“Great Location!”

One Washington Circle Hotel
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived at 10 AM expecting to just store luggage and go explore DC. To our surprise, staff was able to check us in, so we were able to unload and unwind a bit before exploring. The room was very clean and met our expectations. The kitchen was outdated, but clean and functional. The bathroom was small, but also super clean. We loved the large balcony overlooking the circle. This hotel is 0.2 miles from the metro which we used to go everywhere. There are restaurants and bars within walking distance as well. We ordered room service from the attached Circle Bistro which was very good. The only con is that it is across the street from the George Washington University Hospital so there was a lot of ambulance and other siren noise. Also, if you need the fitness center, it has one treadmill (which was out of order during my stay), one elliptical, one stationary bike, and an all-in-one weight machine. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aimeeseminole
Write a ReviewReviews (1,898)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our reason for selecting this hotel is it's convenience to George Washington University Hospital. When a family member had surgery there recently, we booked a room the night before. We were just a couple of blocks from the hospital. The rooms could be called suites because they offer a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, dinnerware, silverware, coffee serve, etc.), separate living and bedroom areas. There's also ample closet space. The bathroom was on the small side but had good lighting and lots of hot water. Our room had a balcony with a view of "the circle" that was lovely at night. We did not use the fitness center but spoke with other guests who did and found it adequate for their needs...the usual equipment. Rather than eat at a restaurant, we opted to dine in our room after shopping at the Whole Foods Market just a couple of blocks away. It's large and the choices unlimited. We highly recommend the selections from the entree bar and the salad bar - fresh and delicious. There's also a 24 hr CVS nearby. Upon our return home, we realized we'd left a couple of clothing items in our room. One phone call to the hotel and the items were in the mail to our home. The staff is very courteous and their service is very good. This was our second stay at One Washington Circle and we would stay there again without hesitation. With it's close proximity to the Foggy Bottom metro station, we'd like our next stay to be as tourists and visit many of the wonderful sites Washington, DC has to offer. I recommend this hotel for families, couples, singles, business travelers, and tourists.

Room Tip: The hotel is near George Washington University Hospital so you can expect ambulance noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed 3 nights on a business trip. I travel about 65 nights per year, staying mostly at Intercontinential (Platnium) and/or Marriott (Silver) sites.Everyone was pleasant, friendly and efficient. Room's are a little dated, and the carpet could be replaced, but it's clean, spacey, a balcony. I had room facing 23rd St.and the ambulances' sirens could get loud; it wasn't a problem for me. The location is a close walk to subway, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and many restaurants. For the price, staff and location, I will stay here next time.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to suite when making reservation and be nice at the front desk. And ask for the q...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is my 2nd time staying here and it worked out well once again.
the staff is always very pleasant and helpful. the doormen were especially helpful. the room was great- large with a full kitchen (full size gas stove and refrig), a separate room for TV viewing and congregating with the other folks who were in town for my conference and a comfortable bed.
i'll be back next year for this same conference and will visit here if in town for pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here January 2013 and the staff all of them were very pleasant. And not the fake kind of pleasant that is so apparently fake and a little sickening but the fake kind of of pleasant that you just about believe maybe they are this nice all the time. You can tell when there is a great person in charge, when everyone is on the same page and you get consistent customer service.
The lobby is small but I wasn't sleeping in the lobby so I didn't mind that and I have stayed in many many hotels and have found that most of the time the amount of stars that are given hotels are given for the state of the lobby. For the most part most nice hotels rooms are just about the same once you past the lobby, keep in mind I'm talking about good hotels.
The particular room I stayed in was a suite with a full kitchen (and I mean full, a separate room) and it had a balcony. I got this wonderful suite and it was a great room paying for this hotel from discount web site where I paid a very discounted price and still got the best service from the staff including the front desk staff who knew I paid a discounted price. I have stayed at hotels before where they constantly bought up that I paid a discounted price and constantly told me "well you paid through a discount web site and we can't do that" when I ask for something. But this hotel never bought it up after check in I even got a free gift because it was in the city for a particular event.
So to wrap it up, great consistent customer service. Very nice room with flat screen TV's which most hotels have upgraded to. Very roomy rooms. Kind of loud outside but I was staying in the middle of a busy city so what do you expect (but I stayed on a lower floor). Great location not far from metro and attractions. Had to pay for parking but if I stayed at a hotel in Washington D.C. and didn't have to pay for parking I would drop died from shock.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room and a suite with a full kitchen but if you want to sit on the balcony which i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The first advantage is the location. It is walking distance to the white house and almost opposite foggy bottom metro station. The lobby is small but the rooms make up for it. There are different sizes of rooms and what one gets is based on luck - almost all of them have an attached kitchen with micowave, fridge etc. The room which I stayed had separate bedroom living and dining space kitchen. It is an ideal place for longer stays. Staff is very courteous and service is good. The fitness centre is small witj the treadmill not functioning during my stay. This can be an issue when there are more people at the gym. Certainly will return.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cajithk
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A pleasant surprise. Better than I had anticipated for the price. Rooms are spacious and quiet, with good wi-fi and a well equipped kitchen. Fresh bean coffee and a grinder were a welcome extra. The room layout was a bit odd, but overall it was very comfortable.

Staff managed ably when we need to book a meeting room at very short notice, bringing a projector from another hotel.

I will consider this hotel again, especially for a block booking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business