“worked out well again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Walpole, Massachusetts
“worked out well again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is my 2nd time staying here and it worked out well once again.
the staff is always very pleasant and helpful. the doormen were especially helpful. the room was great- large with a full kitchen (full size gas stove and refrig), a separate room for TV viewing and congregating with the other folks who were in town for my conference and a comfortable bed.
i'll be back next year for this same conference and will visit here if in town for pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Greek first
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here January 2013 and the staff all of them were very pleasant. And not the fake kind of pleasant that is so apparently fake and a little sickening but the fake kind of of pleasant that you just about believe maybe they are this nice all the time. You can tell when there is a great person in charge, when everyone is on the same page and you get consistent customer service.
The lobby is small but I wasn't sleeping in the lobby so I didn't mind that and I have stayed in many many hotels and have found that most of the time the amount of stars that are given hotels are given for the state of the lobby. For the most part most nice hotels rooms are just about the same once you past the lobby, keep in mind I'm talking about good hotels.
The particular room I stayed in was a suite with a full kitchen (and I mean full, a separate room) and it had a balcony. I got this wonderful suite and it was a great room paying for this hotel from discount web site where I paid a very discounted price and still got the best service from the staff including the front desk staff who knew I paid a discounted price. I have stayed at hotels before where they constantly bought up that I paid a discounted price and constantly told me "well you paid through a discount web site and we can't do that" when I ask for something. But this hotel never bought it up after check in I even got a free gift because it was in the city for a particular event.
So to wrap it up, great consistent customer service. Very nice room with flat screen TV's which most hotels have upgraded to. Very roomy rooms. Kind of loud outside but I was staying in the middle of a busy city so what do you expect (but I stayed on a lower floor). Great location not far from metro and attractions. Had to pay for parking but if I stayed at a hotel in Washington D.C. and didn't have to pay for parking I would drop died from shock.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room and a suite with a full kitchen but if you want to sit on the balcony which i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The first advantage is the location. It is walking distance to the white house and almost opposite foggy bottom metro station. The lobby is small but the rooms make up for it. There are different sizes of rooms and what one gets is based on luck - almost all of them have an attached kitchen with micowave, fridge etc. The room which I stayed had separate bedroom living and dining space kitchen. It is an ideal place for longer stays. Staff is very courteous and service is good. The fitness centre is small witj the treadmill not functioning during my stay. This can be an issue when there are more people at the gym. Certainly will return.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank cajithk
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

A pleasant surprise. Better than I had anticipated for the price. Rooms are spacious and quiet, with good wi-fi and a well equipped kitchen. Fresh bean coffee and a grinder were a welcome extra. The room layout was a bit odd, but overall it was very comfortable.

Staff managed ably when we need to book a meeting room at very short notice, bringing a projector from another hotel.

I will consider this hotel again, especially for a block booking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed 4 times at this hotel and every time the experience has been great. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating to my needs. They are always willing to help me. The rooms are perfect for business trips. I always need space to have private meetings, make coffee and being able to accommodate at least 4 people with their computers brainstorming for long hours. This is the perfect hotel to do that without having to book a separate room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GWUInnGM, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Maria Alejandra C,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of One Washington Circle Hotel. A frequent guest is always welcome and I was so pleased to see that you have stayed with us four times.

Hopefully on one of your next visits we can meet and I can personally welcome you back! Again, than you for your kind words.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

For a room, it was $100 dollars, and parking per night was $30+. There was nothing to great about this hotel. Overall, the hotel needs to be updated. Nasty curtains. It is not a luxuary hotel. If you plan on a really nice stay, I suggest you go to another place. They are located right next to a fire station also,so expect a little extra noise added to the city.The front desk was helpful, valet was slow at times. They didn't have extra cots. They rooms were fully stocked. Good location. It was average, nothing to grand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kimnik2013
Dear Kimnik2013,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while a guest with us. While it is nice to get positive reviews, it is also quite helpful to see reviews where a guest did not have the type of stay we strive for.

Admittedly, and I do not know which room you were in of course, there are some rooms that are more susceptible to street noise than others. Not only is there a FireStation a few blocks away, but also GW Hospital right across the street. We are also exposed to different motorcades due to our proximity to the State Department and The White House.

I was sorry to see your disappointment with the room. I will have to make a concerted effort to identfy where we may have some issues with drapes. We do have a planned renovation of all our guest rooms bedding and carpet in the very near future.

I was pleased to see the desk team was good, but I will speak to the valet team about expediting their service.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I appreciate the feedback.
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were a little concerned when we pulled up and saw the lobby. Small with a walk up to a plain front desk. Not like a luxury hotel to say the least. Staff was great in taking care of us, though. Real surprise was our room itself. Spacious with a good use of the space. Rooms were quiet and we didn't hear our neighbors. Traffic dies down at night so the city sounds didn't bother us. Once we got to know the layout of the city, we realized the location was awesome! We'll definitely stay there again on our next trip to the wonderful city of DC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bob B
Dear Bob B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property on Trip Advisor.

I was certainly glad to see that the experience you had wasn't too influenced by our intimate lobby! I understand your comments, the lobby isn't all that large for sure.

Most importantly though, as you pointed out, is that the rooms are large and the team friendly. I also appreciate your pointing out the real asset of our location. Our proximity to so many different things is great.

We look forward to welcoming you back!