

Throughout our stay, the staff (front desk, valet, manager, even the lifeguard at the pool) were exceptionally helpful and friendly. When I told friend about our time at One Washington Circle, they all promised to book it next time in DC.

Get the Big Bus Tours pass. It's worth it. But as far as hospitality goes, this hotel is BEYOND expectation for the price you're paying. Sangria, punch, cucumber water and snacks await you when you return tired from the museums. The rooms were meticulously clean. The friendliness of the staff was superlative. I will only stay here on future trips to DC.

Can't say enough awesome things about this hotel. Great in every way.

1  Thank Tracy B

Dear Tracy B,
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to be apart of your daughter's birthday memories and our team greatly enjoyed seeing what a wonderful time she was having! Thank you for not only posting this great review but for sharing your experiences with your friends!
We certainly hope to welcome all of you back very soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The rooms here are really spacious and private (we did not hear any noise from outside or other people in the rooms next to us). We were in a couple different rooms and both layouts were good. One had a bathroom where the shower and toilet were in one small room and the sink was right outside with a large closet. This was on the 2nd floor (the only reason we asked to be moved was because the dumpsters were right below us and we like to sit outside on the balcony at night). The other layout on the 8th floor was really nice in that it was a long room so the bathroom and huge walk-in-closet were as soon as you walked in. Then there was a kitchen with full refrigerator and then a room with 2 beds, desk, chair and ottoman. I really liked that the bathroom was really far away from the sleeping area so you didn't wake the other people in the room by taking a shower in the morning. At first I wasn't sure I liked the location but after my vacation I couldn't really think of another location I would rather be in. A few more restaurants would be nice in the area but we walked to a wonderful restaurant on Pennsylvania Ave for brunch one day (Founding Fathers) and a Brueggers, and Bread and Chocolate were right around the corner for breakfast as well (and a really great coffee chop next to Brueggers). I wouldn't recommend eating breakfast at the restaurant at the hotel. The metro was right there as was a Whole Foods and Trader Joes. We walked to Dupont Circle and The While House and even walked back to the hotel from Georgetown one night.

The only complaints I have about the room is that the shower pressure on the 8th floor was pretty bad and there are no chairs on the balcony. One of the reasons I booked this room is because it had a balcony. We had to take the chair and ottoman outside every night to sit. Also, the biggest complaint was that the curtains did not close so every morning I was up very early due to the sun. I must have been facing East. But minor complaints for a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Our room on the 8th floor was nicer than the one on the 2nd floor as far as better view from the bal...
1  Thank a-consumer

Dear A-Consumer,
Thank you for your very informative and wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We're very glad that you were able to enjoy our room layouts and great location and it seems you were very busy during your visit to DC!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful tips on some of the great restaurants that surround us.
We certainly understand your comment regarding increased seating on our balcony and it is something we are diligently working to provide!
We hope that the next time your travels bring you to DC you will stay with us again!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We loved it here, the staff was so helpful and attentive. The rooms are very spacious, updated decor, The balcony is awesome! Beautiful views.The whole place is beautiful.
We were treated fantastic by everyone, Andrew, Elliot and Gillian were so wonderful, we were upgraded to an incredible suite, at no extra cost, and looked out over the city, and Washington Circle Park. I will and already have, recommended this hotel to anyone coming to DC. Close to everything. I can't say a thing that wasn't great about it here. Thanks so much for making our first trip to DC fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GWUInnGM, Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Linda U,
Wow! What a fantastic and heartfelt review! Thank you so much for your kind words, as a management team, hearing that members of our team provided you with such a memorable experience is fantastic.
We're all so glad you enjoyed your first visit to DC and our hotel!
We certainly hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was expecting a slightly worn hotel based on the rating (3 stars, not 4) and a friend's report. But my family and I had an excellent experience and can't complain about anything. The location -- on Washington Circle, near GWU and Dupont Circle -- was perfect for us. I knew to ask for a room slightly off the circle and got one. The fact that there was a large tree outside the balcony (no furniture on the balcony, which was too bad) made it even better. Room 219 and probably 319 and 419, too, was large, with a full kitchen. The staff was friendly. Complimentary water bottles each day in the room and pitchers of ice water (with cucumbers, strawberries, and lemons-limes) in the lobby were nice touches. The outdoor pool (closed after Labor Day) is small, but large-pillow chairs and tables with umbrellas create a pleasant place to sit or do work. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on New Hampshire Avenue and worked out really well.

Dear Seacoastsip,
Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent stay with us! We're so glad you enjoyed our wonderful location and our wonderfully spacious rooms! You are right, getting a room that doesn't face the circle can help cut down on some street noise!
We certainly hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Reading the reviews about grotty stained carpet I was worried. This hotel is so much more than its carpet! The staff are amazing, warm and friendly we felt welcomed. The location with a Trader Joes 2 streets away and metro 5 min stroll was the best we could have chosen. The foyer has 4 jugs of flavoured water all day plus apples to take away. The rooms are HUGE and there is fridge and microwave, coffee maker and sofa and table. There is a guest laundry that costs $4 for a wash and dry. We cannot fault this hotel considering the price we paid ( under $200 per night ) don't be put off by the carpet comments yeh maybe it's time for them to be replaced but it didn't bother us at all. Also if you are a foodie and going to make the trek to Bens chili bowl it's a beautiful and historic walk up New Hampshire ave and no one should come to Washington and miss Bens!!!!

Room Tip: Washington is the city of sirens just get used to it
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chilifan m
GWUInnGM, Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Chilifanm,
We're so glad that you gave our hotel a chance and even happier to hear that you truly loved your experience! Thank you for sharing your stay and 'insider' tips with us and with other Trip Advisor readers!
We certainly hope to welcome you back to One Washington Circle Hotel on your next visit to DC!
The One Washington Circle Hotel team

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for a week in August with my family. We like suites hotels because the kids can stay in one room and the adults in another. We wanted to be in the city, not in a suburb of DC and selected this based on price and walking distance to the Metro. The location was great - two blocks to the Foggy Bottom stop and near a handful of restaurants and a Whole Foods grocery. The area isn't as popular as adjacent Dupont Circle (which is within walking distance). The hotel appears to be a 1970's apartment building, converted into a hotel. Space was great (large living room + desk area, small full kitchen, moderate sized bedroom), but all of the finishes were pretty tired. The lobby was pretty sleek and had been updated recently. Service was excellent. We were placed on the first floor, and despite its challenges (loud trash pickup in the a.m. and smelly balcony), the location worked out pretty well for this family (walk to pool, no elevator). The swimming pool (outdoor, unheated) was a good way to end the day, but it was downright chilly, even for kids. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant (pricey). Parking was about $20 per day, which seemed to be the going rate for the city. At the end of the day, the price, space, and the location drove us to this place.

Room Tip: Upper floors are best.
1  Thank Greg O

Dear Greg O,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us at One Washington Circle Hotel. We're so glad to hear that, for the most part, you really enjoyed your experience with us. You are right, our hotel is a converted apartment building which is why we have the luxury of such spacious rooms. In the coming months we are eagerly anticipating renovations to our hotels rooms and public areas and certainly hope that on your next stay you and your family can enjoy some of our upgrades (as well as a higher floor!).
We hope to see you again very soon,